Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love?

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously guys... whats with the Quinn hard-on? There have been better looking qbs that have come out of college,with better arm strength and have been duds... this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy. We can grab a few players at 9 that can play now rather than 2-3 yrs down the line. This team needs an injection of youth and players who can have impacts early. L Brown,Jarret,Ginn,Gaines Adams etc.. hell I even like trading our second in a package to get back in to late rd 1 and grab buster davis for mlb. Sorry,quinns not on my radar. I felt better about rivers and cutler when they were coming out, maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

I had a really strong feeling about Rivers... not so much Cutler. I really like Brady Quinn. I like other players better, like Gaines Adams, Branch, CJ, and JThomas... but if all of those are gone, and they have pushed Quinn down to 9... I am down to take him. However, I wouldnt mind if we took Levi Brown or Landry either...

im not amazed with quinn either...i'd rather take a dwayne jarrett, teddy ginn or a lineman and stanton in the second round.

maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

Not sure why him coming from Notre Dame hurts his chance of being a good pro player.

just saying..our franchise qb is not coming form there but , judging from your sig you seem to think so.

ok during Quinn's entire career i was very hesitant on taking him. Never did anything to really impress me. But the more i think about it the better im feeling. If you look at his numbers they are solid for a guy who throws alot. I like that fact. He never did do too well in bowl games, but i believe that Nortre Dame doesnt have the top notch athletes on the field, YET. When Weis came thats when all the top notch guys stated coming and i believe now once you see his recruiting classes hitting the field they will be truely competitive. I guess all that jubberish was making excusses for Brady Quinn never winning the big game. Playing under Weis, a pro style offense, Brady Quinn will be ready to play very quickly and believe if put in the right system (like tom brady) he can be successful. I believe that if Brady Quinn is there Cam Cameron will jump all of him. He wants a young guy who can groom into his style and i believe if there Brady Quinn is ours.

But with that being said i think it will be along shot for him to be around when pick as i expect him to do well in his workout and believe that he will be an Oakland Raider or Cleveland Brown...

Quinn is pre-groomed, but before he was groomed he wasn't as special

we could get another guy later in the draft who is just as good, but didn't benefit from Weis and Notre Dame talent

guys like Stanton and Edwards

He also is Cameron's type of QB. Like Brees and Rivers, Quinn is a standard drop back pocket passer...

I see your point my man but I still cant agree. if you look at cutler and rivers play back in college,they had top notch competion and you can make a case for their athletes not being to great either (vany and ncs) and those guys looked like studs all the way, hell even lienert,whom I was not high on either was still a better qb and I could have made a case for us taking him if the chance had come. Quinn is just another pretty boy qb whos getting alot of hype, hes not our "marino" hes not our savior at that position. Quinns the bridesmaid not the bride. Someone else can have him.

Quinn is pre-groomed, but before he was groomed he wasn't as special

we could get another guy later in the draft who is just as good, but didn't benefit from Weis and Notre Dame talent

guys like Stanton and Edwards

Talent? How much talent did Notre Dame have? Besides Jeff Symargiaielaneishslsa... he didnt have anyone else of serious talent. ND blows...

I see your point my man but I still cant agree. if you look at cutler and rivers play back in college,they had top notch competion and you can make a case for their athletes not being to great either (vany and ncs) and those guys looked like studs all the way, hell even lienert,whom I was not high on either was still a better qb and I could have made a case for us taking him if the chance had come. Quinn is just another pretty boy qb whos getting alot of hype, hes not our "marino" hes not our savior at that position. Quinns the bridesmaid not the bride. Someone else can have him.

I never thought Cutler looked like a "stud"... just a raw QB with potential.

Rivers is great... I loved him coming out of college. I thought he was easily going to be the best QB in that draft...

But I have watched Quinn, and he has alot of the tools Cutler has... but is much more polished and acclimated to the NFL.

I'll tell you why Cutler looked like a stud... without looking at the roster he had at vandy.. who the heck were his WRs? who did he have to throw to at that hot bed of college football Vanderbilt? Quinn at least had by your own admission had that skhskhslhs guy. I agree quinn is polished but I dont see him getting better,think he peaked. He wont be a shuler or leaf but i dont see him being palmer or rivers type either.

Seriously guys... whats with the Quinn hard-on? There have been better looking qbs that have come out of college,with better arm strength and have been duds... this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy. We can grab a few players at 9 that can play now rather than 2-3 yrs down the line. This team needs an injection of youth and players who can have impacts early. L Brown,Jarret,Ginn,Gaines Adams etc.. hell I even like trading our second in a package to get back in to late rd 1 and grab buster davis for mlb. Sorry,quinns not on my radar. I felt better about rivers and cutler when they were coming out, maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

Arm strength isn't the sole factor in picking QB's. The Chargers learned it the hard way with Ryan Leaf. It's what the QB's got upstairs that makes the difference. And Brady Quinn is the most cerebral QB in this draft. He's not the most physically talented, but then again, neither is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (who is also a Weis protege). Quinn's adjusted to a pro style offense and a horrendous OL, meaning a transition to the pros is much easier even without considering Weis' comments that Quinn is a fast learner. I get the same feeling about Quinn as I did with Leinart, Cutler, and Rivers. And that's nice company to be with.

It seems like a golden era for 1st round top 20 picked QB's these past 3 years. You've got Rivers, Cutler, Leinart, Smith, Young, Roesthlisberger, Manning, heck even J.P. Losman is doing fine. It's about time we join that bandwagon before it passes us.

Arm strength isn't the sole factor in picking QB's. The Chargers learned it the hard way with Ryan Leaf. It's what the QB's got upstairs that makes the difference. And Brady Quinn is the most cerebral QB in this draft. He's not the most physically talented, but then again, neither is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (who is also a Weis protege). Quinn's adjusted to a pro style offense and a horrendous OL, meaning a transition to the pros is much easier even without considering Weis' comments that Quinn is a fast learner. I get the same feeling about Quinn as I did with Leinart, Cutler, and Rivers. And that's nice company to be with.

It seems like a golden era for 1st round top 20 picked QB's these past 3 years. You've got Rivers, Cutler, Leinart, Smith, Young, Roesthlisberger, Manning, heck even J.P. Losman is doing fine. It's about time we join that bandwagon before it passes us.

Brother , I'll put it this way... you know how some girls are pretty and others are sexy? well quinn is just pretty and me I'd take a sexy girl over a pretty one any day.

Back
Top Bottom