MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York

ESPNews just reported that Cowher's agent said that he won't be coaching the Jets in 2009. Cowher says he has no interest.

I don't have a link but it's scrolling across the bottom of the screen right now.

hahahaha! just saw on espn headline no cowher for jest!

well i guess they better keep looking!

im not surprised by that at all, although part of me wishes he did go there. I honestly don't think Cowher would/will accomplish much when he returns.

Think about it, the guy lost Rus Grimm, Ken Whisenhunt, and dick lebeau. His coaching staff would be completely different. It would take him 2-3 years to get a respectable team going, and as we saw in New York, coaches just don;t have that kind of time.

Just saw that too. I'm pretty happy about it.

I think the Jets are going to get someone good though... Schottenheimer seems to be the likely guy, and he would probably be a lot better of a coach for them than Cowher. Marty builds SOLID teams all-around; the current Chargers and 90's Chiefs both had amazing rosters in terms of talent.

Even if he wanted to coach again,I think Cowher has too much class to go to Dreg City. :nate:

You realize Cowher works there right? He travels to NY on the weekends. Reason he doesn't want to coach is because of his daughter. He will return next year, has no interest in coaching this year.

Wonder if the Jets will go after Mike Shanahan.

You realize Cowher works there right? He travels to NY on the weekends. Reason he doesn't want to coach is because of his daughter. He will return next year, has no interest in coaching this year.

Wonder if the Jets will go after Mike Shanahan.
I'm just 'funnin with ya,and yes.......I'm pretty shocked Shanahan was turned loose.Somebody will cash in on that quick.You guys,or I would'nt be shocked to see Jerry go after him with the wheels falling off in Dallas.

.....and if you guys did get him,he'd have the luxury of not worrying about his RB situation(Jones/Washington).I'm sure that had to be driving him nuts in Denver.That was a modern day MASH unit.

Denver seems ideal for Cowher . . . QB is in place and he can be in charge of player personnel. If he fixes the defense and brings in a power runner like Beanie Wells, that team will be good very quick.

Shannahan to the Jest seems very realistic to me.

Mangini to the Browns

Garrett to the Lions?

Spagnoli stays with Giants and eventually takes over.

Keep in mind that Shanarat had 100% personnel control in Denver and likely would want it again. His weaknes was his drafting and free agent aquisition. He is a great game day coach, but a poor Personnel man. I don't seen him going to NY because of Tannenbaum. I don't see him going to Dallas because Jerry will NEVER relinquish control of HIS team to anyone--including God. Not sure where I see him fitting. Maybe the Lions?

I heard that Shanahan probably wants to be just a Head Coach. Not a GM also, have someone to help him as it burnt him out a bit. He loves coaching still from what I heard, but all of the stuff he did may be too much.
Jets already have in place a good scouting department, a good GM. So we'll see.

If no to Shanahan, I see either Lesie Frazier or Steve Spagnuolo as the next HC. Both are getting interviews and both are rising stocks as head coaches.

Back
Top Bottom