Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

Just watched Philbin's presser, sorry I believe him. No way Philbin makes the claims he did without knowing he will have to back those statements up.

If Martin kept those voicemails to himself until Sunday, he did so purposely. Someone doesn't do that if they are really looking to resolve the situation.

I think this is just about Martin doing everything he can so he doesn't have to pay back any money.

I will be blunt though, based on all the posts and repeat posts I see a WHOLE lot of guys who would probably feel
much more fulfilled if they were watching soap operas every day. :d-day: :finnasty:

The presser was useless outside of Philbin saying Martin never told him anything about being bullied. What reason do you have for thinking Philbin is lying? Why lie? If he's lying wouldn't it get proved at some point?

I believe they could be lies because those words were put in Philbin's mouth by the Dolphins PR who had 24 hours to come up with a script.

All that needs to happen now is one small piece of evidence that Martin came to Philbin with his issues before going AWOL, even if it was 1 week before, and everybody is toast.

If this was all orchestrated by the Martin family and Philbin/Dolphins weren't aware of any of this, how can Martin win any lawsuits?

He's looking to avoid losing pay due to NFI. I wasn't aware that players on NFI get a significant pay reduction / lose a huge chunk of their salary. Once I was informed of that, the timing on this looks REALLY suspect.

It's weird, but I think Jon Martin probably really is caught in the middle of a situation he has absolutely no control over. That may be the one thing Richie Sr. was right about, even if he didn't realize he was saying it.

If he's lying it would get proven at some point. I don't think he's a ****ing moron that would pull a stunt like that.

I suspect Martin did approach Philbin with locker room issues, but didn't go into Incognito details.

Don't forget Philbin has much more to lose than Martin. Coaching reputation, livelihood, family etc. Just like human nature, you push someone into a corner, they will do everything to get out.

Philbin & co are undoubtedly distancing themselves away from responsibility (as anyone in any industry would) and choosing their words carefully - hence the limited amount of Q&A at the conference. "yes, Martin did meet me, but we never discussed Incognito."

If Philbin & co are found guilty of negligence then they would find it very hard to find a job in the NFL again.

I suspect Martin did approach Philbin with locker room issues, but didn't go into Incognito details.

Don't forget Philbin has much more to lose than Martin. Coaching reputation, livelihood, family etc. Just like human nature, you push someone into a corner, they will do everything to get out.

Philbin & co are undoubtedly distancing themselves away from responsibility (as anyone in any industry would) and choosing their words carefully - hence the limited amount of Q&A at the conference. "yes, Martin did meet me, but we never discussed Incognito."

If Philbin & co are found guilty of negligence then they would find it very hard to find a job in the NFL again.

If Martin came to him about issues then that information will hopefully come out. If Philbin did something about it and **** still went down, that's a different story.

clean house, fire everybody, time to start the process all over. Dissappointed in philbin. He should know whats going on in his locker room.

What should he have done differently?

as the head coach, part of your job is too always make sure there is a safe work place enviroment for everybody. He is the one with the power to dicispline players that get out of line. Incognito has always been a problem, constantly gettin in fights with rookies ect.... philbin should have a vibe of what the lockerroom is like but he doesnt, he has no clue whats been going on in his own lockerroom. Sparano was a terrible HC, but players were alot more disciplined than this under him. i supported philbin but this is dissappointing from joe.

Back
Top Bottom