Merged: Upated Sunday Forecast /John Deere/Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Upated Sunday Forecast /John Deere/Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro

Forecast is getting worse people. This is as of this morning. Of particular concern to me is the wind. Mare doesn't have a habit of kicking well in wind, thereby giving our foe good field position.

Sunday
Snow and rain likely. Very windy. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Originally posted by njfinfan
Forecast is getting worse people. This is as of this morning. Of particular concern to me is the wind. Mare doesn't have a habit of kicking well in wind, thereby giving our foe good field position.

Sunday
Snow and rain likely. Very windy. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

I have to say that the weather will affect BOTH teams equally. IMHO who ever looses the coin toss will have the advantage of the wind at their back at end of the game....

GOOOO FIIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by MacAttack
Run-Ricky-Run!

It's true that the snow is an advantage to the running game, and contrary to what people around the southern tier think, the Pats don't have snow machines, and don't practice in the snow. The cold is the difference maker here. The ball becomes like a rock and your hands stop functioning like they need oiling or something. I'm sure most fins fans don't recall in '96 while the Pats were driving toward the superbowl, Sam Gash blew out his knee on a snowy field while trying to cut laterally. A big powerfull back like Ricky must be careful not to cut too hard on the snow, as it will give and then so do human joints!
Here's to a cold and injury free game!

All I know is right it is 7:30 in the morning and it's friggin COLD!!!!!

This is not good news..........we need below 30 and ALOT OF WIND. No Ice though.....we need traction to run the ball and cover those short routes.

Hey fins fans....start doing our snow dances.

SNOW and/of RAIN is considered to be an EQUALIZER in NFL games. Many times, in bad weather conditions, the playing field is leveled and the home field advantage is taken away.

IMO, if it is snowing DURING the game, the game now is equal, for both teams. If it is just cold, and the snow has been cleared away, but there is no precipitation, the home field advantage should remain intact.

That's my opinion and the opinion of many people who have followed the NFL for a long time.

BAD WEATHER DURING the game is the EQUALIZER

equalizer? Thats the problem, if we have alot of wind and bad passing conditions we blow your team out.

good weather makes our teams kind of even.

we are still much better than the pats, we just have to go prove it.

Originally posted by Section126
[B

we are still much better than the pats, we just have to go prove it. [/B]

That may be so, or it may NOT be so, but which team is 10-2 and which one is 8-4?

In my 44 years of watching NFL football I can't count how many times I have heard fans of LOSING teams say how much better they were than WINNING teams.

Only one stat counts, in the end WINS and LOSSES.

LOSING team?

So now we are a losing team?

were 8-4......we battered people to our 8 wins. You lucked out to 5 of your 10.

You really don't realize how lucky you are to be 10-2 and not 5-7.

The snow is EXPECTED to be done by 1pm Sunday. The field will be clean for the most part...except for the removed snow carefully tucked all around the Fins bench of course:)

I heard there will be a "High wind" advisory posted for Sunday afternoon/evening - sustained winds of 24mph, with gusts to 40mph.....nobody is going to go deep in that!

Has anyone heard if the Fins bumped up their travel plans to Friday? If not, they'll have a miserable day travelling tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom