Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble

retractable...??

I have never missed a game in years, and have watched the muddy mess that the field gets in the rainy weather, getting that baseball diamond off the feild would help when its football season, dirt+ rain= mud.....lol....

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Yeah, I think its rainy weather issues mostly, not so much heat,....Lightning, etc. I dont know, but hope its Hurricane rated.

I think the team should practice in all conditions to be ready, but if its raining for several days in a row, it would be nice to have the option to go inside for dry conditiions as well.

Mainly that... you dont want your players running on artificial turf more than they have to really kills them you get about 2 years shorter career with artificial turf

It will be used during the summer when its raining, also you can slip in an extra practice if you have 2 of them in the dome...just cause its cooler...

Also its great in the winter...you just crank the AC full blast so you can try and get your guys aclimated to the cold weather a little better....

reason

hey guys:

the reason they are building the dome is not really the heat factor so much as its the hurricanes, tropical storms, and the bad lightening storms we get in florida in the summer.

this past summer, there was a bad lightening storm and lightening actually struck the field and hit one of the guys who was filming on the tower.

theyre doing it for the safety of the players, staff, etc. it makes perfect sense.

The Broncos have had a state of the art practice bubble for years....Wayne should have had one long ago.

Roman529 said:
The Broncos have had a state of the art practice bubble for years....Wayne should have had one long ago.

But remember, this organization was a joke for the past few years... :)

Agua said:
Do that in the winter time. Turn AC down to 40 and practice in it exclusively, in shorts and shells.

Forget that -- they should go for no less than snow and wind machines. :D

Jimmy James said:
Forget that -- they should go for no less than snow and wind machines. :D

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. :up:

Agua said:
Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. :up:

I agree. When they say state of the art, I'm sure they mean it. Wayne has the deep pockets for this sort of thing.

mellovesthefins said:
hey guys:

the reason they are building the dome is not really the heat factor so much as its the hurricanes, tropical storms, and the bad lightening storms we get in florida in the summer.

this past summer, there was a bad lightening storm and lightening actually struck the field and hit one of the guys who was filming on the tower.

theyre doing it for the safety of the players, staff, etc. it makes perfect sense.

Exactly.

clear.gif

clear.gif

duss12 said:
Mainly that... you dont want your players running on artificial turf more than they have to really kills them you get about 2 years shorter career with artificial turf

I don't really think that many teams even have artificial turf anymore. Most teams even with a dome, have some type of synthetic grass.

BALLS DEEP said:
I don't really think that many teams even have artificial turf anymore. Most teams even with a dome, have some type of synthetic grass.

wouldn't synthetic grass be the same as arificial grass.

mellovesthefins said:
hey guys:

I'd be interested to know how they can hurricane proof a dome. If I'm Huizenga, I'm thinking the thing will have to be re-built every few years.

Back
Top Bottom