Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here

This comes from nfl.com:

Pick Analysis:The Dolphins traded up to get Murphy. This is a good, solid pick at this point in the draft. He's versatile on the offensive line. Murphy is mature and has great size. In Miami, they are going to want to pound the ball and he is not only strong but tough, smart and can change direction. He could be in the league a long time.

Im weary of wasted picks.

Look at Parcell's past in drafting lineman.

Not very good.

Could have gotten him with one of our 6th or one of our 7ths.

He wouldn't have made it through this round. Didn't you watch the combine, they hyped the hell out of murphy........:spamkill:

BP is building this team from front to back...we're getting bigger up front like they said we would...we pretty much traded Booker for Murphy...a 190lb back for a 320lbs guard

Ozzy rules!!

Overall: Murphy went on a religious mission in Brazil from 2003-04. He enrolled and played one season at Dixie State CC in 2005. He transferred to Utah State in 2006 and went on to start in all 24 games for the Aggies as a junior and senior. A high school defensive end, Murphy played at left tackle in '06 before being moved to left guard in '07. He is the son of former Atlanta Braves outfielder Dale Murphy. Murphy played tackle at Utah State but projects as a guard in the NFL. He is a position-and-wall-off type blocker with good size and agility but marginal strength and toughness. Murphy has late-round value as a developmental project for teams willing to sacrifice power for agility.

Per ESPN.

Hope Parcells is right.

He's a Miami Dolphin now.........

Man, I really wanted the team to get Early Doucet. I just hope they do something to upgrade the WR corps, because Ginn and Wilford (I'm not even mentioning Hagan) just won't do it.

we have 4 picks left..I see us taking a RB,a corner,a LB and either a big DT or a WR

Ozzy rules!!

I give credit to BP and Jeff and Tony...they have a plan and their board and they're sticking with it...look at all the big players they've gotten...Starks,Ferguson,Torbor,Merling,Langford.Smily,Long and now Murphy.....they also loaded on good special team players and we have some competition in the secondary too.....they want to stop the run and rush the passer and they're working on that...they want to run the ball and they're working on it...even Henne is a pretty big QB

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom