Merged: TO Threads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TO Threads

Phinfan31 said:
I know there has been threads like this but none that I can find on the first couple pages. Lets really analyze this...is it posssible? I thought it was impossible...but Saban did bring back Ricky Williams did he not? He wasnt just a headcase...he straight up left his team, fans, etc. He was hated by most of us and Saban STILL brought him back. Look at Ricky now...hes making absolutely no $ and yet he is working harder than ever. He did a complete 180 and now look at the guy. Can Saban do this with T.O.?? Do you think he would consider it worth a shot? We could trade away our bad history for one of the best WR's in the NFL. Moss had some of the same problems at the end of the season last year and he hasnt had ANY with Oakland. I'm sure Linehan/Saban have a ***** of a time working both Ricky/Ronnie in the gameplan...there have been too many problems at the WR position this season and it needs addressing at some point. Eagles need a #1 RB and Ricky would be a PERFECT fit for their team. I'm sure T.O. would LOVE a beach house in Miami. Can it work??

Don't get me wrong, TO is a great player, I think he is by far the best WR in the NFL, but his problems and Rickys are completely different. Ricky abandoned us because at the time he planned on never playing again, and he never publicly bashed us or questioned us etc etc. TO basically abandoned BOTH his teams (49ers and Eagles) by alienating himself through his words and actions, drawing all atention to himself and not the team aspect. PLus, he ALWAYS calls out his team and coaches in the media, and now the story about the locker room fight, cuz he took criticism? IDK, I love a player with the passion and "fire in their eyes" but not one that is going to start a fist fight in the locker room and call out anyone else just because negative things were said, after all, isn't that what he does to his teamates and coaches in the media, say negative things? Should they all run and get their sneakers to swing on him? BTW, Randy Moss does have problems in Oakland, they just aren't as public as in Minn, or as TO. I was just watching the halftime show of one of the games Sunday and they were talking about how Randy is complaining he doesn't get the ball enough and started to "become a disturbance on the sidelines". If TO can come in and play without bringing all the drama I will welcome him with open arms, if he is going to run to the media and bash Saban and his staff and players then no, don't bring him here.

Dolphin Dan said:
So, using that logic, if we did not have to overpay for him why not take a chance? i agree he is a bad apple and not a guy i want to root for, but think of what we said about ricky last year? To will eventually check his ego, why not for us? Again not for a HUGe contract and not aquired in trade. just a thought, don't kill me.

The Eagles thought the same way... look where it got them

Dolphin Dan said:
First let me say i do not want to trade Ricky. Not for TO, Not for anyone. Ricky is too good. But..... TO will be a free agent. We all say on here repeadedly that Chambers is a # 2 WR. So, using that logic, if we did not have to overpay for him why not take a chance? i agree he is a bad apple and not a guy i want to root for, but think of what we said about ricky last year? To will eventually check his ego, why not for us? Again not for a HUGe contract and not aquired in trade. just a thought, don't kill me.

What has TO done in his entire career to lead you to believe he will check his ego? His ego has continued to grow and grow. He's not going to come cheap to whatever team is unlucky enough to sign him. He just signed a 7 year $49 million contract and that wasn't enough.

He is just not that type of player you need in your locker room. Every chance he gets, he throws a teammate or his organization under a bus. He did it to SF, did it to Baltimore, now he's doing the same thing to the Eagles. As the saying goes...a leopard never changes it's spots.

CsonkaClone said:
Then you could buy Madden 2006 and really make it happen! :D

LOL!

Seems like half the cats on this board are making things happen in Madden and posting about it. Zach Thomas for SS anyone?
Once in Madden a few of my CBs were hurt and Travis Minor came in to play CB. I'm gonna go make a Minor for CB thread RIGHT NOW :lol:

T.O. is a cancer that spreads from one team to another, and it's all about him. For all I care let him have a job next, would you like paper or plastic ma'am! He needs to be knocked back down to earth, and off his pedistal. He thinks that he is bigger than his team mates, and the NFL. Heck no to T.O.! H has talked trash about the 49'ers, the Ravens, and the Eagles, who is the next chump team on the list?

Phinfan31 said:
I know there has been threads like this but none that I can find on the first couple pages. Lets really analyze this...is it posssible? I thought it was impossible...but Saban did bring back Ricky Williams did he not? He wasnt just a headcase...he straight up left his team, fans, etc. He was hated by most of us and Saban STILL brought him back. Look at Ricky now...hes making absolutely no $ and yet he is working harder than ever. He did a complete 180 and now look at the guy. Can Saban do this with T.O.?? Do you think he would consider it worth a shot? We could trade away our bad history for one of the best WR's in the NFL. Moss had some of the same problems at the end of the season last year and he hasnt had ANY with Oakland. I'm sure Linehan/Saban have a ***** of a time working both Ricky/Ronnie in the gameplan...there have been too many problems at the WR position this season and it needs addressing at some point. Eagles need a #1 RB and Ricky would be a PERFECT fit for their team. I'm sure T.O. would LOVE a beach house in Miami. Can it work??
nice thought buddy, but please put the bong down!

TO for Ricky? :lol:

No way. The R&R running game is just developing and it looks promising. I would like to see Miami keep Ricky in the backfield with Ronnie for awhile. I think it makes them both better.

AquaInferno said:
LOL!

Seems like half the cats on this board are making things happen in Madden and posting about it. Zach Thomas for SS anyone?
Once in Madden a few of my CBs were hurt and Travis Minor came in to play CB. I'm gonna go make a Minor for CB thread RIGHT NOW :lol:

DONNIE JONES FOR QB! lol. Or we could trade Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas for the #1 overall pick and draft matt leinart and got 16-0 and get a first round bye and home field advantage and win the SB and have Ronnie rush for 280yds and Leinart throw for 9 TDs, just like in Madden!

Personally I hope the League makes an example of Owens. Not just for the NFL. But the entire sports world. The NFL is the ultimate team sport. TO would not have his "numbers" if alot of other factors weren't working in his favour. Not to take away from the incredible talent he is.... But to understand there are alot of things that have to be executed so he gets the opportunity to shine. He's forgotten that. Jerry Rice never did. The Hall of Fame is littered with phenominal players who understtod that philosophy. TO was on pace to reach The HOF...
Perhaps a year off might make him realize why some teams win the SB and players go to the HOF...

Agent51 said:
DONNIE JONES FOR QB! lol. Or we could trade Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas for the #1 overall pick and draft matt leinart and got 16-0 and get a first round bye and home field advantage and win the SB and have Ronnie rush for 280yds and Leinart throw for 9 TDs, just like in Madden!

Well if the Dolphins played anything like I do in Madden last year they woulda went undefeated, Feeley woulda have been the NFL's top passer, Lamar Gordon #4 or so in the NFL. And to cap all that off with a superbowl victory... Figure I'd share some Madden scenario since this is a bad thread about an even WORSE trade! Keep TO from Miami!

Phinfan31 said:

HELL NO!

TO is a ******* cancer to every team that he had played for and I don't want a punk *** on our team like him.

TO is a cancer, don't we have enough problesm already on this team to fix??????? JUST SAY NO 2 TO.

AZfinfan said:
Someone please tell me that this is a joke, someone please

lol its a joke... cause thats what im telling myself... :lol: or is it????it better be :yell:

T.O refused to play for the Ravens because of Boller. You think he'd like to play with Frerotte?
Until the Phins have the QB position settled it would be hard to attract a top flight WR.
I personally would like to see the Phins trade Chambers to the Eagles for a 2nd rd pick. If the Phins want T.O he will probably be cut and they can sign him for no compensation. However, I'm not keen on having this guy on our team. He's a divisive force and a very selfish player.

Since 56% of ESPN.com visitors would prefer someone who just can't shut his stupid trap over someone who commits crimes such as say.... oh, I dunno, spousal abuse while his wife is pregnant, I have this trade suggestion:

Randy McMichael for Terrell Owens. Give me T.O. over Randy any day of the week. And because there's no 'wife' in 'team.'

Back
Top Bottom