Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018

Keep on mind as good as playing for $16 million on the tag sounds to Landry, he knows its just a 1 year deal and doesn't guarantee anything after it. He just watched OBJ suffer a horrible injury, he will try to seek as much guaranteed money as possible.

There is a great chance something can get worked out long term if he is tagged and its pretty typical that this happens. But their cap situation defintely doesn't help the situation.

Ideally he is already signed longterm before FA.

No doubt. That's the limited positive Miami gains in tagging him. That said, tagging is a like a game of chicken and if Miami really wants to keep him they probably don't want to do this and risk being stuck with a disgruntled Jarvis. Use it as a last resort or as part of a tag and trade arrangement.

There is no denying that Mcdanials is a very good oc the way he mixes and matches these players and Crennel has been a good dc for Houston turning that defense into a top one when healthy esp considering how bad the offense has been at times. I would also give Patrica credit on the defense although that is BB forte it is not a star studded unit yet they have been very stingy on points the past two years. Comparing that to the combo of clueless Burke and journeying before 40 Loggains or even Clyde Christianson is a losing prop

I was referring to the Patriots assistants going on to become head coaches. Their track record is not exactly stellar. I don't think the Bill Belichek way has had much success outside of NE.

A few things: Brady didn't so much "win" the last 2 superbowls as Bevel and Shanahan lost them for Seattle and Atlanta!!! Just to put that into proper perspective.

A QB that leads 5 straight scoring drives to end the Super Bowl didn't so much win?

Please. Trying to bring Brady down doesn't make Tannehill better.

I would let Gase the QB guru pick his guy. If he is such a great QB coach he should be able to recognize talent and potential and draft his guy. Every yr until you find one!

He will be **** canned if the first one fails. I think he has his guy already here. We'll see!

I think the Patriots have a great coach (Belicheck), not so much a good coaching staff. I don't think any of their coordinators have ever gone on to have success elsewhere?

Brady, Belichek, and Adams have been the constants. All the other players and coaches have been a revolving door.

I agree! The Patriots over come everything, including a front 7 loaded with Jags, because they have a super elite Coach, QB and TE. That's it! They will rout Tennessee Sunday if Brady plays like Brady. Teams also play right into their hands like they've never seen them play before.

For example, If I'm the Titans I fully expect the Patriots to make Mariota beat them with Matthews, Davis and Decker. They will key in on stopping Henry and likely double Walker or take him away somehow. Unless you believe you O-line is so superior to NE's JAG loaded front 7 that you're going to crush loaded boxes all day why not create a game plan to have Mariota come out firing to the WR's right out of the gates. Maybe you don't trust him but what are the alternatives. If Brady plays well this is how I see it going:

1. Titans receive the kickoff.
2. 2 handoffs to henry into the loaded boxes, 3rd and 8-12
3. Pass when everyone know it's coming 4th down.
4. Punt
5. 7-0 Patriots
6. 2 handoffs to henry into the loaded boxes, 3rd and 8-12
7. Pass when everyone know it's coming 4th down.
8. Punt
9. 14-0 Patriots.

and so one and so forth then Tennessee will know they have to throw, TO's will pile up and the game will be out of hand. IMHO, the Titans need to attack NE with the passing game right out of the gates, but they won't. Teams play right into their hands. If I expect this what do you think Bill B. expects?

I was referring to the Patriots assistants going on to become head coaches. Their track record is not exactly stellar. I don't think the Bill Belichek way has had much success outside of NE.

I was referring to them as coaches not as head coaches

I agree! The Patriots over come everything, including a front 7 loaded with Jags, because they have a super elite Coach, QB and TE. That's it! They will rout Tennessee Sunday if Brady plays like Brady. Teams also play right into their hands like they've never seen them play before.

For example, If I'm the Titans I fully expect the Patriots to make Mariota beat them with Matthews, Davis and Decker. They will key in on stopping Henry and likely double Walker or take him away somehow. Unless you believe you O-line is so superior to NE's JAG loaded front 7 that you're going to crush loaded boxes all day why not create a game plan to have Mariota come out firing to the WR's right out of the gates. Maybe you don't trust him but what are the alternatives. If Brady plays well this is how I see it going:

1. Titans receive the kickoff.
2. 2 handoffs to henry into the loaded boxes, 3rd and 8-12
3. Pass when everyone know it's coming 4th down.
4. Punt
5. 7-0 Patriots
6. 2 handoffs to henry into the loaded boxes, 3rd and 8-12
7. Pass when everyone know it's coming 4th down.
8. Punt
9. 14-0 Patriots.

and so one and so forth then Tennessee will know they have to throw, TO's will pile up and the game will be out of hand. IMHO, the Titans need to attack NE with the passing game right out of the gates, but they won't. Teams play right into their hands. If I expect this what do you think Bill B. expects?

I think the Titans are about to run stone cold into the fact that Mike Mularkey is not a very good coach.

What I read was about $33M with some expected cuts.... If we are keeping Wake, I would re-sign Hayes. He won't cost much and he likes it here. Sign Landry, Michael Thomas, John Denney...make James an offer ($5.5M average).

2018 Cap Hits (typically lower in first year)

Landry: $10M
Hayes: $3M
Thomas: $1.9M
Denney: $1M

Total: $15.9M + $5M rookie cap = $20.9M

Take away another $5M if we can re-sign James.

$15M to fill out the roster and sign a few mid-tier FA's is about all we can do unless they want to cut Pouncey loose (recommended). No chance he plays two years in a row and he is in decline. Time to make a hard-nosed NE move and cut him unless he wants to take a pay cut. Nobody wants to pay him $9M for 10 games. He does not perform like the 6th highest paid center.

We also have to sign a veteran QB. I don't see any FA splashes this year. Thanks Mike (Branch, Alonso).

Not as bad as Hyde's article on LBs but we already knew all of that. I don't think we cut James. You either trade him or resign him. Yes, it would be awful to carry him at >$9M but I rather that than cut him.

Now Pouncey I'd cut but apparently Gase won't.

It's the top option if a deal cannot be reached. But that is a $16 million number that dents the cap immediately in 2018 so it isn't the ideal option Miami is seeking.

That said its there if needed and ultimately will get used if necessary.
Not worth 11 million - let him walk - use your money else where - that 11 to 16 million dollars buys us a linebackers - a stable of them - it buys offensive linemen - again a stable of them.

I'm not into Landry - let him make his career somewhere else.

There are few receivers worth that $ and frankly IMO Landry is a somewhat slow slot receiver with a hot head that creates stupid penalties. If I'm coach he would have been traded already - I'd let him walk.

He's not that good folks - not into him at all.

Back
Top Bottom