Miami Dolphins: Great? Not yet, but they have potential! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Great? Not yet, but they have potential!

the difference was that your qb was lucky that langford didnt pick his brain fart throw right to his hands from a distance of a yard or two.

the difference was that your qb was lucky that langford didnt pick his brain fart throw right to his hands from a distance of a yard or two.

It's all luck, our run to the title game, the 5-1 start, beating you guys, sanchez playing well. I wish we had the skill of Miami to go 7-9 last year, to not have won a playoff game in a decade, to be 3-2,...

It's all luck, our run to the title game, the 5-1 start, beating you guys, sanchez playing well. I wish we had the skill of Miami to go 7-9 last year, to not have won a playoff game in a decade, to be 3-2,...

you have a good team. sanchez is way overrated though, and he isn't the reason you're 5-1. a good qb (for his age and experience), but not what you make him out to be. i do think he'll be great, but he isn't even near that yet.

you have a good team. sanchez is way overrated though, and he isn't the reason you're 5-1. a good qb (for his age and experience), but not what you make him out to be. i do think he'll be great, but he isn't even near that yet.

I don't make him out to be anything other than what he is. He had a good year for a ROOKIE last year and he's been a top 10 QB this year. That doesn't mean it will continue but so far this year he's been really good and a major reason we are 5-1.

It was the QBs, our QB finished off that game w/ a TD to make it an 8 pt lead, your QB couldn't get you into the EZ to give your team a chance to send it to OT.

LT and Greene ran 25 times for 106 yds, 4.2 YPC. Good game but not great
Ricky and Ronnie ran it 18 times for 82 yds, 4.5 YPC

We had similar production from our RBs. The difference in that game was at QB. Our QB was leading our O to TDs, your QB was leading your O to FGs.

Stop w/ the Allen slipped excuse, our guys were slipping all night including on that last big Marshall catch which set you up in the RZ. Edwards made a great move and even if Allen doesn't slip he isn't likely bringing him down there. He bit on the move and it caused him to slip.
I hate to say it, but I agree. Though you can when games with field goals, Henne made poor reads that cost yards. And I think play calling had a little to do with that.

As for this team has potential. I gotta say I am sick of hearing that. I have heard it the past two years. We should have flat out dominance on the field with the "potential" we have had here the past couple of years.

It was the QBs, our QB finished off that game w/ a TD to make it an 8 pt lead, your QB couldn't get you into the EZ to give your team a chance to send it to OT.

LT and Greene ran 25 times for 106 yds, 4.2 YPC. Good game but not great
Ricky and Ronnie ran it 18 times for 82 yds, 4.5 YPC

We had similar production from our RBs. The difference in that game was at QB. Our QB was leading our O to TDs, your QB was leading your O to FGs.

Stop w/ the Allen slipped excuse, our guys were slipping all night including on that last big Marshall catch which set you up in the RZ. Edwards made a great move and even if Allen doesn't slip he isn't likely bringing him down there. He bit on the move and it caused him to slip.

So the Brad Smith wildcat runs don't count? Junc, stop disregarding certain pieces to better your argument. Did Sanchez move his team down the field for TD's, in some cases yes he did (as did Henne). Did the running game for the Jets help the cause and move the chains more often then the Dolphins, in some cases yes. Henne had a phenomenal day and was throwing the ball all over your secondary (I understand it may have been different with Revis, but Revis didn't play, so you can't go there). My buddy who is a Jets fan called me and asked why the Dolphins were even trying to run b/c Henne was completing a pass on every throw he made (exaggeration). That was a team win for the Jets (minus their secondary / pass rush) and the Dolphins defense and lack of a consistent running game clearly lost the game for the Dolpins. To say the game was won b/c Sanchez was better then Henne is just plain rediculous.

So the Brad Smith wildcat runs don't count? Junc, stop disregarding certain pieces to better your argument. Did Sanchez move his team down the field for TD's, in some cases yes he did (as did Henne). Did the running game for the Jets help the cause and move the chains more often then the Dolphins, in some cases yes. Henne had a phenomenal day and was throwing the ball all over your secondary (I understand it may have been different with Revis, but Revis didn't play, so you can't go there). My buddy who is a Jets fan called me and asked why the Dolphins were even trying to run b/c Henne was completing a pass on every throw he made (exaggeration). That was a team win for the Jets (minus their secondary / pass rush) and the Dolphins defense and lack of a consistent running game clearly lost the game for the Dolpins. To say the game was won b/c Sanchez was better then Henne is just plain rediculous.

I don't count trick plays, sanchez is off the field in those situations so they know there isn't a threat of that when he is under C therefore it isn't helping him.

If henne was that good why did you need a running game? The bottom line is Henne was leading you to FGs, sanchez was leading us to TDs. Up 1 w/ almost 7 mins to play sanchez led us on a 13 play drive that ended w/ a TD and left Miami w/ under 2 mins on the clock down 8. Henne led you to our 11 w/ just under a minute left and 4 downs and he couldn't lead you into the EZ. Yards are great, points matter more. Sanchez was the best QB on the field that night and the difference btw the 2 teams.

