Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks

I agree with this. I believe Gase is convinced that Tannehill was becoming a very good QB. Gase does not want to give up on that. Maybe part of it is ego. Part of it might be an understanding that QBs are damn hard to find. I think if you asked Gase if a QB change is required for HIS offense to be successful, he'd say no F'n way. He said as much BEFORE Tannehill started clicking in his offense.

Gase believes in Tannehill. There are big needs on this team. They need their 1st round pick to be a difference maker in 2018.

Based on that, I don't expect a QB early in the draft and I do expect Tannehill to play well in 2018. I don't expect that to change the minds of some posters here.

I agree with everything you said. Tannehill does have a friendly contract ATM and with that I do not see anyone that we could draft starting over him if he enters training camp healthy. BUT, we have to draft a QB somewhere maybe in the 3rd or 4th simply to have a backup QB the coach believes in. This is going to be an interesting draft, interesting to see if the Team goes QB early or more of a developmental guy they like.

I agree with everything you said. Tannehill does have a friendly contract ATM and with that I do not see anyone that we could draft starting over him if he enters training camp healthy. BUT, we have to draft a QB somewhere maybe in the 3rd or 4th simply to have a backup QB the coach believes in. This is going to be an interesting draft, interesting to see if the Team goes QB early or more of a developmental guy they like.

Totally agree.

Unless RT gets hurt before April 26th, the bold part is the only one happening. And it should be that way.

I agree with this. I believe Gase is convinced that Tannehill was becoming a very good QB. Gase does not want to give up on that. Maybe part of it is ego. Part of it might be an understanding that QBs are damn hard to find. I think if you asked Gase if a QB change is required for HIS offense to be successful, he'd say no F'n way. He said as much BEFORE Tannehill started clicking in his offense.

Gase believes in Tannehill
. There are big needs on this team. They need their 1st round pick to be a difference maker in 2018.

Based on that, I don't expect a QB early in the draft and I do expect Tannehill to play well in 2018. I don't expect that to change the minds of some posters here.
Gase does believe in Tannehill, I agree. Or at least that's how it seems to me. I'm intrigued to see if there's a chance he drafts someone like Mayfield if he fell to us - maybe he's fallen in love with a QB in this draft class? It's also possible. My main reason for highlighting Gase here is ... Gase also believed in Cutler. So he makes mistakes too.

2nd highlighted part ... I really hope you're right! Let's hope the injury doesn't play a factor for him.

I don't know. I'd love to say I do. I've been one of Tannehill's biggest supporters...but are you sure he's here in 5 years?

Sure? Of course not. Anything can happen, but the team needs to do everything it can to improve the areas that are holding it back. QB isn't in the top five.

Back
Top Bottom