MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

I hope that ESPN or the NFL Network (Sorry, I can't remember which one....) pulls all of those commercials with him in it. Frankly, they were getting on my nerves. Furthermore, where does a college student who comes from a background like his get $50,000.00 to spend on drugs like that? :err:

It's $1,000 a month on legal supplements that he reportedly spends, not $50k a year.

There is no reason why teams would not have gotten the confidential results of the combine drug tests weeks ago. If there was red flag on any particular player based on those test results, why would a team bring said player to their team facility for a private workout? We brought in both Matthews and Cushing for workouts didn't we?

I believe the NFL releases that report either this week or next. I read something about that subject just a short time ago...I'll see if I find it again.

This is one example;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4037535

"NFL teams will receive the official list of those who tested positive in Indianapolis later this month, and Raji's name will be on it, according to a source who attended last week's owners meetings in California."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html

thank god ! now i dont have to see anymore draft clay matthews threads!!!!!

It's $1,000 a month on legal supplements that he reportedly spends, not $50k a year.

Thats 12000 a year not working and he has to have cash for other stuff

I could see Cushing slipping to the lower 2nd and mathews lower 3rd higher 4th if true what a dam shame

Plus linebackers usally slip anyways

This is ridiculous. Come draft day these guys are going to get big paychecks for cheating their entire lives. Unreal.

If you aint cheating, you aint trying

I believe the NFL releases that report either this week or next. I read something about that subject just a short time ago...I'll see if I find it again.

This is one example;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4037535

"NFL teams will receive the official list of those who tested positive in Indianapolis later this month, and Raji's name will be on it, according to a source who attended last week's owners meetings in California."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html

It could take that long, but it is hard for me to believe teams would be kept in the dark on the results of the combine drug tests for that length of time.

It could take that long, but it is hard for me to believe teams would be kept in the dark on the results of the combine drug tests for that length of time.

I'm sure something is leaked out to the clubs prior to the offical report. Considering we are three weeks away from the draft...it doesn't take that long to know who's dirty or not.

Even so, that's a lot of cheddar.....

Oh I agree, it's still a lot, but a small pct of $50k. As for how he could afford it, I really don't know his family's personal financial situation. Maybe dad and mom can afford to pay for all that kind of thing for him.

I'm sure something is leaked out to the clubs prior to the offical report. Considering we are three weeks away from the draft...it doesn't take that long to know who's dirty or not.

We know in our own lives how fast lab work results can be obtained. Given the millions of dollars involved when it comes to the NFL, I'd think the teams should be able to have access to the combine drug test results in 10 days or so after they are given.

Oh I agree, it's still a lot, but a small pct of $50k. As for how he could afford it, I really don't know his family's personal financial situation. Maybe dad and mom can afford to pay for all that kind of thing for him.

I don't know their situation either but he doesn't appear to come from that type of background where $1000.00 per month for that type of thing would be an easy thing to do. That's the appearance but it could be wrong. If that appearance is accurate though, there are deeper questions to ask IMO....

Guys this report is very questionable. I know source very close to the Matthews family and Matthews agent is extremely pissed and is taking care of the situation. He is trying to make the NFl release a statement on all the test at the combine.

Back
Top Bottom