MERGEDX4: Favre To Retire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX4: Favre To Retire

I'll believe it when he actually files his retirement papers with the league. In the meantime It'll be interesting to read the sports commentary in the Mpls Star Tribune over the next few months.

My question is: until he actually files his papers or the Jest formally cut him, does his cap number remain active?

**************Breaking News*********************

"Brett Favre officially announces his unretirement and his intent to play for the jets in 2009. Official Press Conference to be held around Noon. About 30 mins or so after the end of his "Retirement" Press conference that begun at 11am est."

Thats a shame. Had he decided to play he would have kept the jets in cap hell and the team would have had to play the int king of the league as their starter. Signing him to begin with wasn't the smartest move ever by a GM.

Here's hoping the Jests spend the next decade looking for a QB like we did.

I see Favre retiring as good news for the Jets, and bad news for the rest of the AFC East. He's leaving the Jets with plenty of time to find a decent replacement, and all of the drama / controversy that surrounds Favre is now gone for good. The Jets will be a much better football team in the future as a result of this in my opinion....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

No doubt that is exactly what the Jets were hoping for.

I still don't trust anything that Brett says though. He might still sign with the Vikings so that he could play against the Packers twice a year. He really hates the coach and GM and seems like the kind of guy who will hold a grudge for ever.

I see Favre retiring as good news for the Jets, and bad news for the rest of the AFC East. He's leaving the Jets with plenty of time to find a decent replacement, and all of the drama / controversy that surrounds Favre is now gone for good. The Jets will be a much better football team in the future as a result of this in my opinion....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Tannenbaum has proven less than capable of finding quarterbacks, in fact he throws away good ones. I don't see any Matt Ryans or Joe Flaccos in this draft and he can't count on any other GM's dumping someone like Chad in his lap, so I'm taking the "believe it when I see it" approach with them finding a QB. But, you're right in the sense it does give them more time to look. I'll really miss those int's and the look on his face we saw in that last game of the season.

Start the Favre *** kissing on all Major sports shows and web sites

I'd rather have the Jets in salary cap trouble with Favre, then have Favre leave, especailly early enough to look for a suitable replacement.

Sad isn't it? We go from Roid-Rod and Roid ball to the alltime interception king that won't just go away. Pathetic ESPN!

I wish they would focus on something that is good.
Its Hockey season, and you can't even get a sniff of a highlight unless it's "Top Plays."

Back
Top Bottom