MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

Apparently the stories aren't true but I'm still weary of drafting them. I wouldn't gamble on something like that in the first round. I'm sure there will be other players with the same grade at the pick.

This is exactly what happens when false story like this get out. While I have always been suspicious of Cushing using roids I have never thought Matthews uses them. This little rumor will affect both these guys even if they are not true. Cushing had been sliding down as of late and Matthews instead of sky rocketing like he was will probably remain where he was before. It really sucks people are so irresponsible to do this type of stuff.

All these thing does is turn people off and not want to draft the kids. Especially if it is true cause they start their careers with a violation and a 4 games suspencion.

they wont get a violention or suspension, until proven guilty, if Goodell sees they are PROVEN guilty, they will be suspened, i think Goodell is smarter then to suspend someone based off rumors, although i dont think these are rumors about Cushing or Matthews (Cushing based of pictures, Matthews based off 160 pound walk on to 240 monster)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

My source is legit and this reports are BS about Matthews using steroids. According to my source Clay is willing to test again and his father is furius at the allegations. Incredible what some teams will do to see guys dropped. This false rumor could cause Clay alot of money.

Nice Fin. It still doesn't mean that it is true or false at this point. But, at this time I would be more inclined to doubt the report based on reading that information. The actual results will clear it all up one way or another....

they wont get a violention or suspension, until proven guilty, if Goodell sees they are PROVEN guilty, they will be suspened, i think Goodell is smarter then to suspend someone based off rumors, although i dont think these are rumors about Cushing or Matthews (Cushing based of pictures, Matthews based off 160 pound walk on to 240 monster)

I meant if they were guilty they would start their careers like that.A guy like Castillo from the Chargers was caught with steriods and has had a pretty good career and has never been caught again.

This is exactly what happens when false story like this get out. While I have always been suspicious of Cushing using roids I have never thought Matthews uses them. This little rumor will affect both these guys even if they are not true. Cushing had been sliding down as of late and Matthews instead of sky rocketing like he was will probably remain where he was before. It really sucks people are so irresponsible to do this type of stuff.

All these thing does is turn people off and not want to draft the kids. Especially if it is true cause they start their careers with a violation and a 4 games suspencion.
I get where your coming from, but im not gonna get upset that he will only make 1 million a year instead of 2 to 3 million a year for playing a childs game.

USC coach Pete Carroll has denounced a report from NFL Draft Bible, a Web site which claims that Matthews and Cushing tested positive for steroids at the NFL scouting combine.

Carroll’s denial follows Matthews’ agent refuting the report earlier today when he released an e-mail to us that he sent to NFL Draft Bible where he advised them to “govern themselves accordingly.”

Posting on the official USC football blog, Carroll was emphatic in shooting down the report.

“These rumors are absolutely false,” said Carroll, adding that the NFL testing service informed him that both players didn’t test positive. “If they were found positive, Clay and Cush would have been notified three weeks ago, which they weren’t, and all of the NFL teams would have been notified too, which they weren’t.

“They’re both men of outstanding character and they never tested positive for anything here. This is an [sic] major example of irresponsible reporting, and the site that published this report should be ashamed of themselves.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Of course Pete Carroll is gonna deny it, if he says they do, whats that say about the USC program. I always felt USC and the Patriots had a cheating resemblence

Well according to my sources the Site is getting serious heat from Athlete First and the NFL. Another staement is expected to come out, so keep thight as soon as I get it I will inform you guys.

The NFL has released a statement emphasizing that none of the 32 teams has or even the league office have been informed of the drug test results from the Combine.
"The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players and only those players who tested positive at the Combine. Unfortunately, rumors about draft eligible players ... begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons and they are terribly unfair to the players and their families.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

As promised, we can put a rest to this.

OK, now that it has been disproved ... looking at the 3 players involved in this latest rumor ... Cushing, Matthews and Davis .... I gotta ask. Did we plant this rumor? I mean really, those have to be 3 of our top hopefuls to drop to 25, and if there was one other that I'd really be wondering about it would be BJ Raji, who is rumored to have tested positive for weed ... so I wouldn't put it past Parcells & Co. to plant this stuff.

I mean, I'm not sure if many of you remember it ... but there was a last minute unverified rumor in 1983 that caused a great QB to drop. It was of a rumored cocaine habit that turned out to be false, but it broke so late that teams steered clear of him ... until he was drafted by Don Shula and the great Miami Dolphins in one of the great draft steals of all time. I mean .... I'd never accuse Shula of planting a vicious rumor like that ... but I'm just saying ... Dan Marino worked out kinda alright. ;)

OK, now that it has been disproved ... looking at the 3 players involved in this latest rumor ... Cushing, Matthews and Davis .... I gotta ask. Did we plant this rumor? I mean really, those have to be 3 of our top hopefuls to drop to 25, and if there was one other that I'd really be wondering about it would be BJ Raji, who is rumored to have tested positive for weed ... so I wouldn't put it past Parcells & Co. to plant this stuff.

I mean, I'm not sure if many of you remember it ... but there was a last minute unverified rumor in 1983 that caused a great QB to drop. It was of a rumored cocaine habit that turned out to be false, but it broke so late that teams steered clear of him ... until he was drafted by Don Shula and the great Miami Dolphins in one of the great draft steals of all time. I mean .... I'd never accuse Shula of planting a vicious rumor like that ... but I'm just saying ... Dan Marino worked out kinda alright. ;)

No offense but in my opinion even thinking for a second that this regime would do that is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom