Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap.

PhinsTD said:
Miami is one of only four teams I believe to already be over the projected cap number for next year.

The cap situation here is not gonna get much better until we start to use the money better and jettison some high priced veterans and replace with cheaper, younger players who can give near the same results or better. Like the Eagles and Pats do.

The Pats are almost always up against the cap...

HysterikiLL said:
Unbelievable....How do the Eagles manage to stay about three times over that cap more than anyone else? The closest anyone gets to them is the Texans who are 4.8 million less in pocket

Its because they have the greatest front office and cap management in the NFL. They dont overpay for players. Sam Madison and Reggie Howard make more than the ENTIRE Philly PROBOWL secondary. Makes you want to throw up huh? Reggie Howard and Sam Madison or Sheppard, Brown, Lewis and Dawkins? :lol:

Thats like choosing a toolshed over a waterfront mansion.

They had the ability to sign ANYONE they wanted this offseason, even with the TO trouble and Westbrook possibly holding out. Edge, Alexander, Corey Simon, you name him, ANYONE who was on the market.

They have a great system and it works and they flat out dont overpay for players.

SF Dolfan said:
Actually, I just remebered what it is. There's a loophole where if you have extra cap room, say 3M, you can add some kind of escalators or unlikely to be reached incentives that bring you up to the cap limit. I guess we could say Gus get 3M for 50 TD passes or something. At the end of the year, teams get credited the unearned portion back to their next year's cap. The risk would be that you push yourself to the cap limit. I'll try to find an article.

I read something like that when I was reading up on cap space earlier this year (with the whole Surtain situation looming).

We should definately look into adding some of the likely to be earned bonus's for this year. We may be in some trouble next year and adding say a 1.5 million cushion would be a nice way to cut some of it down. On the other hand with so many people signed to 1 year deals there is no way we are already over the cap. Didnt Madison say that he would take a pay cut so he could retire a Dolphin....Time to step up bro!

Philter25 said:
Its because they have the greatest front office and cap management in the NFL. They dont overpay for players. Sam Madison and Reggie Howard make more than the ENTIRE Philly PROBOWL secondary. Makes you want to throw up huh? Reggie Howard and Sam Madison or Sheppard, Brown, Lewis and Dawkins? :lol:

That's because some of those guys are still on their rookie contracts. Trust me 1 or 2 of those boys "Will" be paid by Philly or another team.

VanDolPhan said:
That's because some of those guys are still on their rookie contracts. Trust me 1 or 2 of those boys "Will" be paid by Philly or another team.

Actually I read on KFFL.com that the Eagles had started working on long term contracts for a couple of them.

Well after all that I was impressed with philly's 12 mil under, this a possible SB team we're talking, with a 2 players who wanted more money ane neither one got jack..that's a tough front office and now they set to do whatever they want.

SF Dolfan said:
Actually, I just remebered what it is. There's a loophole where if you have extra cap room, say 3M, you can add some kind of escalators or unlikely to be reached incentives that bring you up to the cap limit. I guess we could say Gus get 3M for 50 TD passes or something. At the end of the year, teams get credited the unearned portion back to their next year's cap. The risk would be that you push yourself to the cap limit. I'll try to find an article.

Does that mean... that if Ronnie Brown has a terrible year (hypothetically speaking) is it possible the Dolphins might have some extra cash lying around if those incentives were not achieved?!?!:confused:

Dudeman said:
also Wildbill refused to believe Florio's #s to be correct, yet he was extrememly close...........

PFT does have their sources Mr. Skeptic!

btw, these were posted days before Clayton's...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/september1caproom.htm

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=94145
when you sling it you really sling it. What are you PFT website defender?:lol: Also Clumpy's numbers do not include the dead cap space, etc from these last rounds of cuts. When clumpy updates his stuff, I doubt there will be that much difference between his numbers and anyone elses.

VanDolPhan said:

Their CBs were extended onto 2010 if I recall and Michael Lewis is still on his rookie contract.

Michael Lewis WILL be extended sometime this year. Even without Lewis on their Roster, Sheppard and Brown are on their second contracts with Philly and Madison makes more than they do this year. :shakeno:

The only player in the Philly secondary who wont be there til 2010 is Dawkins.... and thats because he should retire by then. Lewis and Westbrook will be signed to extensions this year. Its just how Philly works.

Wildbill3 said:
when you sling it you really sling it. What are you PFT website defender?:lol: Also Clumpy's numbers do not include the dead cap space, etc from these last rounds of cuts. When clumpy updates his stuff, I doubt there will be that much difference between his numbers and anyone elses.

not at all, but you were so sure that PFT was off the mark completely....thats all

Dudeman said:
not at all, but you were so sure that PFT was off the mark completely....thats all
I just don't care to use them as a reference, after all the stuff they have pulled the last few years, I prefer to wait until a second source shows up with the "offical" info. But if you are cool with PFT that's cool. ;)

Wildbill3 said:
I just don't care to use them as a reference, after all the stuff they have pulled the last few years, I prefer to wait until a second source shows up with the "offical" info. But if you are cool with PFT that's cool. ;)

I read PFT as purely entertainment. They do put some effort behind their stories, and they come up with very ingenious ways of injecting satire into them.

Dudeman said:
I read PFT as purely entertainment. They do put some effort behind their stories, and they come up with very ingenious ways of injecting satire into them.
hmmm, I don't have time to surf PFt, what with all the time I spend on FH.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom