MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!!

deathdisco said:
You have a lot of valid points, I dont think Miami has the worse fans I just think the real crappy ones make all the noise, but there are a lot of diehard fans who love our beloved team and dont bash them for every move, but if you went by what you read on the messageboards and watched miami media I can see where you are comming from.

Miami isnt a sports town, neither are a lot of cities, I mean miami has the worse sports radio on the earth, WQAM is just god aweful.

Worst in America may have been a bit of an exaggeration :D but you get the idea. :cooldude:

DolFinatic718 said:
But I must say that you Miami fans are by far the worst!!!!! :roflmao:

NY based Dolphin fan signing off!!! ;)

First off I can't believe that by living in NY, you seemed to miss how the media is the exact same, if not worse, especially the Post!

And I also think you missed the fact that way before last season there was a threat to sell the Marlins. You know the team that average nearly 30,000 fans a game until the strike, the very same team that had a huge fire sale after a world series, then the threats to move.

BTW maybe you should go to a few other football teams sites, like the Bills, and well you know, the teams that did not make the playoffs, and then come back and tell us they're better fans!

Sorry man, I know you probably meant no harm in that post, so don't take this like I do, but what I've found about a lot of NY'ers is they think their the smartest mammals on earth, and that their doo doo don't stink.

P U

:roflmao:

nyrican said:
If I say that NYC is the greatest city in the world and mean it does not make me an Idiot ....

If it was the greatest city, you NEVER would have left.
All you guys are all the same.
I love S. Florida. Though it has it's shortcomings like anyplace else, I believe there is no better place to live...... Hence that's why I LIVE HERE and not somewhere else that I think isn't the greatest place. If I chose to move from here and told everyone where I moved to that Miami is the "greatest city on earth" yet I left, I'd expect them to think I was a complete tool as well.

Lets face it, you left NY to come here so you must have thought this was a better place to live or.... you just wanted to torture yourself? You gave up NY for Lent? You didn't feel you were worthy of the "greatest city on earth"? You were hired by the tourist board of NY to move here and annoy the heck out of everyone in S. Florida by wearing your I love NY shirts everywhere you go? Getting close on any of these?
:goof:

Miami has plenty of diehard fans, why are Miami fans the worst? Is it because we expect alot out of them because they have the talent to do better? or is it because of the few finfans that are bandwagon fans? every team has some fans that are bandwagon fans but not every team has diehard fans, like the Bengal fans Where were they a couple of years ago? and now all of the sudden they are back? the only true Bengal fan is Boomer on the cbs pregame show and Miami has some of the best fans is my opinion. Why would a Dolphin fan say Miami has the worst fans? Makes you think...

Trekbiz said:
If it was the greatest city, you NEVER would have left.
All you guys are all the same.
I love S. Florida. Though it has it's shortcomings like anyplace else, I believe there is no better place to live...... Hence that's why I LIVE HERE and not somewhere else that I think isn't the greatest place. If I chose to move from here and told everyone where I moved to that Miami is the "greatest city on earth" yet I left, I'd expect them to think I was a complete tool as well.

Lets face it, you left NY to come here so you must have thought this was a better place to live or.... you just wanted to torture yourself? You gave up NY for Lent? You didn't feel you were worthy of the "greatest city on earth"? You were hired by the tourist board of NY to move here and annoy the heck out of everyone in S. Florida by wearing your I love NY shirts everywhere you go? Getting close on any of these?
:goof:

know lets see NYC THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD... now that is a fact jack ... once again buddy boy if I choose to live here or in the middle of the country does not change the FACT THAT NYC IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD......

well grasshopper, As a Navy Vet I have been to Spain, Italy, France, Africa, Isreal, and so forth and NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO NYC ... so by being a NAVY VET I can choose where ever I live GET IT ....

you sound like a mad and frustrated Florida Native, who got hiss *** handed to him in school by a so called transplanted ny'er OH YEA BY THE WAY I DO HAVE A I LOVE NY TEE-SHIRT AND A 911 TEE-SHIRT AND PLENTY OF JETS AND METS AND KNICKS TEE-SHIRTS to name a few...

:cooldude: oh I also have FLORIDA ONE'S TOO :rolleyes:

nyrican said:
know lets see NYC THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD... now that is a fact jack ... once again buddy boy if I choose to live here or in the middle of the country does not change the FACT THAT NYC IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD......

well grasshopper, As a Navy Vet I have been to Spain, Italy, France, Africa, Isreal, and so forth and NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO NYC ... so by being a NAVY VET I can choose where ever I live GET IT ....

you sound like a mad and frustrated Florida Native, who got hiss *** handed to him in school by a so called transplanted ny'er OH YEA BY THE WAY I DO HAVE A I LOVE NY TEE-SHIRT AND A 911 TEE-SHIRT AND PLENTY OF JETS AND METS AND KNICKS TEE-SHIRTS to name a few...

Oh my another NY'er full of "FACTS"!!!

I just love how NY'ers seem to think they hand it too people all the time. Of course about the only time I've ever seen it is ONLINE!!! You Online Bully you..........

AZPHINFAN75 said:
I live in Phoenix and the Cardinals possibly have the worst fans not the Dolphins. I go to several Dolphin games when they are in this region and there is always a good showing of loud fans. I went to a monday night game several years ago against the Pats(we lost 14-12) in Miami and late in the game when we had a chance to win and the majority of people around me were sitting in their seats being quite, i expected more out of the fans in Miami. Ill be in seattle and Denver this year. So dont say Miami has the worst fans. Because there are alot of us around the country that are big fans and always will be. Oh yea, in case you forgot I believe a team called the D-Backs Beat the yankees in the WS.
But what has management done to show their dedicated to winning ever?? Maimi consisttently puts a top product out on the field, can you truly say the same for Arizona

DolFinatic718 said:
I am a die hard Miami Dolphin fan ........you Miami fans are by far the worst!!!!! ....................
................. I do love my Miami Dolphins

I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from on much of your points. however, there are several lifelong, loyalist of the Miami Dolphins (i consider myself one, i have never wavered) who don't fit the stereotype in which you build of dolphin fans. i quoted you in a few instances above because you bounce between declaring yourself a die hard dolphin, calling the team "my Miami Dolphins", then criticizing the fans by calling us "you Miami fans". i feel like that is the flaw in this post. The Dolphins represent the city of Miami... have for years. You can't love the team then bash the majority of the fan base while seperating yourself as a good "non-miami dolphin"

This guys a piece of crap, you are the type of fan that give us REAL Dolfans a bad name. You should go route for the JETS New Yorker, I'm sick of people degrading the fans around here in Florida. The reason we are so upset is because look at the FRONT OFFICE decisions. That is why I ridicule the dolphins because some of the **** we do is so F'd up. But go be a New York fan nobody that's a real Dolphin fan needs your bull ****.

ptmn said:
This guys a piece of crap, you are the type of fan that give us REAL Dolfans a bad name. You should go route for the JETS New Yorker, I'm sick of people degrading the fans around here in Florida. The reason we are so upset is because look at the FRONT OFFICE decisions. That is why I ridicule the dolphins because some of the **** we do is so F'd up. But go be a New York fan nobody that's a real Dolphin fan needs your bull ****.
ptmn,

Welcome to FinHeaven, the best Dolphins site on the planet. You're going to enjoy the site, I'm sure, and we're happy to hear your views, BUT... please know that we don't allow derogatory personal comments about or directed at other members. Otherwise, have fun. Oh... and try not to break anything.

P4E

nyrican said:

Saying New York City is the greatest city is an opinion, not a fact. My opinion is that New York City sucks. I live in Manhattan and I can't wait to get out of this ****hole. This city has crappy public services but has high taxes, crappy weather, is dirty, has too many rude people, etc. I could go on forever about all the bad things about NYC. I have been too many cities and I would say I prefer most of them over NYC.

