MERGEDX8: Tom Brady out for season with torn ACL/Placed on IR | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX8: Tom Brady out for season with torn ACL/Placed on IR

I just can't be excited about this at all. Brady (whether we like it or not) is a great player. Anytime a great player goes down...it hurts the league.

Add to that I dont like seeing players get injured...even if I secretly say stupid things in the heat of the moment.

I think this is one of those situations where publicly, everyone is taking the high road by saying that you shouldn't wish injury on any player and that you should never cheer when a great player gets hurt.

While I agree with it in principle, I think that deep down inside, a lot of AFC East fans are breathing a sigh of relief now that the Patriots are finally showing a major chink in their dynastic armor.
When Marino went down and we were getting beat, didn't you think to yourself that the losses we got without him weren't really official?

How can you celebrate a victory against the Pats without Brady being beat as well? Same thing with the Super Bowl this year... everyone will be talking about what Brady might have done. It's just not as fun when one of the best players to play the game goes down for the season.

I just can't be excited about this at all. Brady (whether we like it or not) is a great player. Anytime a great player goes down...it hurts the league.

Add to that I dont like seeing players get injured...even if I secretly say stupid things in the heat of the moment.

I think we all have that little devil inside...It's a question of one controlling it, or it controlling you.

When Marino went down and we were getting beat, didn't you think to yourself that the losses we got without him weren't really official?

How can you celebrate a victory against the Pats without Brady being beat as well? Same thing with the Super Bowl this year... everyone will be talking about what Brady might have done. It's just not as fun when one of the best players to play the game goes down for the season.

Roger that. Well said.

Brady gone for season, Torn ACL amongst other damage.

Crack open the Bubbly people:d-day:

a little class goes a long way. i dont recall Pats fans whooping it up when Ronnie went down. i honestly wonder if some Phin fans even deserve to see this franchise turned around. the Pats envy bs is pretty old and pathetic.

I can see both sides to this.

It's understandable for people to get excited about his injury because now they know their teams might have a chance. Nobody is actually wishing harm upon him, and it's not like his life is in danger. His career is not over and 20 years from now this injury won't even matter and he'll be perfectly healthy. That being said, I can see why people would want to cheer that the "evil" dynasty of the Patriots could be coming to a close. It was a natual human reaction that swept the U.S. Hell, the jet fan in my section yesterday was the one who first told me and it was the only emotion we would share in common.

At the same time, for obvious reasons, you shouldn't really be happy for someone when they get their sh*t broken.

I find CHEERING someone else's misfortune of a season ending injury extremely disgusting!

Official!!! Tom Brady Out For The Season!!!!!

TOM BRADY WAS JUST ANNOUNCED OUT FOR THE THE SEASON!!! woooooo this is dolphins related becuz they r in our division!! oh baby my season is almost complete now we gotta make the playoffs anything is possbile now woo!!!

heres the link for the doubters!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3575339

I can see both sides to this.

It's understandable for people to get excited about his injury because now they know their teams might have a chance. Nobody is actually wishing harm upon him, and it's not like his life is in danger. His career is not over and 20 years from now this injury won't even matter and he'll be perfectly healthy. That being said, I can see why people would want to cheer that the "evil" dynasty of the Patriots could be coming to a close. It was a natual human reaction that swept the U.S. Hell, the jet fan in my section yesterday was the one who first told me and it was the only emotion we would share in common.

At the same time, for obvious reasons, you shouldn't really be happy for someone when they get their sh*t broken.

Oh you should've seen the glee in some of the threads earlier. They are most certainly wishing great harm upon him. All dynasties come to an end. Cowboys...Steelers...Dolphins...So will the Pats. I don't want it to end like this. I want it to end with us putting them down like rabid dogs.

You play with what you have...Brady isn't the Pats...he's an important player...but just like when the Dolphins get injuries...I don't remember any team saying we'll give you second chance. Injuries are a part of the game...and the Pats have to deal with it...just like everyother team has to. As far as the Superbowl...I don't remember it written in stone that the Pats were a sure thing to make it...in fact...age is a factor against them...and lets all remember they beat KC yesterday.

I hate to see players get hurt, however it is nice to know that maybe that train is finally stopping elsewhere.

It put's the Pats in a somewhat similar role we have had to face. How good would they be w/o Brady, Maroney, Moss, and a few of their stars on D. I heard no compassion from pats fans to all our losses last year. More over they thought it was funny to beat up and run up scores on lesser teams w/ or w/o injuries.

Back
Top Bottom