Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

What specific info did they state? The texts and voicemails all came out late Sunday did they not? Yesterday?

Yes which is when Philbin said he found out but not from Martin himself in their face to face meetings but from a Martin rep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Do you not have access to the internet? Maybe you should spend a couple hours and catch up on all the info available regarding this situation and THEN make your opinions known.

The thing is, it's a bunch of different "sources" spewing different information. That's why it's the NFL that is investigating the locker room and not ESPN or NFL Network.

The thing is, it's a bunch of different "sources" spewing different information. That's why it's the NFL that is investigating the locker room and not ESPN or NFL Network.

The main guy we need to hear from is Martin, but I doubt we'll ever hear anything from him.

I'm just not going to buy what the Dolphins are trying to sell so easily either.

Honestly, I'm not sure. But, perhaps at least not the standard pat stuff. I think it was wrong as stated above.
When he said "JM never mentioned..." that was strange because it was mentioned earlier in the year it seems. He just seemed "all self-protection". Was he surprised later in the day when JT did mention stuff? He did not say he was surprised by it. He does not respond well when asked "if you have ever seen anything".

It would take me a while to write a presser for him. Who ever helped him I don't think did well "for him personally". He comes off as covering up.

It seems. So you're admitting that is speculation as well. Whose to say Philbin didn't "do anything about it" when Martin approached him in OTAs?

The main guy we need to hear from is Martin, but I doubt we'll ever hear anything from him.

I'm just not going to buy what the Dolphins are trying to sell so easily either.

There's a difference between not buying all the PR bull**** and calling Philbin a liar. Which you essentially are with your argument. Undeserved to say the least....

Do you not have access to the internet? Maybe you should spend a couple hours and catch up on all the info available regarding this situation and THEN make your opinions known.

No access to the internet. I'm responding to you through brain waves. WTF?

If you're as on top of the story as you think you are why don't you answer my question? The texts and voicemails came out Sunday did they not?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Yes which is when Philbin said he found out but not from Martin himself in their face to face meetings but from a Martin rep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

What other information did the media have last week then? Martin left the team but held meetings with Philbin yet didn't say a word to him about anything. I don't see what else Philbin was supposed to do. If Martin doesn't admit what Cog was doing to him, even if Philbin "found out some info from the media", is Philbin supposed to waterboard Martin in spilling the truth?

You know why we won't hear from Martin? Because this looks to be turning into a legal case, where agents or even lawyers are getting involved. If a man is in police custody, he's allowed to await council before saying anything. If the NFL is investigating, both parties probably agree that it's best to keep the information private until the NFL can make a determination of what exactly happened, whether Philbin and the staff was negligent, and what course of action to take.

The thing is, we still don't know. There's a lot of "information" but there's no device that has sifted through that information to give a timetable, and there isn't a lie detector to say whether Martin was holding this out for a while on purpose, or whether Philbin was negligent, or whether Incognito really is just an intolerable a-hole.

No access to the internet. I'm responding to you through brain waves. WTF?

If you're as on top of the story as you think you are why don't you answer my question? The texts and voicemails came out Sunday did they not?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

What other information did the media have last week then? Martin left the team but held meetings with Philbin yet didn't say a word to him about anything. I don't see what else Philbin was supposed to do. If Martin doesn't admit what Cog was doing to him, even if Philbin "found out some info from the media", is Philbin supposed to waterboard Martin in spilling the truth?

Good then you can look up the timeline yourself again and piece it together.

You can believe everything the Dolphins PR told Philbin to say if you want, but I'll wait to hear more before I believe either side.
A lot of things in that presser don't add up. Basically we are told to believe what they say is the truth regardless of what has happened.

This is nonsense. There is no way Philbin was aware of the voicemails and stuff until yesterday. Do you really think the organization would have come out and demanded an explanation and postured the way they did if they knew about this stuff? Get real. They were blindsided by this. Masterfully played by the Martin family.

You know why we won't hear from Martin? Because this looks to be turning into a legal case, where agents or even lawyers are getting involved. If a man is in police custody, he's allowed to await council before saying anything. If the NFL is investigating, both parties probably agree that it's best to keep the information private until the NFL can make a determination of what exactly happened, whether Philbin and the staff was negligent, and what course of action to take.

The thing is, we still don't know. There's a lot of "information" but there's no device that has sifted through that information to give a timetable, and there isn't a lie detector to say whether Martin was holding this out for a while on purpose, or whether Philbin was negligent, or whether Incognito really is just an intolerable a-hole.

Yep. Martin won't open his mouth because it can only hurt his case.

Good then you can look up the timeline yourself again and piece it together.

You can believe everything the Dolphins PR told Philbin to say if you want, but I'll wait to hear more before I believe either side.
A lot of things in that presser don't add up. Basically we are told to believe what they say is the truth regardless of what has happened.

You'll wait more to hear from either side yet cast stones at Philbin before doing so. Makes sense.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

This is nonsense. There is no way Philbin was aware of the voicemails and stuff until yesterday. Do you really think the organization would have come out and demanded an explanation and postured the way they did if they knew about this stuff? Get real. They were blindsided by this. Masterfully played by the Martin family.

Yep. Martin won't open his mouth because it can only hurt his case.

If this was all orchestrated by the Martin family and Philbin/Dolphins weren't aware of any of this, how can Martin win any lawsuits? It's one thing if the coaches knew about this and didn't act on it.

It seems. So you're admitting that is speculation as well. Whose to say Philbin didn't "do anything about it" when Martin approached him in OTAs?
If he did something about it then, then he can't be blind sided now.

You'll wait more to hear from either side yet cast stones at Philbin before doing so. Makes sense.

You mean that NOT buying every word they are selling is casting stones?

All I'm saying is that Dolphins presser was pretty useless and shows how much concern the Dolphins PR staff has.

If Joe says he had no idea, he should probably be fired.
If Joe said he knew what was going on, he should be fired

Why?

If Martin didn't decide to share the voice mail and txts with Philbin how can Philbin be held accountable? Some of you act like Cog and Martin weren't friendly towards each other after April.

Like many ppl have mentioned, very little of this adds up.

So what new things did we learn from that?

We learned that Martin left the team after the cafeteria altercation, and met with Joe that night. Joe thought that the meeting went well, and then out of the blue he got a call from Martin's lawyers citing player misconduct. Why wouldn't Martin be frank with Philbin during that meeting?

Because it was the idea of Martin's lawyer mom and dad

You mean that NOT buying every word they are selling is casting stones?

All I'm saying is that Dolphins presser was pretty useless and shows how much concern the Dolphins PR staff has.

The presser was useless outside of Philbin saying Martin never told him anything about being bullied. What reason do you have for thinking Philbin is lying? Why lie? If he's lying wouldn't it get proved at some point?

Back
Top Bottom