Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

Kdawg954 said:
Well I"m finally back from GErmany . . and all I can say is WOW.

First off, the women, there were easily a ratio of women to men 2 to 1, to me that was amazing the amount of women soccer fans. And I must say there were SEXY women from every single country. The most impressive of course were the brazillians, but the suprises came from Croatia and Poland, oh my.

German soccer fever was nutz, I wasn't able to go to Munich, I was pretty much in Dortmond, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Frankfurt, chilled a day in Hamburg, a couple days in Wurzburg and I went to the final game in Berlin (I actually came out of this vacation almost with profit, I had 4 Third place game tickets and sold them for 3000 euros, amazing, I only paid about 400 euros for them). Man it was crazy every where, mainly because the GErmans were winning, but they were playing good too, something not expected by many fans over there. Man after the games, women just taking off they clothes, gettin drunk, man anything that could happen, happened, plain and simple. No riots at all either, I mean Berlin was packing almost one million people for that game against Argentina, OUTSIDE of the stadium, I mean the biggest city in Germany, and they shut down the whole city, all the main streets, and no riots whatsoever, police were smart, they arrested all the hooligans before they could even start.

Matches I was able to see:

Brazil vs. Ghana (funny I got these thinking US would be here lol)
brazil vs. France (see above, I played it smart, if US wasn't gonna be there atleast I would have some nice Brazillain eye candy . . . oh man, I never seen so many beautiful women so upset, like a death in the family or sumthin, was nutz.
France vs. Italy

LOL, this guy wanted 5000 euros for 4 2nd tier (not even the best tickets, 2nd best) tickets for the Germany vs. Italy semi-final. I couldn't go.

My view of the final game . . I'm a tell u like this, I saw live when Zidane headbutted dude, lol I think I was maybe the only person who saw it where I was sitting (sitting? yea right, I don't think I sat one time during the games I attended), iono I always look at off the ball plays for some reason, but I got up and was jumpin up and down at what i just seen while people still singing not knowing what goin on, all of a sudden, ref gives Zidane the red, and French people goin crazy, I was hype that I saw it live, but more amazed how hard of a shot it was on replay, he knocked him out. I thought France was gonna win for sure, I mean Italy was completely out of gas in the final, and Zidane just ruined whatever chance they had to win, was a crazy way to go out. Italian fans goin nutz everywhere man, I can barely talk right now still, its by far the greatest experience anybody can have and I definetly will be in South Africa come 2010 (or if they cant handle it, Germany again or hopefully stay home and watch it here, doesn't matter).

BTW: The TV coverage was interesting to me . . lol . . over here u had Balboa and Wynalda and guys calling the game and trying to explain every little detail of soccer . . man on German TV, they have one guy who u don't even see at the beginning, they show u a photo and he talks maybe one sentence every 3 minutes, the fans are so knowledgeable its crazy . . I mean there are no John Maddens, Hubie Browns over there, felt kinda good to be around people who actually watched soccer and really enjoyed it, hard to find a crowd in the STates.

Sounds like a Great experience. I hope you took pix for us to see :)

Awesome story Kdawg. It would've been awesome to go to see Brazil.......and brazilian women. My two passions.

finsmx said:
Not WC related but check out this goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNAQ8oHr1hQ&search=Tigres%20Uanl

This is Walter Gaitan, he plays for "Tigres" (my favorite team) here in Monterrey :D

**I just thought it was a cool goal and wanted to share it with you guys**

Yeah, that's cool. I think EURO 2004 also had almost exactly that kind of goal by Denmark if I remember correctly??.. Well, my memory isn't perfect, but that's what I remember. Maybe someone else remembers it too.

ckb2001 said:
Yeah, that's cool. I think EURO 2004 also had almost exactly that kind of goal by Denmark if I remember correctly??.. Well, my memory isn't perfect, but that's what I remember. Maybe someone else remembers it too.

:hmmm:

I really didn't remember about it, so I went to youtube again :lol: and found the top 10 goals from that Euro Cup (really nice goals) but there wasn't any similar goals by Denmark, only the one by Tomasson(4th) but that one was a lot closer

Linky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WOYj8IuyM&search=euro%202004%20goals

finsmx said:
:hmmm:

I really didn't remember about it, so I went to youtube again :lol: and found the top 10 goals from that Euro Cup (really nice goals) but there wasn't any similar goals by Denmark, only the one by Tomasson(4th) but that one was a lot closer

Linky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WOYj8IuyM&search=euro%202004%20goals

Hmmm, well like I said my memory isn't perfect, but I do remember a goal by Denmark from about midfield. Whether this was in EURO 2004 or not may be the part I'm getting wrong. Anyway, if I can't find evidence, then... well... forget it :lol: since this has to be backed up by some evidence somewhere.

However, if you're looking for a goal scored from far away, I remember another one that was from even further out (this one I know for sure since it wasn't that long ago). The goal Cherundolo scored in our 4-1 defeat to Germany was scored from 75 yards out.

I can't find it on youtube (lots can't be found there, though it's a great site), but here's a link to a description of it:
http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280835.html

QUOTE: "One of the lone highlights for the U.S. was a bizarre 75-yard goal by defender Steve Cherundolo in the 85th minute. After a Germany corner kick, Keller played the ball wide right to the Hannover 96 defender who took a few touches forward before driving a long ball over the top toward an onrushing Eddie Johnson. Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn came out to challenge Johnson for the ball, but it bounced past the leaping Kahn and settled into the back of the net after the two players collided at the top of the area."

This goal was so weird in that the forward, defender and goalkeeper all thought one of them would get it, but no one touched it, allowing it to just bounce in :sidelol:

Anyway, I'll do a search on that Denmark thing, but I'm not sure what will turn up (still, there IS a memory of something like that !!!!)

ckb2001 said:
Hmmm, well like I said my memory isn't perfect, but I do remember a goal by Denmark from about midfield. Whether this was in EURO 2004 or not may be the part I'm getting wrong. Anyway, if I can't find evidence, then... well... forget it :lol: since this has to be backed up by some evidence somewhere.

However, if you're looking for a goal scored from far away, I remember another one that was from even further out (this one I know for sure since it wasn't that long ago). The goal Cherundolo scored in our 4-1 defeat to Germany was scored from 75 yards out.

I can't find it on youtube (lots can't be found there, though it's a great site), but here's a link to a description of it:
http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280835.html

QUOTE: "One of the lone highlights for the U.S. was a bizarre 75-yard goal by defender Steve Cherundolo in the 85th minute. After a Germany corner kick, Keller played the ball wide right to the Hannover 96 defender who took a few touches forward before driving a long ball over the top toward an onrushing Eddie Johnson. Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn came out to challenge Johnson for the ball, but it bounced past the leaping Kahn and settled into the back of the net after the two players collided at the top of the area."

This goal was so weird in that the forward, defender and goalkeeper all thought one of them would get it, but no one touched it, allowing it to just bounce in :sidelol:

Anyway, I'll do a search on that Denmark thing, but I'm not sure what will turn up (still, there IS a memory of something like that !!!!)

I remember that goal. Keep looking for a video of it. I'd love to see it again.

Quelonio said:
Now I'm posting this one because I had never ever been able to see it, and now that I did, I am a fan of You Tube for having it... i always thought it was a urban legend, but nope, it actually existed..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2boZyGgHmnA&search=higuita%20escorpion

WTF!?!? Is that REAL? Holy crap, that was crazy. If he missed that, man he would've looked stupid.....that is, stupider than a goal keeper with a lions mane.

HysterikiLL said:
WTF!?!? Is that REAL? Holy crap, that was crazy. If he missed that, man he would've looked stupid.....that is, stupider than a goal keeper with a lions mane.

I think he missed it once if I remember correctly :hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom