MERGEDX8: Tom Brady out for season with torn ACL/Placed on IR | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX8: Tom Brady out for season with torn ACL/Placed on IR

for those who cheer this injury, think of this...
when we shut the pats out at home a couple of years ago, would that victory have been as sweet if tom wasnt playing? i like to think no.
i hate tom as a player as much as the rest of you, but i do feel bad for him and the pats fans. If any teams fan base should sympathize it should be us, look at last year.
The only time I would ever be happy about an injury, would be if it came against us, and would hope its not serious enough for that the player to miss more than that one game

I hear there is a very good rehab faculity down here in florida located behind a sear building. I wonder if he is going to be there.

Wow. What class fans we have here. I guess it's a testiment to Brady on how great he is that everyones cackleing about him being injured "So now we have a chance!"

Wow.

You play with what you have...Brady isn't the Pats...he's an important player...but just like when the Dolphins get injuries...I don't remember any team saying we'll give you second chance. Injuries are a part of the game...and the Pats have to deal with it...just like everyother team has to. As far as the Superbowl...I don't remember it written in stone that the Pats were a sure thing to make it...in fact...age is a factor against them...and lets all remember they beat KC yesterday.
Please. Brady isn't the Pats? That's laughable. What were they before him?

Of course it wasn't written in stone.. but were they not the heavy, heavy favorite?

Oh you should've seen the glee in some of the threads earlier. They are most certainly wishing great harm upon him. All dynasties come to an end. Cowboys...Steelers...Dolphins...So will the Pats. I don't want it to end like this. I want it to end with us putting them down like rabid dogs.

I agree whole-heartedly

u guys need to freakin relax we can cheer if we want u guys can sit in the corner and watch im excited step closer to the playoffs for us wooo!!

Kudos to everyone else for the classy posts in response to Brady's injury.

I, on the other hand, must be a classless, disgusting, & truly disturbed individual. :woot:

dude i can say wat i want it means we have a better chance to get the wildcard if u dont like it dont read it good bye and have a nice day this is a dolphin fan forum our rival just got weaker. be happy or notim gonna do wat i please.

Now it's official

Even though several media sites were reporting it (what was their source; where were the facts?), I wasn't 100% convinced until I saw a statement from the New England organization.

Now I am convinced; it's official, the Patriots have announced Brady is out for the year.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/pats_confirm_ra.html

Here's their statement:

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."

This makes the AFC East a whole lot more interesting now.

I hate to see players get hurt, however it is nice to know that maybe that train is finally stopping elsewhere.

It put's the Pats in a somewhat similar role we have had to face. How good would they be w/o Brady, Maroney, Moss, and a few of their stars on D. I heard no compassion from pats fans to all our losses last year. More over they thought it was funny to beat up and run up scores on lesser teams w/ or w/o injuries.

Karma is a *****!

blah blah blah with the "don't wish anybody to get hurt" deal.

This is the golden boy Tom Freakin Brady who ****s magic and was part of a cheating Franchise. Karma is finally coming back to the Patriots. **** Brady and **** the Pats. GO FINS!

You play with what you have...Brady isn't the Pats...he's an important player...but just like when the Dolphins get injuries...I don't remember any team saying we'll give you second chance. Injuries are a part of the game...and the Pats have to deal with it...just like everyother team has to. As far as the Superbowl...I don't remember it written in stone that the Pats were a sure thing to make it...in fact...age is a factor against them...and lets all remember they beat KC yesterday.

Right

No one was saying the Pats didn't deserve to make the SB because they played a SD team with a crippled QB, the league MVP the previous year didn't play almost the whole game and they played the 2nd half without their TE who is top 3 in this league.

No one is saying it's really not gonna be a lgit team to come form the NFC this year because the Giants lost Usi for the year.

Injuries happen.

To say it doesn't feel like a win is just ridiculous. So I guess last year we should be able to strike the record and scores from the books since we lost our star RB/HOF MLB'ER both starting safeties and a starting defensive lineman for the season before the first half was even over.

I don't wish harm upon anyone. Anyone that cheers for this is just immature and not worth the time.

But make no mistake about it. The Pats had to win the games with Brady. There are no guarantees in this league. It's absurd and ridiculous to sit here and say it won't be the same beating them or it's like we didn't really beat them or even the real team didn't have to go through NE to make the Playoffs.

Did the Olympians say that it wasn't really a gold because the reigning gold winner went down with an achilles injury. That Chinese dude

Did the woman say "It really wasn't a win because LOLO Jones stumbled over the 2nd to last hurdle and she clearly had the race won

Did anyone say the Chinese men really didn't win the gold in Gymnastics because 3 of the top Male Gymnasts went down with injuries and the reigning overall Champion Phil Hamm was one of them

With injuries to Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming did anyone say they really couldn't say they beat the Rockets last year.

When Big Papi got hurt or the Yankees ACE or Alfonso Soriano did anyone say "We really weren't playing the Yankees Red Sox or the Cubs?"

injuries are part of the game and they happen. You have to deal with it and move on.

Anyone that beats the Pats deserved to win the game this year. The team that represents the AFC in the Superbowl deserved to be there regardless if Tom Brady plays or not.

If NE doesn't make the Playoffs or have a bad season they deserved to have the bad season without Brady. They never wanted to have a QUALITY VETERAN backup because they didn't want that position to eat up the cap space.

So if poor QB play costs them this season then blame it on no other then the coach and GM and owner that many claim to be the best or one of the best and geniuses at what they do. They didn't properly prepare for a situation like this.

If the Pats go on to win a SB they deserve it. If Cassel goes on to have a Pro Bowl year then the questions of whether Brady made the Pats or if the system is what made it succesful will be a little clearer.

Why do you think many of us Like Having Ricky and Ronnie in the backfield. If one of them goes down for the season we have just as good an option backing them up and taking his place.

Back
Top Bottom