Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap.

We could save a lot of $$$$ by cutting Olindo Mare....he is not worth what we are paying him...I dont think he is even a top 25 kicker (based on fantasy football numbers :lol: ).

Dudeman said:
Its Taylor's, Thomas', Madison's, Howard's, and Mare's cap #s that are so high.

That says to me that Howard is going to get squeezed next year (if not cut), that Madison is a goner, and that Mare will be squeezed or will be gone. I suggest this without looking at the cap page...let's see what I can figure out from that:

Yep, Howard looks like a good candidate to do something about next year with that fat $2m base salary.

Sam looks to be a bit trickier with that $3.5 million salary but with what looks to be like a lot of signing bonus that would accelerate. The same thing goes for Mare -- his bonuses look to be as big as his salary is, and he is signed through 2009.

Dudeman said:
no, Clumpy was wrong.....he even has the wrong cap limit on his page

Clumpy does it as a hobby though, and he doesn't get paid for it, so thats cool

He or Muck seems to have transposed two numbers but the Dolphins had a $1.048 million credit adjustment from the 2004 season. This increases the 2005 $85.5 million salary cap for the Dolphins to $86.548 million.

As for the salary cap numbers, they can only be as accurate as the information given. If there was an inside league source every number would be accurate. Since mostly public information is used the numbers can only be as accurate as the information given.

Some journalists round up, some down, all the information is never given and some flat out give wrong information. Considering the circumstances being off $2.5 to $3 million on total Team Salary is not bad.

Dudeman said:
no, Clumpy was wrong.....he even has the wrong cap limit on his page

Clumpy does it as a hobby though, and he doesn't get paid for it, so thats cool

Teams are given an adjusted salary cap. The $85.5 million is the "unadjusted" salary cap

Back
Top Bottom