Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

Prime Time said:
Sounds like a Great experience. I hope you took pix for us to see :)

lol was amazing man, u had to have been there, U.S. not there was the only downer but was still great. yea I had the camcorder with the digital camera combo . . I recorded mainly on film, but pretty much of the family I have over there, nothing much around the stadiums for the simple fact I don't have the will to carry that thing all day and into the night and into the morning knowing I'm gonna get stone drunk in the process, made no sense for me. My cuz over there had a small digital, waiting for him to send me the pics. I got some film from the town my family is from called Burgsinn (outside of Wurzburg) after Germany defeated Argentina (was crazy, got drunk as hell, threw up for hours the next morning and we made it over to Frankfurt, about a hour and a half away, the next day to watch the Brazil-France game), and some Tour de France film I will upload when I get a chance.

Quelonio said:
Now I'm posting this one because I had never ever been able to see it, and now that I did, I am a fan of You Tube for having it... i always thought it was a urban legend, but nope, it actually existed..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2boZyGgHmnA&search=higuita escorpion

I knew about this. I always thought it took balls because had he missed, he would be in Soccer Bloopers for generations and generations.

About the higuita's scorpion, that was awesome, and actually, the FW Victor Aristizabal, scored a goal with the scorpion too. You should see that!!

But in a recent interview in a national channel Higuita said that he haven't done it if he didn't knew the play was already stopped by an offside. So he is not that irresponsble after all, lol.

Btw, he IS in the soccer bloopers for generations and generations, for this play: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhWMxgaqnkc&search=higuita
It was in the italy 90 world cup, he lost the ball against Roger Milla and cost us the elimination.

Well it doesn't matter, "El Loco" (the crazy) is the best goalkeeper/showman of all time!!!

JuanchoColombia said:
About the higuita's scorpion, that was awesome, and actually, the FW Victor Aristizabal, scored a goal with the scorpion too. You should see that!!

But in a recent interview in a national channel Higuita said that he haven't done it if he didn't knew the play was already stopped by an offside. So he is not that irresponsble after all, lol.

Btw, he IS in the soccer bloopers for generations and generations, for this play: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhWMxgaqnkc&search=higuita
It was in the italy 90 world cup, he lost the ball against Roger Milla and cost us the elimination.

Well it doesn't matter, "El Loco" (the crazy) is the best goalkeeper/showman of all time!!!

I have really bad memories of him at veracruz. and i mean really really bad memories.

JuanchoColombia said:

Wow I woulda been real pisst watching that and being a Columbian fan . . suprised they didn't do him like the guy who scored the own goal against the U.S. in 94.

Kdawg954 said:
Wow I woulda been real pisst watching that and being a Columbian fan . . suprised they didn't do him like the guy who scored the own goal against the U.S. in 94.

It's ironic that guy was named Pablo Escobar - the same name as the infamous drug kingpin.

ckb2001 said:
It's ironic that guy was named Pablo Escobar - the same name as the infamous drug kingpin.

That would be ironic...if it were true. The deceased's name was actually Andres Escobar.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, it would be a coincidence, not irony. Irony is the opposite of what you expect. The original Pablo Escobar getting killed was hardly ironic. Another guy named Pablo Escobar getting killed wouldn't necessarily be either expected or unexpected, particularly in a place like Colombia, which is about as violent as the average Quentin Tarantino movie.

Wow, I'm a nerd.

Back
Top Bottom