Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble

I am about to learn more about these things. I am on the Trustee steering committee for a museum, it is a very unique structure being located on the beach for the last 130 years. Gilbert's Bar House of Refuge was completed March 10, 1876 and it has not been dry since. We are investigating such a structure to put over the whole site so that we may dry it out for proper painting and maintenance on a bi-annual or tri- annual basis. Our County Administrator will be presenting us with some numbers next month. Cool stuff.

This is an aerial pre-Francis and Jean. There was literally not a grain of sand in the same picture frame post hurricane. The ocean scoured every bit off the rocks, heaved and undermined the white block wall you see and breached the island north and south of this HOR. The wall is as we speak being replaced with a more substantial structure, better anchored and with out a fence on the top so it can accept the "dome" structure we are really talking about.

hv0923JPG-1.jpg

This too is pre Francis-Jeanne. Wilma's backside eyewall actually twisted the second story clockwise and they are opening it up for inspection in a couple of weeks.

gilbertsbar3-1.jpg

UCF_Dolfan said:
man...i usually leave for the hurricanes....rather alone work in them? that would suck, lol

Unfortunately Nick Saban doesn't feel like you do, on the TV special they did on him earlier he said he had planned to be at work all day during the hurricane and that they would be using generators... according to him the Hurricane moved earlier than expected and by the time he got up the hurricane was already there, he still wanted to go to the Dolphins facility but his wife threatened to call the cops on him if he did (might of been joking). Also I thought the whole reason they had leased that Rodeo field or whatever was so they could practice during these types of storms, if the bubble is susceptible to hurricanes, which according to weather people will be very bad for the next few years, why would the Dolphins invest in one?

Back
Top Bottom