MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

I'm not denying anything I posted. I expressed my opinion. You said it was gall for me to express an opinion.

Right. I get ya. Calling someone ignorant, naive, dumb, whatever you want is ok as long as you make sure to note it's just your opinion.

Well then, anyone who assumes that another person is naive just because they disagree with them about the proliferation of steroids in the NFL, is ignorant and arrogant. Oh, in my opinion.

We know in our own lives how fast lab work results can be obtained. Given the millions of dollars involved when it comes to the NFL, I'd think the teams should be able to have access to the combine drug test results in 10 days or so after they are given.

We should also remember that they are doing appx 350 of those tests...and test not only for Roids...but conventional drugs. It all takes time.

Guys this report is very questionable. I know source very close to the Matthews family and Matthews agent is extremely pissed and is taking care of the situation. He is trying to make the NFl release a statement on all the test at the combine.

Well, wouldn't you be upset if you were the agent? He stands to benefit from the success of the player. I'm not saying that the report is beyond reproach but the fact that the agent is upset doesn't really convince me that it's not accurate....

REPORT OF MATTHEWS DRUG TEST REFUTED
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 2:19 p.m.
In response to NFL Draft Bible’s report that USC linebacker Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, the agent that represents Matthews has issued a denial.

In an e-mail sent to Rick Serritella at NFL Draft Bible from Athletes First vice president and general counsel Mark Humenik stated that neither Matthews or his agents have been informed of any failed drug test. Plus, he added that a lawyer for the league office told him that the NFL hasn’t received notification that any players have tested positive for steroids at the combine.

NFL Draft Bible also reported that USC linebacker Brian Cushing has tested positive for steroids.

Here’s an unabridged copy of the note:

“Our office represents Clay Matthews. Your website is reporting, via unnamed sources including one NFL team, that Clay tested positive for steroids at the NFL Combine. As I’m sure you know, the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances clearly states that “any Club or Club employee that publicly divulges, directly or indirectly, information concerning positive tests or other violations of this Policy (including numerical summaries or specific names of persons) or otherwise breaches the confidentiality provisions of this Policy is subject to a fine of up to $500,000 by the Commissioner.

“Further, neither Clay nor our office has received notification of any positive test, whether for steroids or any banned substance. I also have been informed by an attorney at the NFL League Office that they have not received notification from the Independent Administrator of any Draft-eligible players testing positive for steroids during the pre-employment drug testing conducted at this year’s Combine, and likewise, that they have not informed the member NFL clubs of any drug testing results. Govern yourself accordingly.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

My source is legit and this reports are BS about Matthews using steroids. According to my source Clay is willing to test again and his father is furius at the allegations. Incredible what some teams will do to see guys dropped. This false rumor could cause Clay alot of money.

Well that does it. I think Cushing, Davis, and Harvin are next to be cleared.

Right. I get ya. Calling someone ignorant, naive, dumb, whatever you want is ok as long as you make sure to note it's just your opinion.

Well then, anyone who assumes that another person is naive just because they disagree with them about the proliferation of steroids in the NFL, is ignorant and arrogant. Oh, in my opinion.

I didn't say ignorant or dumb. They may be synonymous with naive to you, but not to me.

Oh yeah, IMO, someone as sarcastic as you are with those comments is pretty good at being arrogant and full of themselves as well.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

My source is legit and this reports are BS about Matthews using steroids. According to my source Clay is willing to test again and his father is furius at the allegations. Incredible what some teams will do to see guys dropped. This false rumor could cause Clay alot of money.

Your sources are connected to Matthews...right?

One source says he's dirty....your sources says he's not...I say we will find out.

It's $1,000 a month on legal supplements that he reportedly spends, not $50k a year.

I was going to say, the $50,000 even on steroids and GNC would still be a TON. Even with the finest illegal products, he'd have to be doing competitive bodybuilder levels and he'd be much bigger than he is.

As for the people talking about $12,000 being a lot to spend at GNC, I live fairly close to Notre Dame and I've seen players driving Tahoes on 22" rims(and I've got a friend that owns a few gas station/towing services that has been offered quite a bit of money to not tow the players' vehicles from an illegal parking spot or inside the football stadium). Bigger name college football players are given just about anything they want.

About the steroid talk, I don't really care if a pro athlete is on steroids or GH. The players aren't meant to be idols, they're entertainers of a sort. The only time I'd see it as a negative is if someone is abusing steroids or GH and doing something that will cut their life much shorter. Used in a responsible manner, they don't do as much damage as what the media portrays.

My buddy is a member of Finheaven and is a family friend. In fact he coached Clay's older brother.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. It would be crazy if the NFL Draft Bible, or anyone else, would just carelessly report such shocking news without confirming what they are reporting. There could be some serious legal consequences if this report turns out to be false.

But I guess it shouldn't surprise me. The media today is very irresponsible and sloppy with their coverage. It is a race to report the story before everybody else and double-checking facts slows things down. Reporting the story quickly is more important than reporting the story accurately, which is pretty sad. The quality of media coverage has gone down dramatically in recent years.

I must admit though, I quickly jumped to conclusions and believed this report. I have always suspected Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing, and also Aaron Maybin, of doing steroids. I have seen no direct evidence to support my opinion. But there are some red flags such as pictures and stories of them gaining incredible muscle mass in short periods of time. For now, I will call it a hunch, and nothing more, that these guys are all juiced up.

So now the question is ...... How good are these guys without having their performance enhanced??? So they kicked butt in college because they were all juiced up. Now they go into the NFL and aren't juiced up anymore and turn into busts.

Btw, someone needs to test Maybin. He gained 25 pounds of muscle in like 2 months.

Damn, I really hate steroids.

Do the names Brian Bosworth and Tony Mandarich mean anything to you?
If these allegations are true, I don't want any part of either of these guys. In any round

Rotoworld actually took the story down so not to link themselves to nfldraftbible....

Back
Top Bottom