Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel

Thing is I don't view Graham to be stout at the point of attack against the run. That bothers me when we're talking about SOLB. I think he uses his speed to get guys off balance, then hands and leg base to push them around...and primarily victimizes them when they're going backward rather than forward. What will he do with those short arms when he's got to try and hook and/or bump a TE near the line (but not AT the line)...and what happens when he finds himself being drive blocked by an offensive tackle or a pretty big Tight End on a run play. Gotta answer those questions before I peg him for SOLB.

He COULD just be a fantastic WOLB with ridiculous athleticism and the ability to victimize anyone that's standing still or moving backward.

Really great thread, tons of information on guys that I wouldn't mind learning more about.

I'm not a fan of drafting a NT at 12. Gimme a ILB, FS, RB or WR. We definitely aren't as bad as OLB as we are at ILB.

You give me this draft

1. Earl Thomas
2. Brandon Spikes

I couldn't be mad with those first 2 picks.

Thing is I don't view Graham to be stout at the point of attack against the run. That bothers me when we're talking about SOLB. I think he uses his speed to get guys off balance and primarily victimizes them when they're going backward rather than forward. What will he do with those short arms when he's got to try and hook and/or bump a TE near the line (but not AT the line)...and what happens when he finds himself being drive blocked by an offensive tackle or a pretty big Tight End on a run play. Gotta answer those questions before I peg him for SOLB.

He COULD just be a fantastic WOLB with ridiculous athleticism and the ability to victimize anyone that's standing still or moving backward.

well i can tell you that i read where some teams are talking to him about playing the weakside...

if' he's a weakside player he has even more value imo as far as his draft slot...

i still see solb but i can see your points

Thing is I don't view Graham to be stout at the point of attack against the run. That bothers me when we're talking about SOLB. I think he uses his speed to get guys off balance and primarily victimizes them when they're going backward rather than forward. What will he do with those short arms when he's got to try and hook and/or bump a TE near the line (but not AT the line)...and what happens when he finds himself being drive blocked by an offensive tackle or a pretty big Tight End on a run play. Gotta answer those questions before I peg him for SOLB.

I like Graham, but I don't like his hand explosion or his ability to thrive with POA. I feel as if he was trying to bump a Tight End, especially one that is athletic, that will spell trouble. As a SOLB, Kellen Winslow and similar tight ends would have his WAYS with Graham when he is asked to bump. Imagine Graham trying to press Winslow and Winslow simply giving a step-back move off the line to release. Graham's short arms would be flailing and touch the air. I don't see Graham being a full-time start at SOLB. His energy and athletisiscm might prove me wrong, but I fully agree with that assessment that he can be a fantastic WOLB.

I love Graham; One of my ten favorite players in this draft. I wouldn't take him at 12 though. I think this draft is loaded with 3-4 Outside Linebackers like Graham, Paul-Pierre, Hughes, Lang, Selvie, Antonio Coleman, Jamie Kirlew, Dexter Davis, pp, etc. McClain, Dez, Earl Thomas, and CJ Spiller are rare players.

the question at wolb with graham is does he possess a large enough array of pass rush moves and does he have that first step explosiveness that imo an elite wolb needs to possess...

and can he close on the ball in a hurry...i'd say yes to this one

grahams style also for my eyes is more to go thru you rather than around you...

I wouldn't mind Mike Iupati at this point either. With him and Jake on the Left Slide, Grove in the Middle, Vernon and Smiley on the right Side and I believe we have the best line in NFL

Edit - 24hours from the last pick, so if three picks are taken over a 24 hour period, ie Denver, Miami & J'ville, then who ever is next up gets 24 hrs from the J'ville pick, ans so on & so forth.

It was good fun last year. Some interesting picks & some interesting reasons why.

Can we get this back to an original seperate thread please. Its become confusing with it merged with the other thread.

Really great thread, tons of information on guys that I wouldn't mind learning more about.

I'm not a fan of drafting a NT at 12. Gimme a ILB, FS, RB or WR. We definitely aren't as bad as OLB as we are at ILB.

You give me this draft

1. Earl Thomas
2. Brandon Spikes

I couldn't be mad with those first 2 picks.

Man, I think you're a bit high on Brandon Spikes. That's not me being a true Gator Hater, that's just how I view Brandon Spikes. I think we've seen his stock fall since that SEC title game. It'll be interesting to see how he's tested at the combine.

Back
Top Bottom