Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love?

Ok, I can understand criticisms of Quinn when they are actually logical, but I refuse to care about someone's opinion of Quinn if they want to trade back into the late first for Buster Davis(the LB) of all players.

dude,your killing me... its not that he cant come from ND its that HE (quinn) is not the guy. But if you really want to know, I guess Mirer,Powlus and that whole bunch did not get too good playing those tough Army games. So no, aside from Joe montana I cant remember the last ND qb to make it after him. let it go already... quinns not going to be the man down here.

I have no problem thinking he shouldnt be our pick, but why his school was the deciding factor was odd to me. And just because you say he wont be the man down here it suddenly becomes gospel and we all should think like you do?

dude,your killing me... its not that he cant come from ND its that HE (quinn) is not the guy. But if you really want to know, I guess Mirer,Powlus and that whole bunch did not get too good playing those tough Army games. So no, aside from Joe montana I cant remember the last ND qb to make it after him. let it go already... quinns not going to be the man down here.

He never said Quinn would be the man down here, he just thinks Quinn's talents and tangibles translate well to the NFL game. And most people who are good judges of talent think so too.

I have no problem thinking he shouldnt be our pick, but why his school was the deciding factor was odd to me. And just because you say he wont be the man down here it suddenly becomes gospel and we all should think like you do?

Jealous maybe?

How many good Penn State running backs were there in the NFL from recent memory prior to Larry Johnson? There were 3 highly drafted wash outs that I can think of. But guess what? That has zero determination with how well an individual player will be, everyone is different.

Darius Walker

Rhema McKnight

Dan Santucci

Ryan Harris

None of those players were overwhelmingly good. Quinn was far and away the best player on that team. I know ND is consistently overrated, but without Quinn they would have only been viewed as a top 25 team(not top 10), and that still would have been an overrated team.

I don't understand why everyone states Quinn suffered from a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Smarzidja and Mcknight made a fine pair of college receivers, and Darius Walker had back to back 1200 yard seasons. I do know that the offensive line wasn't great.

Here's the thing though...look at the teams ND played. It's not like Cutler, with his lack of talent, going up against LSU, UF, Tennessee, etc every week. ND was far more talented than all but three teams they played, those being Michigan, USC, and LSU.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...it doesn't matter how talented your team is as long as it is more talented than your opponents.

None of those players were overwhelmingly good. Quinn was far and away the best player on that team. I know ND is consistently overrated, but without Quinn they would have only been viewed as a top 25 team(not top 10), and that still would have been an overrated team.

my point was that they had much more talent that Michigan State and Stanford

its like herding cats

I don't understand why everyone states Quinn suffered from a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Smarzidja and Mcknight made a fine pair of college receivers, and Darius Walker had back to back 1200 yard seasons. I do know that the offensive line wasn't great.

Here's the thing though...look at the teams ND played. It's not like Cutler, with his lack of talent, going up against LSU, UF, Tennessee, etc every week. ND was far more talented than all but three teams they played, those being Michigan, USC, and LSU.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...it doesn't matter how talented your team is as long as it is more talented than your opponents.

finally another unbiased opinion

my point was that they had much more talent that Michigan State and Stanford

its like herding cats

So what if they had more talent?

Oklahoma had more talent than Boise State. That doesn't mean you always play up to your talent as a team, or that you have the better coached team.

I really don't understand the herding cats remark. :confused:

Weren't those the only 3 games they lost last year? :confused:

I'd say Quinn suffered more from OL struggles and a collapsing defense more than anything.

So what if they had more talent?

Oklahoma had more talent than Boise State. That doesn't mean you always play up to your talent as a team, or that you have the better coached team.

I really don't understand the herding cats remark. :confused:

I wasn't arguing with you, so don't try and understand

you might hurt yourself

Back
Top Bottom