Miami Dolphin player cuts to 53 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphin player cuts to 53

Love that final roster. They kept Chase Allen, Jesse Davis, and Eric Smith. Only thing I don't like is they kept Senorise Perry over Storm Johnson.

Tony Lippett (IR) -> Torry McTyer
Ted Larsen (half-season IR) -> Jesse Davis
Koa Misi (IR) -> Chase Allen
T.J. McDonald (suspended) -> Maurice Smith

i'm not saying our depth has been great, but you can see why we had some more UDFAs than usual.

Injuries have sure been a factor. It's been ugly so far. You can add McMillan to the list.

Still only surprise i see is lacy and that may be cause Miami saw other lbs come free.

If we sign Jenkins maybe we cut Rey. I'd rather have a 2 deep nickel than a base mike right now although I'd prefer both

Kinda sucks that we cut Neville Hewitt then because as it stands Hull is our backup nickel LB. Him or Rey.

Kinda sucks that we cut Neville Hewitt then because as it stands Hull is our backup nickel LB. Him or Rey.

Hasnt been practicing- think he is hurt- although details have been hard to find - and im on record as as a non Hull fan other than ST.

It would suck to feel like you made the team only to have them sign someone off another roster and then they cut you.

Koa Misi is technically still on the team. We can't give that guy away.

I don't know that it's a depth stinks thing with the udfas. They look roster worthy to me outside of the lbs.

Nah, it's a sure-fire sign our depth sucks. If you find one or two UDFAs who can contribute long-term you hit one out of the ballpark. Our having oodles of them close to making the roster is just how bad our depth is
Your point is well taken and perhaps correct. But remember that same depth that you've said sucks, Helped Miami win 10 games last year. I agree that it's expected that 1 or 2 UDFA make a roster every year. But in the case of the 2017 draft which was extremely deep on the defensive side of the ball, looks to have had some draftable players fall through the cracks. I'm not arguing against your view. I just believe that this years Miami's draft class and UDFA signees are the best they may have ever had. Time will tell. And to add to my point, I'm not sold on Charles Harris. I know others here may say I wear aqua and orange glasses, but it's unusual for a team to potentially have so many players make the team, after a 10 win season.

Last edited:
I count 6 undrafted free agents on the roster:
- Eric Smith
- Jesse Davis
- Maurice Smith
- Chase Allen
- Torry McTyer
- Matt Haack

(and Jake Brendel made the Practice Squad last year)

Last edited:
Just add jelani Jenkins I will go play football if we do that.

How long do we have to wait before these cut players can be signed?

Back
Top Bottom