MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

How do you figure you can put this to rest? All it says is that the players and the NFL don't know as of yet....that may be true....the NFL teams don't get notified until the week before the draft...one can assume the players in question would be notified shortly before that...perhaps a day or two....but one has to figure that many hands are involved in the testing, especially when your testing appx 350 players. Is it possible that a leak at the labs could happen...why not....if the Gov't has leaks...why not a lab?

As I said before...the truth will come out.

How do you figure you can put this to rest? All it says is that the players and the NFL don't know as of yet....that may be true....the NFL teams don't get notified until the week before the draft...one can assume the players in question would be notified shortly before that...perhaps a day or two....but one has to figure that many hands are involved in the testing, especially when your testing appx 350 players. Is it possible that a leak at the labs could happen...why not....if the Gov't has leaks...why not a lab?

As I said before...the truth will come out.
Thank you, like i said, nothing is proven that they arent guilty, it could of leeked, until they are proved right, i will not be put to rest.

Yes, thats the approach im taking on this, because why would it just be Cushing and Matthews names to come up. How come just them 2?

Here’s the entire e-mail that was sent to NFLDraftBible.com and forwarded to us:

“To the publishers of NFL Draft Bible, I am following up on my earlier correspondence to you today regarding your false and defamatory report that Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine. As I mentioned, neither Clay nor this office has been notified by the NFL or Dr. John Lombardo, the Independent Administrator of its Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances, that Clay tested positive for steroids or any other banned substance. Moreover, Clay has since spoken with Dr. Lombardo who likewise confirmed that Clay did not test positive for steroids at the Combine. Last, and certainly not least, the NFL has not disclosed the names of any Draft-eligible players who may have tested positive under the policy for a banned substance to any NFL club. Indeed, the NFL issued the following statement on the matter:

“Neither the 32 clubs nor the league office know the results of drug or steroid tests taken at the 2009 Combine. The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players and only those players who tested positive at the Combine. Unfortunately, rumors about draft eligible players, including rumors about test results, begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons and they are terribly unfair to the players and their families.”

“Given these facts, I hereby demand that you immediately remove the story regarding the false results of Clay’s steroid test from your website and that you post a retraction clearing Clay of this grossly irresponsible and unfair accusation.

“Sincerely, Mark Humenik Vice President & General Counsel”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Look guys obviously there is a little bit of truth to every rumor and while Clay Matthews agent has dont everything to debunk this rumor the agent for Cushing has not said anything, yet. The agent for Percy Harvin has also not come out and neglected the rumors and about 25 names could emerge this year for failed test.

At a time when plenty of attention is being paid to reports regarding a handful of players who supposedly tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the Scouting Combine, a league source tells us that some teams are bracing for an extremely large number of positive tests to appear on the final list that the teams soon will receive.

The source speculated that the number of names could be as high as 25.

The reason for the feared spike in positive tests isn’t known. The source predicts that most of the positive tests will arise from marijuana use.

And the source explained that the teams generally don’t care if a guy smokes pot. They only care if the player could end up being suspended, since that’s the kind of thing that can get the folks who draft or sign such players fired.

Indeed, the source estimated that half of the players on the source’s team smoke pot

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Look guys obviously there is a little bit of truth to every rumor and while Clay Matthews agent has dont everything to debunk this rumor the agent for Cushing has not said anything, yet. The agent for Percy Harvin has also not come out and neglected the rumors and about 25 names could emerge this year for failed test.

Tom Condon has come out and denied the report on Cushing, albeit not as strong as Mathews agent. If nothing else, if you are a fan of NFLDRAFTBIBLE, you will soon be missing them. I have a feeling that they will not be around too much longer. Either the NFL will send them notification to stop using their name or they will get sued for defamation of character by the players that were named on their website or both.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/03/condon-refutes-report-regarding-cushing/

Tom Condon has come out and denied the report on Cushing, albeit not as strong as Mathews agent. If nothing else, if you are a fan of NFLDRAFTBIBLE, you will soon be missing them. I have a feeling that they will not be around too much longer. Either the NFL will send them notification to stop using their name or they will get sued for defamation of character by the players that were named on their website or both.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/03/condon-refutes-report-regarding-cushing/

From what I've seen of that site, it won't be any great loss.

First the NFL wouldn't do that...they are the NFL...Not the NFLDraftbible....they don't own the .com name.

Second...if you take the time the read the news wire released by NFLDraftbible;

"USC LB’s Brian Cushing & Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team."

You will see it states..."that various sources ALONG with a NFL team" produced this information.

The ONLY way you can sue is IF you can prove that NFLDraftbible....knew this info was wrong...and they still posted it....and even then it's a up hill battle. The NFL will be spending it's time trying to find out who or what were the sources...which NFL team...etc.

Here's another example of a "source";

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html

Who was the source for this story....especially when the reports to the teams haven't been released yet?

Was the agent for the player the source? How about the NFL? Perhaps the lab or doctors?

Why isn't S.I. in trouble? Because they are not.

Guilty until proven innocent huh?

Why not? This isn't a court of law. There is no presumption of innocence required for one to form an opinion. For instance, if a report surfaced that Ricky had tested positive for pot again, I'd be inclined to believe it, whereas if that same report and source surfaced about, say....Zach Thomas, I'd be inclined not to believe it. Other people could feel differently, and, they'd be ok feeling that way too.

First the NFL wouldn't do that...they are the NFL...Not the NFLDraftbible....they don't own the .com name.

Second...if you take the time the read the news wire released by NFLDraftbible;

"USC LB’s Brian Cushing & Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team."

You will see it states..."that various sources ALONG with a NFL team" produced this information.

The ONLY way you can sue is IF you can prove that NFLDraftbible....knew this info was wrong...and they still posted it....and even then it's a up hill battle. The NFL will be spending it's time trying to find out who or what were the sources...which NFL team...etc.

Here's another example of a "source";

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html

Who was the source for this story....especially when the reports to the teams haven't been released yet?

Was the agent for the player the source? How about the NFL? Perhaps the lab or doctors?

Why isn't S.I. in trouble? Because they are not.

I agree on most of your post, but, it is very likely the NFL could win for copywrite infringement in court. WWE used to be WWF (Wrestling) but got sued by the World Wildlife Fund...The WWE lost, even though it's ludicrous to think that the WWF was damaging them in any way.

You just never know about these things and which way a court will find.

Why not? This isn't a court of law. There is no presumption of innocence required for one to form an opinion. For instance, if a report surfaced that Ricky had tested positive for pot again, I'd be inclined to believe it, whereas if that same report and source surfaced about, say....Zach Thomas, I'd be inclined not to believe it. Other people could feel differently, and, they'd be ok feeling that way too.

I can see the reasoning in that. However, neither Cush or Clay have tested positive for steroids before. All we have is some people saying they can just tell they're juicing because of their physiques. I've seen enough natural bodybuilders to know that it is possible to get a physique like either of them have without steroids. So, for my personal point of view, until either of them does actually test positive, reported and confirmed by reliable sources, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Everyone who has said Cushing and Matthews juice have said because of pictures. If im not mistaken on this very thread someone said Clay and Brian juiced cause the proof was in pictures. That is the most retared thing I have ever heard.

You guys ever heard of supplements to get strong. Ronnie is a supplement addict, just like Cushing. Matthews does not look like a juice at all, but some will disagree. I think we could put the story on both players to rest.

How about we talk of how Harvin & Martinez agents have not gone out of their ways to debunk the rumor or nor have they been reported to sent letters, yet. I said to every story there was some truth, Marinez and Harvin could be it.

There for if some of the story is true they only need to remove Cushing, Matthews and
Davis. Harvin, Raji and Martinez could remain and no league actions would be taken.

I can see the reasoning in that. However, neither Cush or Clay have tested positive for steroids before. All we have is some people saying they can just tell they're juicing because of their physiques. I've seen enough natural bodybuilders to know that it is possible to get a physique like either of them have without steroids. So, for my personal point of view, until either of them does actually test positive, reported and confirmed by reliable sources, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

And that's fine. I tend to believe these things when they pop up, because I'm reasonably certain alot more is going on that what gets reported or caught. I'm sure they could be clean....Time will tell.

I agree on most of your post, but, it is very likely the NFL could win for copywrite infringement in court. WWE used to be WWF (Wrestling) but got sued by the World Wildlife Fund...The WWE lost, even though it's ludicrous to think that the WWF was damaging them in any way.

You just never know about these things and which way a court will find.

If the NFLDraftbible was using JUST the same name as the NFL...I'd agree with you....but they are not. Just think how many websites include just these three letters...NFL....But also have added words.

Andre Smith is not looking so bad now is he?? At least you know he can play but IF these stories are true--how good are these players without the use of roids??

Andre Smith looks worse IMO. If the reports are true that they juiced, at least they are trying to get better. (No, I don't believe in cheating) But, Andre Smith still looks like a lazy fat slob who doesn't want to play and is in it just for the money. In other words ... NO HEART.

Back
Top Bottom