Im a Finfan in NY. And only reason why I have to partially agree is because I cant remember when it was but I recall one game in Miami when the Jets went down there and beat the Fins and you could hear the J-E-T-S chant all throughout the stadium. I watched in disgust and couldnt believe that was going on in the Fin home stadium. That would and could NEVER happen in NY. Ive been to a couple of Fin/Jets games here in NY and tho you get plenty of Miami fans no way could that ever happen. Whats up with that???

Here are the attendance figures...Miami gets a bad rap it doesn't deserve.

These figures are sorted by Average 2002 Attendance.

Team Stadium Capacity Average 2002 Attendance %
Redskins FedEx Field 86,484 80,494 93.10
Giants Giants Stadium 79,469 78,651 97.80
Jets Giants Stadium 80,242 78,602 98.90
Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium 79,451 78,188 98.40
Broncos Invesco Field at Mile High 76,125 75,613 99.30
Browns Cleveland Browns Stadium 73,300 73,287 100.00
Dolphins Pro Player Stadium 75,192 73,190 97.30
Panthers Ericson Stadium 73,250 71,502 97.60
Texans Reliant Stadium 69,500 69,915 100.60
Ravens Ravens Stadium 69,084 69,341 100.40
Falcons Georgia Dome 71,228 68,872 96.70
Titans The Coliseum 68,798 68,805 100.00
Bills Ralph Wilson Stadium 73,967 68,463 92.50
Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 68,436 100.60
Saints Louisiana Superdome 68,390 67,850 99.20
49ers 3COM Park 69,734 67,699 97.10
Rams Edward Jones Dome 60,000 66,062 100.00
Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium 66,000 65,629 100.00
Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 66,000 65,442 99.90
Vikings Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome 64,121 64,065 99.90
Packers Lambeau Field 62,500 63,599 101.80
Cowboys Texas Stadium 65,639 63,090 96.10
Seahawks Seahawks Stadium 67,000 63,078 94.10
Chargers Qualcomm Stadium 70,000 61,872 88.40
Steelers Heinz Field 64,450 61,284 95.10
Lions Ford Field 64,355 61,218 94.20
Bears Soldier Field 70,904 60,907 85.90
Raiders Network Associates Coliseum 63,132 60,637 96.00
Colts RCA Dome 56,127 56,670 101.00
Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium 73,000 56,277 77.10
Bengals Paul Brown Stadium 65,393 52,779 80.70
Cardinals Sun Devil Stadium 73,014 40,909 56.00

Ozzy said:
Oh my another NY'er full of "FACTS"!!!

I just love how NY'ers seem to think they hand it too people all the time. Of course about the only time I've ever seen it is ONLINE!!! You Online Bully you..........

:D :D :D

CirclingWagons said:
He's right...Dolphins have the worst fans in football.

I truly believe that there are plenty of real diehard finfans, but they are spread out all over the country...the majority of finfans in Miami could care less. Don't believe me?...go to a game, you could study for finals there.

I don't believe that going to home games shows how devoted a fan you are. I'm 2 hours from the stadium and only go to one or two games a year. It can be said that my investment in the team is only those two games. However, I can't get away to all the games. I'm in Naples and there isn't a (known of) large contingent of fans as hard core as I am. Subsequently, I have to talk my wife, and friends, co-workers, and families into going to the games with me. They go for me but they'd just as soon stay home and watch them on tv or not at all. I have frequently tried to start a SW florida fan club but the results are only one or two people usually interested. Subsequently, I have no opportunity to turn my attention and wallet to improve my living room so I can enjoy the Phins there. Tv, surround sound, nice sofas, directv.

In regards to the negative journalism. I believe that most of these journalists are transplants from elsewhere. They get down here and only know sports so the sports editor tells them to cover the 'phins. They don't like the team but need the job so they cover them anyway. It's so bad you can watch Any Given Sunday and see Pacino's character get hounded by a miami tv journalist. The one guy I like is this Ethan Cohen for sun-sentinel he seems to genuinely like the 'phins and I believe is a hometown guy.

Back
Top Bottom