Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love?

Talent? How much talent did Notre Dame have? Besides Jeff Symargiaielaneishslsa... he didnt have anyone else of serious talent. ND blows...

How was Notre Dame ranked in the top 5 in all the preseason polls with no talent? They had the coaching and a ton of talent to compete with the good teams, they got beat down by the good teams regardless. They might have been overrated in the preseason but to act as though they were devoid of talent is just an excuse to justify why they didnt win big games. I dont blame Quinn exclusively for them not winning big games, I think hes going to be a decent pro, I just dont see him lighting the league up and I think Culpepper is a way better pro than Quinn will ever be.

i think 1 thing that people seem to forget is that nd defense stunk and every time u look up quinn knew he had to score on almost possession so sometimes i think he forced things way 2 much..good thing for us all he is not bringging that sorry nd defense with him to the pros

What makes Quinn so much better than Edwards? What makes Quinn light years ahead of Jared Zabransky. Zabransky's stats are just as good as Quinn's and he is a way better athlete and scrambler. We could probably get Zabransky with a 6th or 7th.

Nothing, that's why scouts have one ranked among the top players in the draft and the other as a late pick. Clearly you know more than them.

just because you hate Notre Dame, doesn't invalidate my point

besides Samardzija they have 3 or 4 other offensive players who will be in the NFL next year

now tell me about the Michigan State and Stanford offensive players who will be drafted next year, this oughta be good

You talk as if these are all potential first rounders that he was playing with. Those guys arnt great... and wont go before the 3rd round at best...

BTW

putting words in someone's mouth is pathetic

:shakeno:

Let me add my two cents and hopefully won't get in the crossfire. Both sides seem to have their own points...Quinn hasn't beat powerhouse teams when it counted but on the flip side, it was basically up to Quinn to score everytime the defense let the team down. Ergo, Quinn has QB tools to bring a team back into a game. However, as to years past, imo, Quinn doesn't seem to have the tools as past QB's drafted but not saying he can't learn them. As for the people just looking at arm strength in a QB alone, it never works out. That's why teams drafted Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, and even Tim Couch (god was he horrible). That's why the Phins traded a 2nd round pick for AJ Feely because he has "arm strength". Don't be blinded by one or two things about a player because like someone said before, you'll probably get burned.

i think brady quinn would finally bring some talent to the franchise of despair...have the dolphins ever even had a decent QB?

like i said in my other thread quinn is the safe, wannstedt thing to do.

our team doesnt have losing seasons very often so the #9 pick is a rare chance to move up for a lot less than moving up from the 20+ spot. we need to move up and take russell.

its so sweet we take russell, daunte starts the season and if he cant g
get it done then we go with russell and in 2-3 years cam has russell playing like daunte in 04.

its perfect because daunte can teach russell how to throw 39 tds and they are the same style QB!

the difference between quinn and russell is like the difference between peyton manning and rick mirer.

I guess you have never watched him play...

37 TD passes

7 INTS

3426 yards

62% completion

what else do you want?
Alot of us forget that Quinn was just an average to pretty good QB before Weiss came along. I have no problem with drafting him though if Cam thinks he is the best fit for us or if Weiss joins our team as the OC. I am not saying that he wont be a good QB nor do I think that is what this thread is saying. I just dont understand why people are so sold on him versus a QB like Russel. I would have even considered choosing Brohm over Quinn if he had come out.

Alot of us forget that Quinn was just an average to pretty good QB before Weiss came along. I have no problem with drafting him though if Cam thinks he is the best fit for us or if Weiss joins our team as the OC. I am not saying that he wont be a good QB nor do I think that is what this thread is saying. I just dont understand why people are so sold on him versus a QB like Russel. I would have even considered choosing Brohm over Quinn if he had come out.

How good was Russel as a freshman or a sophmore?

There has been Ron Powlus, Rick Mirer, & Jarious Jackson... hardly a stellar track record.

Feidler & Feeley had better pro career than the 3 above.

Well, heck...if you're gonna go back 14 years to make a comparison, (and I can't believe nobody mentioned this in 7 pages), you dang well better bring someone else up with ND's track record of Quarterbacks. Now...I *HATE* Notre Dame, but, how about that Joe Montana guy? Heck, Joe Theismann? Daryle Lamonica?

Okay, Theismann's an idiot, but still - comparing Mirer, Powlus or Jackson to Quinn is as irrelevant as comparing Montana to him. Different coaches, different systems. If he's there at #9, we've GOT to grab him.

if we are seriously considering taking quinn at #9 then we need to move up and get russell.

qb's like quinn are available every draft, russell is a once every 5 years type of player.

Im with DonShula84 on this one. I know he's ND homer, but having said that, he has probably watched B Quinn more than anyone here. Quinn may not have that "wow" factor as someone mentioned earlier, but I do believe he can be a team leader who makes solid, smart decisions with the football, and thats the definition of a good QB. The NFL is ever changing but the QB position will always be the same - you need a good drop back passer. In fact the NFL has become quite "pass happy" over the past couple of years. Srambling is a plus when the situation arises, and its exciting from a fan point of view, but IMO a "M. Vick" will never lead his team to a SB.

Back
Top Bottom