I don't count trick plays, sanchez is off the field in those situations so they know there isn't a threat of that when he is under C therefore it isn't helping him.

If henne was that good why did you need a running game? The bottom line is Henne was leading you to FGs, sanchez was leading us to TDs. Up 1 w/ almost 7 mins to play sanchez led us on a 13 play drive that ended w/ a TD and left Miami w/ under 2 mins on the clock down 8. Henne led you to our 11 w/ just under a minute left and 4 downs and he couldn't lead you into the EZ. Yards are great, points matter more. Sanchez was the best QB on the field that night and the difference btw the 2 teams.

Wow, blinded. I don't look at the last 2 drives as the only deciding factor of the game.

At this point, I will just stop the madness and agree to disagree.

Not to mention the STs giving Dirty a short field every freaking time that little fruit loop stepped on the field. I would like to know the difference in average field positions in that game, because I would again bet the house that NY had significantly better field position the whole game.

Its easy to look like a superstar when you only gotta lead your team 55 yards...:/ smh

lol, finally u realized that:lol:. it is better to be lucky than good though.

9 is still better than 7 and 2 is less than 4, right? Why do we take away the INT? It was a play w/ the game on the line. It wasn't a hail mary.

Most importantly Sanchez has led his O to 25 PPG while henne has led his O to 16 PPG. They both have good OLs, they both have good WRs to throw to and good RBs to hand off- why is there such a difference in PPG? It's b/c of the QBs.

Because you throw away certain stats all the time when making a point so I figured I would jump on board and he only thing tossing that int out does is makes Henne's rating better then Sanchez, every other stat I listed he lead Sanchez in anyway.

The difference in PPG isn't from the QB play, the Jets have 42 points off rushing TD's compared to Miami who has 7. If you take away all but one of the Jets rushing TD's their offense is scoring 20ppg compared to Miami at 18ppg. WOW.

Wow, blinded. I don't look at the last 2 drives as the only deciding factor of the game.

At this point, I will just stop the madness and agree to disagree.

He led his offenses to TOUCHDOWNS, the last 2 drives(the biggest of the game) were just part of the story.

Henne led his O to 3 FGs and 2 TDs, sanchez led his O to 4 TDs and 1 FG. Sanchez outplayed henne, yards are great but when those yards aren't leading to points they become meaningless.

Not to mention the STs giving Dirty a short field every freaking time that little fruit loop stepped on the field. I would like to know the difference in average field positions in that game, because I would again bet the house that NY had significantly better field position the whole game.

Its easy to look like a superstar when you only gotta lead your team 55 yards...:/ smh

Now the FP is the excuse?

In the Jets 5 scoring drives they started at:

NYJ 28 TD
NYJ 10 TD
NYJ 33
NYJ 20 TD
Mia 17

We had one drive w/ great FP due to the blocked punt

Miami 5 scoring drives:

Mia 24 TD
Mia 14
Mia 27 TD
Mia 25
NYJ 36

2 of our 3 TD drives were longer than your 2 TD drives.

lol, finally u realized that:lol:. it is better to be lucky than good though.

In all my years following the team we haven't had too much good luck so I'll take it any way I can get it.

Because you throw away certain stats all the time when making a point so I figured I would jump on board and he only thing tossing that int out does is makes Henne's rating better then Sanchez, every other stat I listed he lead Sanchez in anyway.

The difference in PPG isn't from the QB play, the Jets have 42 points off rushing TD's compared to Miami who has 7. If you take away all but one of the Jets rushing TD's their offense is scoring 20ppg compared to Miami at 18ppg. WOW.

Rushing TDs aren't set up from the passing game? Just b/c we ran it in Sanchez doesn't get credit? he was GREAT on the drive to give us the 8 pt lead against you which led to a 1 yd TD run(our 1st rushing TD of the season). Our other rush TDs have been from 1, 26(in garbage time), 23, 20 and 2.

Our QB is leading our offense to more points, our QB has been better so far. it's not really debateable.

Rushing TDs aren't set up from the passing game? Just b/c we ran it in Sanchez doesn't get credit? he was GREAT on the drive to give us the 8 pt lead against you which led to a 1 yd TD run(our 1st rushing TD of the season). Our other rush TDs have been from 1, 26(in garbage time), 23, 20 and 2.

Our QB is leading our offense to more points, our QB has been better so far. it's not really debateable.

I agree guys and I think the 3rd quarter of the packers game emphasizes the arguement. We dominated it but only put 3 points on the board. That has been a long time problem for the Pennington or Henne led Dolphins. The first half of the Patriots game, same thing. In the Jets game we went up nd down the field and kicked field goals, need to score TD's. Our offense has got to make teams pay on the scoreboard when they are dominating, the Jets do that. We will have more wins and less heart attack games once/if they start to do this.

Back
Top Bottom