Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread! | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread!

Do you want Moss on the Phins?

• Yes, via waivers or FA

Votes: 208 62.3%
  • Yes, only via waivers

Votes: 61 18.3%
  • Yes, only via FA

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
I don't know, he seems to me to be capable of sabotaging the Dolphins or Jets season if one of them sign him. His heart is definetely with the Patriots with the way that franchise has treated him throughout. I think the Moss and Childress issue had to do with Childress words about the "cheating Patriots".
Or, just call me crazy.

the question is : how is new england doing without moss ? ooooohhhh ..enough said :)

With the monstrosity that is "The Finsiders", I'd take the Bandits word over them.
By the way, in case you didn't know, Randy Moss is a spoiled brat. He will NOT play for a losing team...even though we're 4-3 I think that includes us. Any team that isn't contending, Moss will not play for. He won't show up to play, or if he does, he won't give any effort. I expect him to clear waivers and stay unsigned, with perhaps the Patriots sweeping in to pick him back up on a veteran minimum. Freakin' pirates.

No way that happens. Someone is bound to pick him up and it better be the Dolphins.

Why do we need Moss, we run on 3rd and 6. Or throw a five yd pattern when we need 7 yd for a first down.

I thought Leftwitch was Moss's QB. Was that after?

Leftwich came after Chad P but Moss was gone 2 years earlier when Leftwich took over. Chad's last year at Marshall was 1999, Leftwich took over in 2000 and Randy's last year was 1997.

Just because it shines doesn't make it gold.

No doubt, on talent alone, there are few (if ANY) WR in the NFL on Moss' level. Yes, the potential of Moss, Marshall and Bess would be high and offensively they'd have potential to be one of the most explosive teams in the AFC. Also, the Dolphins could get him for peanuts for the rest of the season.

HOWEVER, there's way too many red flags for my liking here.

With a young team, specifically on offense, do you really want Randy Moss in town potentially destroying the chemistry? The guy has openly admitted to playing "only when he wants to" and some of his efforts this season were outright embarrassing and you could tell he barely tried. On top of things, have you seen some of his antics this season? The embarrassing press conference he held while still in New England where he held a 15 minute rant about the organization and puffed himself? How about the one after the Viking game this weekend where he threw the entire organization under the bus? Do you really want him doing that crap here?

Two, sorry but when you're preparing to play on your third team in less than ten weeks, that's a huge red flag. You cut ties on a player that you picked up off the waiver wire for pennies to the dollar just a month after acquiring him, not a guy you gave up a draft pick in the first three rounds to acquire. There's a valid reason Minnesota decided to cut ties, and it sure wasn't solely because Brad Childress is a fool.

Three, he's a free agent to be at the end of the season, is going to command top dollar and is likely to call his own shots. It's very possible you could see him re-up in Miami, but again as I asked with Vincent Jackson-- do you really want to see this team invest two big contracts into the WR position?

I'm all in favor of improving the team, putting them in a better chance to win. However, there are far more variables to include in discussions when it comes to adding a player outside of talent alone, and Moss has way too many working against him for me to really feel comfortable signing him. Make no bones, if they do, I'll root for the guy and hope for the best, however I will be braced for the worst.

My opinion however is this may all be a moot point, as I see the Rams and Seahawks (both who have higher waive claim priority over the Dolphins) snatching him before Miami even has a chance. I also see the Redskins putting in a claim for him.

you cant double moss with marshall on the other side. you giving henne moss is like giving a freshman henne braylon edwards. the one thing this team is missing is a deep threat! moss would be the best number 2 in history. remember the last time moss was a number 2? 18 touchdowns, and the best offense ever! wait, thatt was before the 2007 patriots. MOSSED!

Moss was always the #1 WR in New England bud.

Just curious if all the people anti-Moss would rather see the Jets get him? We should claim him just to keep our division rivals from being able to.

If Moss can refuse any team that claims him (not sure if he has that right), then i expect him to be back with the Pats by Thursday. He will have to accept his role within the offense (mostly decoy & to drag the safety with him) for that to happen. I think he's seen the light.

Just curious if all the people anti-Moss would rather see the Jets get him? We should claim him just to keep our division rivals from being able to.

The Jets won't be in the position to get him with the waiver claims. St. Louis, Seattle and Washington all will be able to put in claims before then, and I'll be stunned if none of them do.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

He meant when Randy was with the vikings and was the #2 behind Cris Carter

Doh..

Reading comprehension usually is a strong strength of mine too :)

Sorry bud.

He'll be in the NFC West by the end of the week.

Hell no he is worse than a cancer at this point, he is AIDS. His performance on the field does not justify it either, the guy is a shell of himself and can only run one route, that is if he doesn't quit on it halfway.

cancer is worse than aids just saying

Back
Top Bottom