Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love?

Weren't those the only 3 games they lost last year? :confused:

I'd say Quinn suffered more from OL struggles and a collapsing defense more than anything.

Yes, those were the only games they lost all year. So they weren't able to beat (or even compete with) a single team that was more talented than they were, only inferior teams. Going back to Jay Cutler, I watched him almost single-handedly take UF to overtime when his team was so overmatched it wasn't even funny.

Yes, those were the only games they lost all year. So they weren't able to beat (or even compete with) a single team that was more talented than they were, only inferior teams. Going back to Jay Cutler, I watched him almost single-handedly take UF to overtime when his team was so overmatched it wasn't even funny.

I saw Quinn do it last year against USC. Bad teams will take Vandy for granted, allowing them to sneak up on teams they have no business competing against. No team is going to take ND lightly even if they know they outmatch ND.

hey stitches, buster davis will be a good lb in the nfl. my comment was out of sarcasm not being real... i do think Buster will be there in late second,early 3rd and we should pick him up to have someone behind Zach.

As far as Quinn goes, my word is not all mighty. I have a strong opinion of the guy and dont think he'll be that good, if we are going to take a player that high at THE most important position in the nfl it shouldnt be Brady Quinn. You all can think whatever you want, its my opinion and right now to me the only one that matters. I hope we dont waste a top 10 pick on this guy is all. Damn you young fans are so sensitive.

What was the score of the UF-Vandy game? (Just curious, because I have no clue, and only got the pleasure of watching Cutler in 2 games)

It is just my opinion that the downfalls of ND in those 3 games were more a result of OL play and poor defense than anything Quinn could have done himself.

hey stitches, buster davis will be a good lb in the nfl. my comment was out of sarcasm not being real... ido think Buster will be there in late second,early 3rd and we shoudl pick him up to have someone behind Zach.

As far as Quinn goes, my word is not all mighty. I have a striong opinion of the guy and dont think he'll be that good, if we are going to take a player that high at THE most important position in the nfl it shouldnt be Brady Quinn. You all can think whatever you want, its my opinion and right now to me the only one that matters. I hope we dont waste a top 10 pick on this guy is all. Dam you young fans are so sensitive.

Ok, didn't know it was sarcasm. Some people are serious when they make similar comments. I don't thin davis will be anything more than like what Derrick Pope is in the NFL, but I hope your opinion of him is right. However, we don't need to draft a replacement for Zach, the replacement is Crowder. We really need to draft 2 OLBs (one current starter, and one to take over for Crowder once he shifts over).

What was the score of the UF-Vandy game? (Just curious, because I have no clue, and only got the pleasure of watching Cutler in 2 games)

It is just my opinion that the downfalls of ND in those 3 games were more a result of OL play and poor defense than anything Quinn could have done himself.

UF - Vandy game was 49-42 in double OT. And I'm definitely not blaming those 3 losses on Quinn, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if we are gonna make this "less talent" argument, then what did he do with it? He beat the teams that were worse than his, and lost to the teams that were better. It's not like he took this less talented team and scored upset wins over better ones.

Ok, didn't know it was sarcasm. Some people are serious when they make similar comments. I don't thin davis will be anything more than like what Derrick Pope is in the NFL, but I hope your opinion of him is right. However, we don't need to draft a replacement for Zach, the replacement is Crowder. We really need to draft 2 OLBs (one current starter, and one to take over for Crowder once he shifts over).

I agree Crowder should be able to slide in and play mlb but hes not doing a bad job as olb and i would hate to have a guy come in as a rookie(assuming we dont pick up a FA) and learn that position,its the old "if it aint broke..."

I have seen alot of fsu football ( miami fan) and like what buster has done there. He reminds me of a poor mans Vilma...seriously. I too hope I'm right on him , unless hes on another team,then I could care less. :D

UF - Vandy game was 49-42 in double OT. And I'm definitely not blaming those 3 losses on Quinn, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if we are gonna make this "less talent" argument, then what did he do with it? He beat the teams that were worse than his, and lost to the teams that were better. It's not like he took this less talented team and scored upset wins over better ones.

Ok, I get what you are saying now. :wink:

I saw Quinn do it last year against USC. Bad teams will take Vandy for granted, allowing them to sneak up on teams they have no business competing against. No team is going to take ND lightly even if they know they outmatch ND.

I think that is just a pretty poor way to diminish Cutler's accomplishments.

I agree, he did not make them that much better vs their top competition. He played well vs the teams he was supposed too and did nothing to special vs the teams that were a bit better.

Seriously guys... whats with the Quinn hard-on? There have been better looking qbs that have come out of college,with better arm strength and have been duds... this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy. We can grab a few players at 9 that can play now rather than 2-3 yrs down the line. This team needs an injection of youth and players who can have impacts early. L Brown,Jarret,Ginn,Gaines Adams etc.. hell I even like trading our second in a package to get back in to late rd 1 and grab buster davis for mlb. Sorry,quinns not on my radar. I felt better about rivers and cutler when they were coming out, maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

I guess you have never watched him play...

37 TD passes

7 INTS

3426 yards

62% completion

what else do you want?

Back
Top Bottom