Miami likely to get a compensatory pick in 2013 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami likely to get a compensatory pick in 2013

Honestly I am not going to get worked up over CK copying and pasting my post as his own on another Dolphins message board. I don't know what site this happened on nor do I really have the desire to try and search it out. This is the largest Dolphins fan site on the internet so I know my thread reached more users than any "rival" website. If CK wants to use my posts on other message boards, that is up to him, I can't stop him. I guess it is flattering? Anyways, I am not going to really make a big deal about it or investigate the allegation further than what was revealed in this thread.

Honestly I am not going to get worked up over CK copying and pasting my post as his own on another Dolphins message board. I don't know what site this happened on nor do I really have the desire to try and search it out. This is the largest Dolphins fan site on the internet so I know my thread reached more users than any "rival" website. If CK wants to use my posts on other message boards, that is up to him, I can't stop him. I guess it is flattering? Anyways, I am not going to really make a big deal about it or investigate the allegation further than what was revealed in this thread.

There's no need to go far to investigate. I posted exactly what I posted over there right here inside this thread. Look at it as you wish. I copied a list of 6 players and edited it using information that I gathered on my own, and then posted it as like the 35th post down in a thread that someone else created. I did nothing wrong whatsoever.

EDIT: My apologies, your list included 7 players. I pared it down to the 5 players that actually matter.

Without a horse in this race, I'd like to point out that all that was copied was the table of data. No analysis or thoughts of Nublars was posted.

I was actually hoping for something a lot juicier when I went looking for it :)

Without a horse in this race, I'd like to point out that all that was copied was the table of data. No analysis or thoughts of Nublars was posted.

Well, I thank you for at least being objective. The entire issue reeks of personal vendetta anyway. Doesn't matter, no skin off my nose.

Well, I thank you for at least being objective. The entire issue reeks of personal vendetta anyway. Doesn't matter, no skin off my nose.

Non issue to me. Also, good job on Nublar getting the data out there too!

30294516-1.jpg

What's ironic is that I'm generally sensitive to this issue since it has happened to me so often.

There is a poster here, I honestly forget which one, he was an "official" this or that, newshound maybe or something like that (not Robi). Might've even been a mod. I believe twice he took the entire body of text I wrote in an original post on a different message board (we're talking 1,000+ words of original prose) and posted it in here, changing around the wording to make it first person and make it seem like he wrote it. This guy usually just posts threads with links to news articles so when I launched complaints that's generally how it was excused...but the full text was copied and words were specifically changed to make it first person.

Aside from that, one of our Draft Winds pieces was ripped off by Armando Salguero and we actually had to get the Sun Sentinel to flex some legal muscle as Salguero's editor was threatening to sue us for these untrue accusations of plagiarism (that were actually true).

I also got ripped off by ThePhinsider.com once. That wasn't very nice.

Anyway, my apologies if it came off like I was ripping anyone off. I certainly was not.

wow... this was almost nostalgic for me in a way... took me back to the heated ryan mallet debates I used to read on here that year he was drafted.

loved the pic message of it escalating quickly or however it was worded... I even snorted when I was laughing from when I read that.. hahaha....

thanks for the laugh guys!! PEACE

I am totally down with a 4th, especially in this draft. This could equal someone fairly good.

If we lose Jake, Smith, and Hartline, we could be up for a few in 2014, one should be a 3rd at the very least!!

Back
Top Bottom