Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

Norwood will go in the late Round 2-Early Round-3 range. Great pass rush ability, needs to get better against the run. He is a great athlete and for some reason I see the Raiders making a play for him..They have been known to reach for players
hey real would norwood be a steal for us in the 3rd for the inside lb spot or would the height scare us off .plus are his tackling problems from shedding o-lineman,or does he just not wrap up?we need guys who can tackle lol.thanks bert.----------real i have one more question.who would be the best olb to fall for us in the 2nd if he was there?thanks again bert.

What do you guys think about Javier Arenas?

He could solve our return problems,both kick-off and punt,as well as give our d-backs added depth...

i like arenas as a mid round value but i don't think he fits the height that this regime seems to prefer in cbs...

tough physical willing player and dynamite return guy...just a little short

that and i question how good of a press man corner he is...

Yah I agree, but Javier is a baller, all this guy does is make plays, and that is what we need...he has the speed to man up, don't know about his coverage skills,didn't seem to be getting beat much to me, a late round pick would be well worth it...

What do you guys think about Javier Arenas?

He could solve our return problems,both kick-off and punt,as well as give our d-backs added depth...

I've been saying this for a while now....Arenas is the BEST...most FEARLESS....PHYSICAL...punt returner I've ever seen....seriously...

And I've seen Tim Brown...Desmond Howard...Charles Woodson....you name it...

I cant ever remember seeing a guy get absolutely blown up by a gunner running full speed arriving at the instant the football arrives as much as Arenas has...only to see Arenas field the punt...shake the gunner off to the ground...find a crease and explode through it....

It's one of the most amazing things I've seen in years and years of watching college football....his sheer concentration and fearlessness is impenetrable....not to mention he's bull strong and built like a fire hydrant...

Pound for pound the strongest player on Bama's defense...and that's saying something....also the best blitzing DB in the draft IMO and the best tackling cornerback....

However, he's obviously a little shorter than you would like and his hips are a little stiff and he doesn't change directions well....his recovery speed isn't great and he's not fast....I think he's much better in zone coverage than in man coverage...I think he can be beaten deep in the NFL...

Probably more of an ideal fit in a Cover-2 scheme where he can enforce what he's best at....zone coverage and reading the quarterback....imposing his will on the perimeter in the run game....spectacular tackler....

I think he may slide a little on draft day....I think 3rd/4th round is about right for him...

Driscoll, in regard to that mock you put up, 2 of the Seahawk picks surprised me. Mays at 5? I know Carroll is in Seattle now, but I hope for their sake they dont do that. Joe McKnight in the 2nd? Why would they draft an oft injured back who will proably be nothing more than a change of pace guy in the NFL?

They have Justin Forsett, who put up some nice numbers when thrust into a starting role, but hes better suited to about 10-15 touches a game. They need a legit #1 back. I saw someone mention Spiller to them. Id be surprised, assuming Forsett is back, that gives them 2 smallish guys, although Forsett clearly isnt as explosive. The Hawks could do just about anything. Walter Jones is done, they need a qb, need a wr, need a back, need a safety.

Taylor Mays at #6 to a guy who coahed him all four years doesn't baffle me. While I have Mays as overrated, there are many who think he is a top 10 player in this draft. He needs better ball-skills and ball-recognition but his physical attributes are off the charts.

Justin Forsett played okay down the stretch but battles the injury bug and I am not convinced that he or julius Jones solves their running woes. I could even see them snagging CJ Spiller at #6.

Would absolutely love Arenas. Tough physical return man and real good instinctive agressive skills at CB, would be a nice addition to a young secondary and would instantly put our return game in the top third of the league.

I have a feeling because of his return skills he may go higher than he should.

Skip,

Now that the decleration days has passed. I am gathering all the players who have officially declared and making my power rankings. Those I will post Monday Morning; I am aiming for next Friday to have my Full 7 Round Mock Draft (Pre-Combine); I will do another after the combine and than one final one before the draft

Back
Top Bottom