Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff

Nothing we do is complimentary, on both sides. How do you expect to rely on a pass rush when you play off and soft zones? Ball comes out fast and a 5yrd catch turns into 15yrds on 3rd and 14, all season long. Soft zones in the middle with mediocre physical talent, Kiko, is and has been killing us all year yet we do nothing scheme wise to adjust.

Offensively we know there's going to be a heavy amount of blitzing and more men in the box but we don't negate that at all by going deep and taking a few shots just to show the opponent we could make a play. Instead it's get the ball to Landry two yards behind the los and hope he breaks 14 tackles for 8 yards.

Idk, this year blows and I can't wait to see what we do in the off-season

We could have had Zimmer, Del Rio, Coughlin and others...and we chose Gase. (The next Don Shula) LOL
Ross is easily persuaded.
Tannebaum doesn't want an alpha coach. He wants someone that can look up to him, not look at him as an equal.
It's all about Tannenbaum.

And this team had the audacity not to hire Mike Zimmer. Mike Zimmer is winning with freaking I forgot his name at quarterback and he is a defensive coach. I should be the GM.
Rick Spielman is a very underrated GM, wish he was still here.

Nothing we do is complimentary, on both sides. How do you expect to rely on a pass rush when you play off and soft zones? Ball comes out fast and a 5yrd catch turns into 15yrds on 3rd and 14, all season long. Soft zones in the middle with mediocre physical talent, Kiko, is and has been killing us all year yet we do nothing scheme wise to adjust.

Offensively we know there's going to be a heavy amount of blitzing and more men in the box but we don't negate that at all by going deep and taking a few shots just to show the opponent we could make a play. Instead it's get the ball to Landry two yards behind the los and hope he breaks 14 tackles for 8 yards.

Idk, this year blows and I can't wait to see what we do in the off-season

Only Miami would have a defense built to play with a lead but a offense that can’t get you a lead. Miami has played yet another game where they didn’t have a lead at all.

The statement of this article is true. I don’t think WR is the group you use to illustrate this fact. Do I want more out of Parker? Yes, but over all I’m sure this group is fine. If we had an oline that would allow them to run routes, and a qb that could throw to them with any consistency the job would get done. The fact is WR doesn’t control the game enough to even be on the radar for where this personal department has failed.

D-line and o line are high priced disasters, and determine champions. The amount of wasted draft picks and money between these two groups is why we are a joke, and have been. Keep telling the world that Suh is great and deserves 20+ million yet our defense keeps getting worse with him.

Corners are crucial to building a champion and ours are awful. We paid Maxwell 10 million to play in 1.5 games. Howard is a bust. Who knows about Tank, but he is struggling. Again a lot of recent draft picks, and a lot of money for 2 ints from the group.

Then of course QB. The most important position on any team. We wasted a draft pick on a ball boy, and have completely ignored the group for years dispite years of mediocrity. 35 million this season for a cancer, a guy that’s afraid of surgery, and guy who doesn’t have an NFL arm.

This is where this regime has failed us, and it’s why it will take awhile to rebuild.

I guess that explains why the Dolphins keep drafting wide receivers, including trading up for Carroo.

I love Parker's talent, but he has to be more productive and give more effort. Simply put, that's embarrassing.

Ross will likely sell the team within the next few years. Old man on deaths doorstep..lol
He made his profits for his estate, it will be time to move on.
A new owner could not be worse.

Ross will likely sell the team within the next few years. Old man on deaths doorstep..lol
He made his profits for his estate, it will be time to move on.
A new owner could not be worse.
Ross is working on a major project called Hudson Yards in NYC.it will take years to complete and is supposed to transform the landacape of the city. His focus may be secondary when it comes to the fins.

FO? How about the coaching staff? Gase signed off on the OL. He still insists Cutler can play. He thinks Parker has value. He has made questionable hires for assistants. At what point does it sink in that he is every bit a part of the problem?

Yep, there is talent on this team and young talent (granted it needs more). The big problem is there isn't an NFL caliber coaching staff to get them to their potential. The biggest indictment of the coaching staff is Miami is second to last in the NFL with 90 penalties and second to last with 34 pre-snap penalties. They are 30 in total plays. Seattle has the most penalties and pre-snap, but they also are second in total plays and almost 200 more than Miami. Poor attention to detail and a HC that is trying to be a HC and an OC and is failing at both. IF Gase is going to be successful he needs to surround himself with quality coaches and while he can have input on the offensive game plan and play calling he needs someone in there to do the bulk of it and take the responsibilities. If not he will be here one more season and then he will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom