MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: Cowher passes on New York

I heard that Shanahan probably wants to be just a Head Coach. Not a GM also, have someone to help him as it burnt him out a bit. He loves coaching still from what I heard, but all of the stuff he did may be too much.
Jets already have in place a good scouting department, a good GM. So we'll see.

If no to Shanahan, I see either Lesie Frazier or Steve Spagnuolo as the next HC. Both are getting interviews and both are rising stocks as head coaches.

Out of the available coaches, I think Shanahan would be the best out there. And the Jets would be lucky to get him.

Spags is a good choice, but their own success will be his doom. No one likes to hire a coach deep into January. Unless the Eagles pull the upset (and it's about a coin toss with those teams)... I don't see it happening.

Leslie Frazier is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not sure exactly how much of that great defense is coaching, and how much is the sheer amount of talent they have. That DL could dominate in any team, and any conference.

Schottenheimer, he's probably not the best for the Jets, since his best attribute is to coach teams back to above average performance. He's like Parcells in that regard, and what happens next, well, I believe he's had more bad luck than has been a bad coach. But people seem to think he's snakebit, and that really wouldn't go well what with the NY media and everything.

I'm hearing around here that Marty Schottenheimer may get the job. Hes got a lousy playoff record, but he is a winner. He has 2 losing seasons as HC.
Might happen as the Jets may want a veteran HC, as the team is pretty talented. They are definitely playoff caliber talent wise. Marty knows how to build teams, so the Jets won't fall apart and he can continue to keep building them up. Also he could bring in some very nice coordinators. Definitely a better coaching staff then the Jets had last year.

The thing that would be good with Marty is he would keep the 3-4 defense which this team is pretty much built for. He would bring a more aggressive attacking defense though, instead of the lame soft defense that Mangini and staff ran. The one where we rushed 3 guys and dropped the rest into coverage, and our DBs still couldn't cover anyone.

Jets are going to regret letting Mangini go.

Last year they blamed their downfall on Chad, so once he was out of the picture Mangina was the only scapegoat left. Who else were they gonna blame it on?...Favre? Pfffft whatever! John Madden would go insane and eat Woody's face if the Jets sent Golden Boy packing :D

Back
Top Bottom