Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

CK the same thing as Percy Harvin does. Nice attempt at a rib. I am actually in Ybor City for the next 2 weeks, that's pretty close to you isn't it?

A stone's throw. I was just there this last Saturday. Luckily I got out without being stabbed or arrested.

I wish we could trade a 2011 2nd Rounder for Anquan Boldin. Combine that move with a decent free agency and a solid draft and we are right in the mix.

Not sure I'd go as high as a second for a guy that's had a tough time staying healthy, is bordering on 30 years old, and built his record lately being next to Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston, with Kurt Warner throwing the ball. I'm not trying to take anything away from Boldin but it's risky. Anquan was definitely a stunner early in his career before Larry even got there, but having Fitzgerald opposite you can mask an aging process. I'm not saying that's what is happening, but it is possible, and it makes me not want to risk a high draft pick as well as a bunch of money.

I don't know. Probably LaFell. At least I know he has the ability to get open in man coverage, even though his focus and hands are woefully inconsistent.

i think if that's the case as of right now at least i use the #43 pick on a different position...

as ck said gilyard needs to get off press for me at the senior bowl and thomas needs to run a solid # before i take him...

lafell i have no interest in...

right now i pass on all 3

if benn or tate are there i'm taking them

Doesn't hurt having Kevin Greene as your position coach.

clay matthews lit the senior bowl and combine on fire...was one of my 5 finalist for #25 last year...

that dude is so quick off the edge and his motor is full bore...

if i can remember correctly i had as my top 5 for #25..

hakeem nick
michael oher
brandon pettigrew
larry english
clay matthews

and i loved lawrence sidbury as a wolb and cb keenan lewis at #56 and #87

clay matthews lit the senior bowl and combine on fire...was one of my 5 finalist for #25 last year...

that dude is so quick off the edge and his motor is full bore...

Oh I thought Clay would be good, but I didn't think he'd be 10 sacks good and pro bowl good as a rookie. Getting coached up by one of the best 3-4 OLBs of the 90's doesn't hurt.

hakeem nick
michael oher
brandon pettigrew
larry english
clay matthews

and i loved lawrence sidbury as a wolb and cb keenan lewis at #56 and #87

I never expected Vontae to be available when we picked, and actually forgot he was on the board. I liked, and still do like the pick. Though having Nicks would've been nice.

Sidbury kind of struggled this year, and Lewis may get cut next season because he can't play ST.

I am going to work on a lot for the draft tonight. I got tapes from the Maryland Athletic Depatment so I am going to breakdown Bruce Campbell, Chris Turner, and Terrell Skinner. I will take a break to watch American Idol. Wow that sounded pretty lame.

You can't pass on Spiller at #12 IMO. The guy is a game-changer who can play a major role in two aspects of the game. How confident are you guys on Ronnie Brown? On Ricky Williams? I am not in either case. I think we could lang a 2nd Rounder for Ronnie and if so we should make the move.

hmmm...the only time i did see keenan lewis get this year was on specials...he needs to get more physical

sidbury got drafted by a 4-3 team at end but i still think he could play wolb in a 3-4...i liked him a lot in lb drills at the combine...would need to develop more hand usage and pass rush moves but his first step getoff was top notch imo

i did not like the vontae davis pick at the time...i do now...a lot

You can't pass on Spiller at #12 IMO. The guy is a game-changer who can play a major role in two aspects of the game. How confident are you guys on Ronnie Brown? On Ricky Williams? I am not in either case. I think we could lang a 2nd Rounder for Ronnie and if so we should make the move.

Spiller is going to the Seahawks anyways imo...it wont matter

I was just look at the QB Class for this year and I can't believe how weak it is. Sam Bradford is accurate but he has a relatively weak arm. Jimmy Clausen is probably the best QB in the draft but he had a lot of talent with Michael Floyd, Golden Tate, and Kyle Rudolph. He has a good arm but his decision making is in question. Jevan Snead has talent but his decision making is worst than Ray Lucas'. Tim Tebow will fail as a pro-passer. I like Tony Pike's size but is a little raw. Colt McCoy is accurate but lacks arm strength. My favorite value is Sean Canfield. Weak Class... Next year should be much better

I've got two words for you...

Levi Brown....he's just about surpassed Tim Hiller as my personal favorite as an underrated senior QB prospect....

He's built a lot like Eli Manning IMO....big (6-4, 225)....and has similar throwing mechanics, delivery, footwork, etc....delivery is just a tad low right now but it's not that big of a deal and he can get away with to an extent being as tall as he is....won't take much to get it up just a touch...

Strong arm and steps into his throws....puts good RPM's on the football and has exceptional touch on delicate passes for a college QB from a smaller school...

A lot of upside as an NFL quarterback IMO....underrated player IMO...

Back
Top Bottom