Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble

BALLS DEEP said:
Well now Sparky, I do believe it would be. :lol:

Originally Posted by BALLS DEEP
I don't really think that many teams even have artificial turf anymore. Most teams even with a dome, have some type of synthetic grass.

then your statement made no sense, so what DID you mean?

cnc66 said:
then your statement made no sense, so what DID you mean?

Artificial turf is normaly a misnomer. It's the term placed on the "Green Concrete" that they place in domes in the pre-90's. The new grass is artificial in that it is not natural occuring grass. But, it is laid down like grass, feels like grass, and looks (even when you kneel down and look closely) like grass.

It's even better than grass in that you don't need to mow it.

The only two things you can't do with it are: leave stains on the uniforms or let Ricky smoke it.

BALLS DEEP said:
Artificial turf is normaly a misnomer. It's the term placed on the "Green Concrete" that they place in domes in the pre-90's. The new grass is artificial in that it is not natural occuring grass. But, it is laid down like grass, feels like grass, and looks (even when you kneel down and look closely) like grass.

It's even better than grass in that you don't need to mow it.

The only two things you can't do with it are: leave stains on the uniforms or let Ricky smoke it.

thanks, I went and checked it out, here is a site that seems to be the best in the line; http://www.fieldturf.com/ it is a cool site that has a lot of info.

Testimonials

Playing on rain soaked fields in southern Florida was interesting to say the least. If we had FieldTurf, the playing conditions in those games would have improved dramatically.

- Dan Marino

The problem with South Florida in the summer is not the rain. It's the lightening. Having this bubble will protect the players and coaches from lightening strikes... We lost a lot of practice and camp days last year due to lightening, not rain... Remember the coach on the lift video taping practice?

Dredd1050 said:
You kidding me? The way the NFL screws them, he better blast the AC so they can be ready to play the last game of the season in NE AGAIN!!!!

BTW we won that game

Practice Bubble

What the hell is a Practice bubble? Does anyone have a pic of the texans "Bubble"?

whats the over/under of when teams start calling us "bubble phins" like the boy in the bubble? but in all seriousness this sounds great, no more missed practices because of weather!

I found this article on NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/8890237

The team canceled practice Sept. 22 and players and staff were urged to leave town as Rita approached.

The Texans' practice bubble was deflated before the storm and doesn't appear to have been damaged.

I thought the whole reason to having this "bubble" was to be able to practice during hurricanes, if this is not the case, then why get the bubble?

Agua said:
Do that in the winter time. Turn AC down to 40 and practice in it exclusively, in shorts and shells.

Thats what I say!

man...i usually leave for the hurricanes....rather alone work in them? that would suck, lol

Back
Top Bottom