Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

A part of that article i don't like is Cameron being on vacation this week. If we lose out on signing Carr cause he went to Rome alot of Fin fans are gonna explode.

We will not miss out on Carr because Cameron is in Rome. He has already given Mueller his input and Mueller will take it from here. Right now it comes down to compensation for his services and Cam has nothing to do with that.

We will not miss out on Carr because Cameron is in Rome. He has already given Mueller his input and Mueller will take it from here. Right now it comes down to compensation for his services and Cam has nothing to do with that.
I hope ur right.

Please don't give up anymore than a seven for this guy. Besides we have Grippina Hambone who is playing for the Germans. Somewhere.

just out of curiosity are you trying to tell me there would be no if's and's or but's with trent green or david carr????

Not with Green. He has been consistent with 2 teams. He would be a perfect addition to this veteran team for 1-2 yrs assuming the FO is planning on investing an early draft pick on a QB.
Carr I'm not sure, but he's not coming off a major injury. It's more difficult to evaluate Carr because of his lack of supporting cast.
There is no guarantee that Kubiak is going to succeed as a head coach in the NFL so he may have made a mistake in releasing Carr. Only time will tell.

In Your Opinion, does dolphins use carr to get leverage against KC ?

I really hope not, because I 'am all for carr (like last year before we sign culp) but I begin to think that our FO office could use him to get leverage against KC.

opinions ?

Yea, this seems to be the angle, especially if Carr is considering retirement then his desire is truly lacking.

I think that is at least what they are trying to do. Will it work or not I don't know? But I wouldn't be totally shocked if Miami has some genuine interest in Carr but I doubt he ends up here just because I don't think Miami will pay what other teams will. If the guy is seriously considering retirement than it is no wonder the Texans couldn't get a pick for him. I wouldn't care if he was brought in as long as they didn't give him to much money. If he wants to come over for backup money than fine. Otherwise let him keep looking.
I kind of feel the same way about Green, if he will come for about what we payed Joey last year, than I would be fine with it otherwise lets look to the draft, hope Culpepper gets healthy or Lemon turns out to not be one.

They had Herm Edwards on Cold Pizza this morning.....he said the competition is still open, but it sounded like he was high on Brody Croyle and Damon Huard....I would think Trent Green would be their #3 QB and likely be cut....we can wait them out if necessary.....I would not give up a early pick for Green. If they try to play hardball, I would just take Carr.

They had Herm Edwards on Cold Pizza this morning.....he said the competition is still open, but it sounded like he was high on Brody Croyle and Damon Huard....I would think Trent Green would be their #3 QB and likely be cut....we can wait them out if necessary.....I would not give up a early pick for Green. If they try to play hardball, I would just take Carr.

If they tried to play hard ball, I'd just draft a rookie and head into camp with Daunte, Cleo, and a rookie.

I think that is at least what they are trying to do. Will it work or not I don't know? But I wouldn't be totally shocked if Miami has some genuine interest in Carr but I doubt he ends up here just because I don't think Miami will pay what other teams will. If the guy is seriously considering retirement than it is no wonder the Texans couldn't get a pick for him. I wouldn't care if he was brought in as long as they didn't give him to much money. If he wants to come over for backup money than fine. Otherwise let him keep looking.
I kind of feel the same way about Green, if he will come for about what we payed Joey last year, than I would be fine with it otherwise lets look to the draft, hope Culpepper gets healthy or Lemon turns out to not be one.
Where did you hear Carr was considering retiring??

I haven't heard that either. Source? Link? Anything?
I think hes quoting some texan fan who was in here yesterday they he heard on the Radio that The Texan organization was saying Carr won't play again.. which is total B.S. Espn or some news outlet would have got a hold of that by now.. And noone has has said anything about it.

Yeah I saw that, too. I was thinking that KC is hoping that Croyle will look good enough to start. And as you stated, Green will be the odd man out.

$7 million a year is a lot to pay for a backup in Green, who just lost his job to our previous former backup Huard.

Even for a 7th round pick, the price is still very high. I'd either sign Carr, or wait for Green to get cut. We're not in a hurry. With Culpepper/Lemon... we're not desperate either, like some teams.

Although I'd prefer Green over Carr, it's not by a lot. If Carr is $4 million/yr cheaper, and doesn't require a draft pick... it seems like a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom