Miami should sign Jimmy Graham | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami should sign Jimmy Graham

I bet Jimmy Graham comes to Miami. He owns a home here in the 305 and lives here during the offseason. Once he hears Gase's pitch, he will be enticed. The offense will improve dramatically next year with Tannehill and Graham here.

I bet Jimmy Graham comes to Miami. He owns a home here in the 305 and lives here during the offseason. Once he hears Gase's pitch, he will be enticed. The offense will improve dramatically next year with Tannehill and Graham here.
But only at the right price. We can't afford to overpay for a guy whose form appears to have declined. I'm more supportive of finding talent in the Draft, eg the Wisconsin TE with the missing digit, Troy Fumagalli. Seems to inspire players around him - very popular and enjoys his football.

Last edited:
wait... assume another out-of-this-world contract, when you can look for fresher-younger-hungrier in the draft.

wanting Jimmy (as much as i’d love him, and as much as i love The U), is why they call this the ‘silly season’.

I'm a fan of Graham and I think he has something real left in the tank. I also think that the Dolphins will pursue him aggressively for a few reasons.

1. We keep hearing from reporters connected to the team that Miami has plans to free up a lot of salary cap space. You don't look to free up a lot of cap space unless you're planning to add to the team in free agency.

2. Splash signing. The dolphins love splash signings.

3. The Jimmy Sexton connection.

He'd be an immediate upgrade to the Dolphins offense, but would it be the best move for the team? Really not sure about that. I like the idea of the Dolphins taking a year off from being big free agency spenders to absorb the full impact of a few questionable contracts and create a good and flexible cap situation going forward past 2018. He's also not getting any younger.

Do I think Miami will pursue him? Yeah. Do I think we should? Guess I'd have to say no.

The splash doesn't win you any games during the regular season. They need to stop the insanity. We got an older Timmons and did that work? We got an older Thomas and how did that work? Why do we have to keep on making the same kinds of moves when they never seem to work for us? Draft a freaking TE and get it over with

Ozzy rules!!

The splash doesn't win you any games during the regular season. They need to stop the insanity. We got an older Timmons and did that work? We got an older Thomas and how did that work? Why do we have to keep on making the same kinds of moves when they never seem to work for us? Draft a freaking TE and get it over with

Ozzy rules!!

If Graham is willing to come to Miami for a hometown discount? Sign me up right now. If Graham wants to make one last huge payday before he hangs 'em up? I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.

That's how I feel about it, and I hope the team feels the same way.

Jimmy Graham would be a typical TBaum move. You'd have to overpay and lose Landry in the process. Prediction if signed: spends significant time on injured list, has a few decent games and doesn't make an overall impact on the Dolphins season.

Nothing like picking up an old guy who has not produced so much recently as he enters the bottom end of his career.

Yes, it is possible that the Seattle system has something to do with him producing decent, but not great stats. It is also possible that the only reason he was so good in New Orleans was the system and the QB there.

I don't think you pay top dollar, which he will likely demand, on that roll of the dice. We just went down that road.

You do realize Graham lead all tight ends with 10 tds
and was tied for second in the NFL if you want to add wide receivers to the list?

Those 10 tds were more than Drake,Williams.Grant,Gray,Perry,Parker
Carroo, combined or the same as Stills,Parker,and Thomas combined

If the price was right I'd be in but the price will not be rigth so I say draft a TE early enough that he can have a big enough role and lets keep him for at least 5 years

Ozzy rules!!

If the price was right I'd be in but the price will not be rigth so I say draft a TE early enough that he can have a big enough role and lets keep him for at least 5 years

Ozzy rules!!
Lol unless your a QB, or sh*tty OG, they don't last past 4 around here it seems like.

Well to be fair, the Dolphins wanted to retain Dion Sims and Charles Clay.

Both got offered deals that overpaid them pretty significantly. They were smart to take those contracts, and Miami was smart to reluctantly let them walk away.

If Jawuan James is gone and Fasano isn't under contract, better find a TE that can block. Jimmy Graham can't block for ****. If you sign Graham you will still need to sign another TE.

Actually the fa tight end I'm intrested in has had a slow start to his career and has sat out 2017 with an injury, but he could be signed cheaply and if healthy I think he could be a very good tight end. Crockett Gilmore of the Ravens. GIlmore, Gray, Derby and a rookie would work for me.

Another good option would be Maxx Williams in Baltimore.

Back
Top Bottom