Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

Correction, youre right.....but NO time, probably means No Good, No Potential, Nothing there....you know what I mean

Correction, youre right.....but NO time, probably means No Good, No Potential, Nothing there....you know what I mean

Not entirely true. If I remember correctly, it came down to Pat not being too good on Special Teams. What gave Hartline the edge over Turner was how fast Hartline learned, and the fact that he could play all 3 wide receiver positions. Patrick Turner was inactive, so they could keep another player active to help on special teams. Hartline being able to play all positions would be what put him over. Camarillo, Ginn and Bess were just given.

I love Mardy Gilyard's feistiness but with that skinny frame is he going to get off the press at the next level? I'm watching him on tape and he's not even getting off the press at the college level, what will he do when he's got guys that are bigger, faster and more aggressive than 180 lbs WR convert Terry Hawthorn jamming him?

(this observation will be stolen in 3...2...1...)

I love Mardy Gilyard's feistiness but with that skinny frame is he going to get off the press at the next level? I'm watching him on tape and he's not even getting off the press at the college level, what will he do when he's got guys that are bigger, faster and more aggressive than 180 lbs WR convert Terry Hawthorn jamming him?

What do you think of Spiller?

And also, who would you prefer... McClain or Spikes?

I understand you're a draft expert, so I figured I'd ask you.

lets say we go LB in round 1 and you have him Lafell, Gilyard, and Thomas sitting there in the 2nd round, who would you go with?

CK the same thing as Percy Harvin does. Nice attempt at a rib. I am actually in Ybor City for the next 2 weeks, that's pretty close to you isn't it?

I wish we could trade a 2011 2nd Rounder for Anquan Boldin. Combine that move with a decent free agency and a solid draft and we are right in the mix.

What do you think of Spiller?

And also, who would you prefer... McClain or Spikes?

I understand you're a draft expert, so I figured I'd ask you.

I think that Spiller is one of the five safest NFL prospects in this draft. He's one of the five that I would have a hard time passing on if they made it to #12.

I think McClain is the better linebacker prospect of the two but I think Spikes' suitability for Miami's system is higher. However, now we have no idea since we have no defensive coordinator. So, for now, McClain is just the safer of the two prospects.

But as far as that goes, Sean Weatherspoon needs to be in that discussion. I once said that A.J. Edds' role and abilities remind me of a less explosive Brian Cushing. Sean Weatherspoon reminds me of a more durable Brian Cushing. And Brian Cushing in case you didn't notice, is awful good.

I was just look at the QB Class for this year and I can't believe how weak it is. Sam Bradford is accurate but he has a relatively weak arm. Jimmy Clausen is probably the best QB in the draft but he had a lot of talent with Michael Floyd, Golden Tate, and Kyle Rudolph. He has a good arm but his decision making is in question. Jevan Snead has talent but his decision making is worst than Ray Lucas'. Tim Tebow will fail as a pro-passer. I like Tony Pike's size but is a little raw. Colt McCoy is accurate but lacks arm strength. My favorite value is Sean Canfield. Weak Class... Next year should be much better

lets say we go LB in round 1 and you have him Lafell, Gilyard, and Thomas sitting there in the 2nd round, who would you go with?

I don't know. Probably LaFell. At least I know he has the ability to get open in man coverage, even though his focus and hands are woefully inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom