Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018

Rumor: CJ Anderson may be cut or put on the trade block by the Broncos. If true, I expect Miami to be the #1 suitor for his services, given his great relationship with Gase (they still talk regularly) and the fact that Miami already tried to get him from Denver once.

I'd be ok with that...great to pair with Drake.

Rumor: CJ Anderson may be cut or put on the trade block by the Broncos. If true, I expect Miami to be the #1 suitor for his services, given his great relationship with Gase (they still talk regularly) and the fact that Miami already tried to get him from Denver once.

No dead cap on CJ and he makes 4.5 million in 2017 and in 2018. He will get cut but they will call Miami for sure prior to doing so.

Yea to me that ship should of sailed tho. Deepest RB class I have seen and early day 3 you should easily be able to pick up a guy to compliment Drake and pay him under 3 million for the next 4 years.

If Miami is trying to save on cap, this is a move that cannot happen unless that price comes down . . . To around half . . . 2 years, 5 million.

Still draft a back to battle with Perry and Smith if u do make this move.

the way I see it: We went 6-10 with Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills. Last year we went 10-6 but barely won a few games. The only reason we beat the Browns is because their kicker Parkey missed 3 field goals. Thus, we should have gone 9-7 or even 8-8 last year. 11 million a year to make catches is not worth it to me. The Patriots won the super bowl with no-name receivers who can catch footballs, and two offensive linemen who made less than 2 million combined. What this franchise needs is an elite QB. Tannehill is a good QB, but I doubt he will ever be elite. I would rather part ways with Landry (or get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade) than keep spending and losing.

Patriots have a good coaching staff they always do more with less which is not very relevant to our situation

It's the top option if a deal cannot be reached. But that is a $16 million number that dents the cap immediately in 2018 so it isn't the ideal option Miami is seeking.

That said its there if needed and ultimately will get used if necessary.

We could do that and then start the negotiations for a longer term deal. That takes most teams out of the picture, so we don't get into a bidding war (and if we do, lowers the compensation since a first round pick would have to be included).

Patriots have a good coaching staff they always do more with less which is not very relevant to our situation

I think the Patriots have a great coach (Belicheck), not so much a good coaching staff. I don't think any of their coordinators have ever gone on to have success elsewhere?

Brady, Belichek, and Adams have been the constants. All the other players and coaches have been a revolving door.

No dead cap on CJ and he makes 4.5 million in 2017 and in 2018. He will get cut but they will call Miami for sure prior to doing so.

Yea to me that ship should of sailed tho. Deepest RB class I have seen and early day 3 you should easily be able to pick up a guy to compliment Drake and pay him under 3 million for the next 4 years.

If Miami is trying to save on cap, this is a move that cannot happen unless that price comes down . . . To around half . . . 2 years, 5 million.

Still draft a back to battle with Perry and Smith if u do make this move.

Him and Gase can work something out if he wants to me here, which I think he would. Im not trading for him though, heck no.

Him and Gase can work something out if he wants to me here, which I think he would. Im not trading for him though, heck no.
It's still amazing to me how Elway gets so much credit. He completely screwed up the CJ situation by not tendering him properly. Could have given him a 2nd round tender and they could have kept him for less than 1.5 million. Instead they match our offer sheet and pay him 6. This board should be calling for aTannenbaums head if he pulled that.

Don't make ANOTHER mistake JUST to cover up for a couple that were made last year. It's ridiculous. Paying Kiko and Branch $10M each only to let Landry walk is asinine. Especially when your motto is "pay your own". Landry was drafted here. Kiko and Branch were acquisitions. Bite the bullet and pay the man. There are lesser players that could be cut to make room.

People should really stop trying to compare franchises to NE. As much as it pains me to say....NO ONE has done what they have done in the history of the NFL.

C.J. Anderson’s been hurt a lot since he signed that Denver contract

Meh

We could franchise him, which we should do.

That would give us leverage if we resign him or at least compensation if we lose him.

Not really sure how that would work. Franchising him means $16 million is tied up against the cap immediately. That doesn't really help Miami. No one is going to sign him to a huge deal and give up much compensation as well. At this point, Miami has to know if they want him and if they have a chance to re-sign him. Tagging him probably hurts more than helps. He still holds the cards because they cannot trade him to a team he doesn't want to play for. He could just shrug and say sure, pay me the $16 million and I'll walk next year. Miami probably gets a third round comp pick by letting him walk this year. Tagging him with the intention of keeping him under the tag for 2018 is a non-starter. No way they pay him that much.

A few things: Brady didn't so much "win" the last 2 superbowls as Bevel and Shanahan lost them for Seattle and Atlanta!!! Just to put that into proper perspective.

I'd be okay with trading up for Baker Mayfield because that kid is a winner with the "It" factor who can inspire his teammates like he has at OK... but only because I'm concerned about Tannehill's knee giving out again, his former mobility being compromised, or another bad OL that caused him to piss blood for a few seasons and could finally do him in again (I blame Campbell's cheap shot for his ACL injury even more than the OL that first time).

Considering that even with the 30th ranked OL in 2016, from a clean pocket, Tannehill had the 4th best QBR (Prescott was 3rd and you know about Dallas' OL!), obviously a lot of FA and draft consideration should go to finally building at least an average, and a durable OL this off season IMO.

Not really sure how that would work. Franchising him means $16 million is tied up against the cap immediately. That doesn't really help Miami. No one is going to sign him to a huge deal and give up much compensation as well. At this point, Miami has to know if they want him and if they have a chance to re-sign him. Tagging him probably hurts more than helps. He still holds the cards because they cannot trade him to a team he doesn't want to play for. He could just shrug and say sure, pay me the $16 million and I'll walk next year. Miami probably gets a third round comp pick by letting him walk this year. Tagging him with the intention of keeping him under the tag for 2018 is a non-starter. No way they pay him that much.

Keep on mind as good as playing for $16 million on the tag sounds to Landry, he knows its just a 1 year deal and doesn't guarantee anything after it. He just watched OBJ suffer a horrible injury, he will try to seek as much guaranteed money as possible.

There is a great chance something can get worked out long term if he is tagged and its pretty typical that this happens. But their cap situation defintely doesn't help the situation.

Ideally he is already signed longterm before FA.

I think the Patriots have a great coach (Belicheck), not so much a good coaching staff. I don't think any of their coordinators have ever gone on to have success elsewhere?

Brady, Belichek, and Adams have been the constants. All the other players and coaches have been a revolving door.

There is no denying that Mcdanials is a very good oc the way he mixes and matches these players and Crennel has been a good dc for Houston turning that defense into a top one when healthy esp considering how bad the offense has been at times. I would also give Patrica credit on the defense although that is BB forte it is not a star studded unit yet they have been very stingy on points the past two years. Comparing that to the combo of clueless Burke and journeying before 40 Loggains or even Clyde Christianson is a losing prop

Back
Top Bottom