Merged X4: Richard Seymour Traded | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X4: Richard Seymour Traded

yeah, they got a hell of a deal. but am i the only one that's pumped about not having to deal with seymour anymore? i'd rather warren and green any day.

Patriots are certainly making a case to be the worst defense in the division... Just too bad Al Davis is a ****ing idiot and gave them a 1st round pick...

Just like his one time baseball counterpart Charley Finley who served as Steinbrenner's de facto farm system and championship-enabler, Old Al is reenacting this with Kraft and Belicheat.

Of course Seymour's not chopped liver, but he's still over the hill and will not make the difference for Oakland over the next couple of years.. so this boneheaded move is no where as egregious as most of The Crypt Keeper's.

Davis has always felt it was him against the league, stole $6MM in earnest money from the city of Irwindale, and still has the audacity to think he controls the LA market. It's looked to me like he's been exacting his paybacks for ancient real or imagined slights using Kraft as the beneficiary. I've long believed that in the best interest of the league and faithful Raiders fans and sponsors, The League, now Goodell, should step in to wrestle active management away from this spiteful, doddering foolish old jumpsuit wearer.

x6gd2h-1.jpg

Unfortunately, I think this was a great move by the Pats. Seymour isn't the dominant player he once was (due to injuries) and they in turn, get possibly a top 5 pick for him. I'd sign off on that deal any day of the week. Not to mention, you have to believe that BB wouldn't make that move if he didn't have someone waiting in the wings to pick up the slack.

Wow...the Patriots just ended Richard Seymour's career. You are never going to hear from him again. Glad he is out of the division.

I hope you guys aren't happy... Seymour was a very good player yes, but he's starting to age a little bit, and now the pats unload his salary and in return get a 1st rd pick from the worst franchise over the past 5 years in the raiders. The pats will end up picking in the top 5 of the draft and will either get their replacement for Brady or they'll trade out and get a ton of picks to only make their team deeper.

Seymour is not over the hill, he had 8 sacks last year and was the best player on the Pats D. 30 playing DE in a 3-4 is not over the hill. WHo are the Pats going to use to start now? Everytime he is out, their run D drops off considerably. For a 1st, yeah great pick for the draft but this year they better hope they are scoring lots cause they aren't stopping anybody.

yeah, they got a hell of a deal. but am i the only one that's pumped about not having to deal with seymour anymore? i'd rather warren and green any day.

No, you're not. For all the people saying what a stupid trade this is for the Raiders, all I care about is that Richard Seymour is out of the division now. That pick isn't for another 2 years... so I'll worry about it in 2 years. We won't have to deal with Seymour THIS YEAR, which is a good thing.

I hope you guys aren't happy... Seymour was a very good player yes, but he's starting to age a little bit, and now the pats unload his salary and in return get a 1st rd pick from the worst franchise over the past 5 years in the raiders. The pats will end up picking in the top 5 of the draft and will either get their replacement for Brady or they'll trade out and get a ton of picks to only make their team deeper.
By then, I think we will be elite.

Going on their boards, Pat fans don't seem happy.

They are now a significantly worse team in 2009 and 2010 for a 2011 first rounder.

Back
Top Bottom