MERGEDX2: Adam Schien on Sirius | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: Adam Schien on Sirius

I respect their opinions, but I don't agree with that. While I do believe that Henne is likely to be the long term QB they go with, I think Beck is going to play and likely play a lot this season. They are not just going to throw him aside because he isn't "their guy". If Beck plays well, I could see the new management changing their long term plans, but I don't think they are going to flat out deny him a shot.

If he doesn't play this year, it is because McCown or Henne legitimately beat him out.

I can't even say I respect their opinions.

I have little to zero respect for just about any "sports journalist" today.
They usually put little effort into getting to know the facts of any situation and you can tell that by all the nonsensicle drivel they put out.

There's absolutely nothing they could use to justify the statement they made.
Nothing. If all they've got is a rookie performance then that just proves my point again about how idiotic they all are.

8-8, mark it baby!

that would be a awful waste of a second round pick if beck does not develop

we have treated 2nd round picks like yesterday's newspapers anyway.
Aj Feeley one year on a team that was every bit as bad as last year's on offense and maybe our worst oline ever. Daunte signed injured and supposed to miss part of the season but oh well play him from day one because player's are making coache's decisions then cut him the next year to replace him with no better option for a draft pick.

The odds are that one of our second round qb's will possibly be viewed as a wasted 2nd round pick because they both cant start.

Sorry nub i got alot of respect for ya but your wrong. The fins will compete this year. The 3 year plan is to compete for the SUPERBOWL not to be competitive. It is never bad to have high expectations either. Either a team plays hard or they dont expectations dont mean shat. They also dont need to shake the "worst label" this is a totally different team.
I am by no means saying playoffs or that we should be expected to succeed but anyone that compares this team to lasts is not doing their homework.
We will have more than half of the 22 offensive and D starters, new this year from the start of last and possibly 18 if you include players who started but are in new postitions.
It may have came across wrong in my other post, but I was trying to point out that we won't be going from the league's worst team to one of the top 5 or 6 elite teams. I do think we will be competitive this year, but to expect playoffs maybe hoping for something a little unrealistic. When I said "in three seasons, Miami should be a strong contender" I meant more of being one of the top teams in the league and competing for a possible spot in the Super Bowl.

What I am trying to say is it is hard to put a team that is coming off a 1-15 season anywhere but #32 in the league at this point of the year. Yes, we made HUGE changes both in the front office and on the team itself. However, none of these changes have actually done anything on the field yet. I do think we will be greatly improved this upcoming season over what happened last year.

I honestly see this year producing between 6-8 wins. That is competitive, but not a contender. Year two they should make more strides and a 9-10 win season with a playoff berth could be reasonable. If everything goes well and to plan, I think Parcells/Ireland/Sparano want this team to go deep into the playoffs come the 2010 season.

Back
Top Bottom