Miami likely to get a compensatory pick in 2013 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami likely to get a compensatory pick in 2013

The site listed below projects that the Dolphins will get a 4th for Langford and apparently they were very accurate the year before in their projections, so let's hope they are accurate for us this year as well.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

It seems like he made an error in his projection of the Langford pick. According to the rule on the basis of what round the pick falls under "The round of the pick awarded is primarily determined by the annual value of the contract signed."

Third Rounders
M.Williams - 6yr $96M; $16M annual value
B.Carr - 5yr $50.1M; $10.2M
C.Finnegan - 5yr $50M; $10M

Fourth Rounders
E.Wright - 5yr $37.5M; $7.5M
B.Grubbs - 5yr $36M; $7.2M
M.Flynn - 3yr $19.5M; $6.5M
K.Langford - 6yr $24M; $4M is really 4yr $24M; $6M (corrected contract #s)
J.Morgan - 2yr $11.5M; $5.75M
C.Lofton - 5yr $27.5M; $5.5M

Fifth Rounders
J.Johnson - 4yr $19M; $4.75M
J.Jones - 1yr $4.5M; $4.5M

Sixth Rounders (Top few only)
J.Allen - 2yr $8.2M; $4.1M
A.Ross - 3yr $9.75M; $3.25M
S.Satele - 3yr $10.8M; $3.6M

Last edited by a moderator:
Langford signed a 4 year deal, which puts him in the 4th round range.

multiple picks in three of the first four rounds will be just filthy!!!! hope this is true.

Yeah..... that all depends on who is making the selections. If we end up with Tedd Ginn 2, a couple Egnews, and a Daniel Thomas it doesn't really matter.

But this year i am doing my best to stay positive so woooooooooooo!!! Lets go Jeff! Any idiot should be able to hit on atleast one of these picks!

I read that they announce the Comp picks today.... Any info?

Miami got a 5th and 7th. Langford was a push due to Marshall, Henne brought in the 5th, and Allen brought in the 7th.

Back
Top Bottom