MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!!

brech10 said:
I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from on much of your points. however, there are several lifelong, loyalist of the Miami Dolphins (i consider myself one, i have never wavered) who don't fit the stereotype in which you build of dolphin fans. i quoted you in a few instances above because you bounce between declaring yourself a die hard dolphin, calling the team "my Miami Dolphins", then criticizing the fans by calling us "you Miami fans". i feel like that is the flaw in this post. The Dolphins represent the city of Miami... have for years. You can't love the team then bash the majority of the fan base while seperating yourself as a good "non-miami dolphin"

That's exactly the same problem I had with his post, but he stated that "most would agree with" him. :confused:

JJ777 said:
Im a Finfan in NY. And only reason why I have to partially agree is because I cant remember when it was but I recall one game in Miami when the Jets went down there and beat the Fins and you could hear the J-E-T-S chant all throughout the stadium. I watched in disgust and couldnt believe that was going on in the Fin home stadium. That would and could NEVER happen in NY. Ive been to a couple of Fin/Jets games here in NY and tho you get plenty of Miami fans no way could that ever happen. Whats up with that???

Jets fans are more eager to leave their hellholes in NY than Miami fans to go up north.... everyone wants to come down south. Florida is synonomous with vacation.

PhinPhan1227 said:
Here are the attendance figures...Miami gets a bad rap it doesn't deserve.

These figures are sorted by Average 2002 Attendance.

Team Stadium Capacity Average 2002 Attendance %
Redskins FedEx Field 86,484 80,494 93.10
Giants Giants Stadium 79,469 78,651 97.80
Jets Giants Stadium 80,242 78,602 98.90
Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium 79,451 78,188 98.40
Broncos Invesco Field at Mile High 76,125 75,613 99.30
Browns Cleveland Browns Stadium 73,300 73,287 100.00
Dolphins Pro Player Stadium 75,192 73,190 97.30

Dude you have way too much free time! How about 2003 stats are they available?

brech10 said:
I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from on much of your points. however, there are several lifelong, loyalist of the Miami Dolphins (i consider myself one, i have never wavered) who don't fit the stereotype in which you build of dolphin fans. i quoted you in a few instances above because you bounce between declaring yourself a die hard dolphin, calling the team "my Miami Dolphins", then criticizing the fans by calling us "you Miami fans". i feel like that is the flaw in this post. The Dolphins represent the city of Miami... have for years. You can't love the team then bash the majority of the fan base while seperating yourself as a good "non-miami dolphin"

You and many others have misinterpreted the post. For 1 I was talking to the Miami based media, and alot of people who post threads on this website and other Miami dolphin forums. Also I have notice the same public opinion about alot of Miami based pro sports (Marlins,Heat,Dolphins).

So for 1 I can say "my Miami Dolphins" because thats how I feel, in some instances I will say "our Miami Dolphins" this is just not one of those times.

The reason why I say "you Miami Fans" is because I am not just talking about Dolphin fans. I am talking about Maimi fans at the entire pro level, and I am talking about the fans that reside in Miami, and the media that comes out of Miami. I am neither the media in Miami, or reside in Miami so I can not say "we".

And lastly I can very much love the team, and hate the entire fan base. I didn't come to loving this team because of the fan base. Now I'm not saying I hate anybody on here or anywhere else that is a dolphin fan. I'm just saying its possible. :cooldude:

Thanks for the response though.

ptmn said:
This guys a piece of crap, you are the type of fan that give us REAL Dolfans a bad name. You should go route for the JETS New Yorker, I'm sick of people degrading the fans around here in Florida. The reason we are so upset is because look at the FRONT OFFICE decisions. That is why I ridicule the dolphins because some of the **** we do is so F'd up. But go be a New York fan nobody that's a real Dolphin fan needs your bull ****.

One of the worst second post I've ever read. :roflmao:

If not the worst. ;)

JJ777 said:
Im a Finfan in NY. And only reason why I have to partially agree is because I cant remember when it was but I recall one game in Miami when the Jets went down there and beat the Fins and you could hear the J-E-T-S chant all throughout the stadium. I watched in disgust and couldnt believe that was going on in the Fin home stadium. That would and could NEVER happen in NY. Ive been to a couple of Fin/Jets games here in NY and tho you get plenty of Miami fans no way could that ever happen. Whats up with that???

I bet you no one would be able to answer that.

But I am getting bashed and being called a piece of crap and all kinds of idiots, but the sad point is, even if I'm not 100% right and hitting it on the head, some of the things I'm saying is true.

Guess the truth does hurt :cry:

But that is true, Pro Player Stadium is one of the most friendly un-itimidating stadiums to play in across the NFL. Ask anyone. Especially for a team that is used to a winning record and making the playoffs. Thats crazy.

Thanks for the support bud.

RICKYSABEAST said:
The one guy I like is this Ethan Cohen for sun-sentinel he seems to genuinely like the 'phins and I believe is a hometown guy.

Isn't it Andy Cohen? :confused:

goldfish said:
Jets fans are more eager to leave their hellholes in NY than Miami fans to go up north.... everyone wants to come down south. Florida is synonomous with vacation.

Yea that explains why JET fans can come down there and be louder then dolphin fans at your own stadium!!! Please save it. Thats the lamest reason I've heard.

If that was even the case then the jet fans still shouldn't be louder then dolphin fans because the game is in Miami's back yard, not New yorkers backyard. So no one has to leave their home but a New Yorker.

And I've been to florida a few times, dont flatter yourself too much about vacations homie. There is far better vacation spots to go to. Not to many cities are better then NEW YORK. And if there is any city it might be across seas, but everyone loves New York.

DolFinatic718 said:
Yea that explains why JET fans can come down there and be louder then dolphin fans at your own stadium!!! Please save it. Thats the lamest reason I've heard.

If that was even the case then the jet fans still shouldn't be louder then dolphin fans because the game is in Miami's back yard, not New yorkers backyard. So no one has to leave their home but a New Yorker.

And I've been to florida a few times, dont flatter yourself too much about vacations homie. There is far better vacation spots to go to. Not to many cities are better then NEW YORK. And if there is any city it might be across seas, but everyone loves New York.

First of all you seem to forget that so many "I love NY'ers" move to the sun in South Florida. But since NY is soooooo great, I guess they all moved here just so they can irritate us Floridians right? And for that matter, South Florida is a town full of transplants from across the world! So all these Jets fans your saying that "Come down Here" actually live here!!!!

And until you start flying down to Miami, attending every single game, To show us how to be "REAL FANS" might I say that your no better, and should be considered even a WORSE fan that us, "the worst fans in football".......

The Miami Dolphins have a local, diehard fanbase of around 69,000 fans, and the stadium hold 75,000, so I suggest you buy some tickets, and stop complaining. Your no better a fan than any of us.

And the MEDIA is by far, worse on their teams in New York, and they rub off the exact same way to the NY fans.

:shakeno:

DolFinatic718 said:

Not everyone loves New York. I don't love New York, and I've been to a lot of cities that are better. I hate it how some people think that everyone has the same opinion as them. Just because you love something doesn't mean that everyone else does.

And Jet fans aren't louder then Dolphins fans in games in Miami. They had one game a few years ago where they were killing us and they did their stupid chant. There are a lot of Jets fans in Miami, and they go to the Jets/Dolphins game every year. That's why you hear the chant.

iceblizzard69 said:
Not everyone loves New York. I don't love New York, and I've been to a lot of cities that are better. I hate it how some people think that everyone has the same opinion as them. Just because you love something doesn't mean that everyone else does.

And Jet fans aren't louder then Dolphins fans in games in Miami. They had one game a few years ago where they were killing us and they did their stupid chant. There are a lot of Jets fans in Miami, and they go to the Jets/Dolphins game every year. That's why you hear the chant.

I've got news for you, some of those Jet fans that are in the stadium cheering for the Jets are cheering for the Dolphins when a NY team is not playing the Miami Dolphins in their stadium.

A lot of Miami Dolphin fans like the Dolphins 2nd best. A lot of the season ticket holder base are transplants and only get Miami Dolphin season tickets so they can see NFL games where they now live.

Oliver...

Ozzy said:
First of all you seem to forget that so many "I love NY'ers" move to the sun in South Florida. But since NY is soooooo great, I guess they all moved here just so they can irritate us Floridians right? And for that matter, South Florida is a town full of transplants from across the world! So all these Jets fans your saying that "Come down Here" actually live here!!!!

And until you start flying down to Miami, attending every single game, To show us how to be "REAL FANS" might I say that your no better, and should be considered even a WORSE fan that us, "the worst fans in football".......

The Miami Dolphins have a local, diehard fanbase of around 69,000 fans, and the stadium hold 75,000, so I suggest you buy some tickets, and stop complaining. Your no better a fan than any of us.

And the MEDIA is by far, worse on their teams in New York, and they rub off the exact same way to the NY fans.

:shakeno:

I will assume you haven't read my previous post.

Making a home game doens't make you any better or worst of a fan. If something is a inconvenience for you to make then how does it make you worse of a fan. Making a home game is just something I haven't had the enjoyment to do, even though I have tried.

I didn't say that me personally was better then anybody that live in Miami, I simply said I am a New Yorker stating his opinion.

Relax.

Dont be mad because I made good points about the media constantly bashing Miami teams. Its the truth. And all I hear is complaining all the time from the fans.

This thread was not about who has the better teams. We could talk about that and give our own opinions and I would say New York is better then alot of places in that category. But thats another thread. :cooldude:

You are kinda lost my friend.....
First of all how would you know who's louder in OUR stadium? You've never been here!!!!! Secondly, who cares who's a louder fan? (NY'ers are obnoxious anyway, but I'm SURE you would argue that.....)

I'm sure there are better vacation spots, but we aren't talking about other vacation spots here. We are talking about NY'ers coming down to S. FL to get away from the beloved NY! You don't give me any explanation for why all of you NY'ers leave such a splendid city for other areas.

I'd bet that your parents/grandparents are down here now. Or atleast come down here seasonally.... I personally wish that every NY'er would stay in NY. It would make my life 100% better and they could rant and rave amongst each other about how they love NY!!!!!

Sure everyone loves NY..... they just don't want to live there.

Furthermore.... your whole "observation" about the media/local fans being the worst is really without merit. The media is like that in ALL hometowns. You can't possibly think that all of the media in NY agree with all of the Jets/Giants decisions. That's what the media is there for.... to second-guess and elicit different opinions.

That's the same thing with the fans.... like it or lump it. So why bash the dolphins, being that they are your team? You come here and bash the local fans because you think we are without spirit or something of that nature and expect us to agree with you?
I think you need to rethink/restate your opinions.......

Now I've stated my opinion WITHOUT calling you any names or demeaning your character.......

DolFinatic718 said:

goldfish said:
You are kinda lost my friend.....
First of all how would you know who's louder in OUR stadium? You've never been here!!!!! Secondly, who cares who's a louder fan? (NY'ers are obnoxious anyway, but I'm SURE you would argue that.....)

I'm sure there are better vacation spots, but we aren't talking about other vacation spots here. We are talking about NY'ers coming down to S. FL to get away from the beloved NY! You don't give me any explanation for why all of you NY'ers leave such a splendid city for other areas.

I'd bet that your parents/grandparents are down here now. Or atleast come down here seasonally....

Sure everyone loves NY..... they just don't want to live there.

If you would of bet you would of lost your money.

Miami is a cheap vacation. Anybody looking to spend real money will not go to florida. Give me a break.

People leave NYC because it is expensive. Alot more then Florida, thats why buddy. Ny is still hands down better then Miami.

Who controls the sports world? Ny
Where do people looking to make it in the spotlight go? Ny
Who controls the music industry? Ny
Come on dont be mad

I've been to Miami a few times and when I want a cheap vacation I go there. But when I want to do it big I go to London, which I have done also. So dont flatter yourself about Miami.

Back
Top Bottom