MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!!

F150&Dolfan said:
Let me break it down barney style for you.

I don't care what people think of Dolphins fans I will still be one until the end.

WELL BARNEY I AM ONE TOO

LOOK AT THE SN :eek:

NOW WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? :cooldude:

He's just saying that you (or whoever criticized) is saying he's less of a fan then you because he has concerns. I feel the same way when somebody post these threads ( I have NEVER been down on my team EVER in any way). They always come across as talking down to the fan base, the fans that never ever b!tch. When these threads are posted, the poster needs to quit generalizing, its very insulting to the me as a fan that bleeds orange and teal.....not to say the others don't.

I could be wrong, but thats something I needed to say anyway. :D

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey how is everyone doing tonight? I have been trying to post a new thread ever since this new format was done and I just figured it out :confused: I know I'm clueless. But on to the reason I am posting this very true thread. I am a die hard Miami Dolphin fan who resides in the world renowned, world famous, mecca of sports, NEW YORK CITY. And living in new york city us fans have been known to be very harsh on our teams (Knicks, Jets, Giants, Rangers and yes even the Yankee's). But I must say that you Miami fans are by far the worst!!!!! :roflmao:

What I have notice about you guys which is the sad part is that its a trickle down effect. It starts off up top with the media!! :eek: Yup, these Miami based sports journalists are some of the worst around. And then you guys read them, believe them, and comeback to sites like these and post all kind of nonsense. Too many times i have come to this site first to see what you guys are talking about only to read the exact same words on a article posted by a journalist. :shakeno:

Now some of you might be reading this and shaking your heads in denial :shakeno: which is understandable because that of course is the first reaction of a guilty person. But this conclusion I have come to was thought out long and hard, and it all started with the Miami Marlins. I'm am in no way a baseball fan but I do enjoy how the Yanks seem to pull it off every year, with last year of course being the exception. But coming here on the regular last year I came across some threads about the Marlins. I even read some articles about the Marlins and heard a few things on WQAM and the biggest thing last year was the poor attendance you fans had for your beloved team. There were talks of selling the team, and how bad they were, and me not knowing no better believed what I read. Then out of nowhere, HEY THE MARLINS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :eek: . I can remember the guys on WQAM saying "All we know is all you guys bashing this team before better not hope on the bandwaggon now." And guess what, you guys took heed, because even in the playoffs the Marlins attendance wasn't nothing to brag about, until the World Series.

After the Marlins won it all you bashers looked like bafoons and hid in your little corner until the coast was clear. But it wasn't you guys fault because like I said it all started with the media and you guys didnt know any better. I witnessed the samething with your Miami Heats. SAME EXACT THING. First it was "they suck, they suck, they suck" Now its a different story coming out of Miami.

Fortunately I like neither the Marlins or the Heat, but unfortunately for me, I do love my Miami Dolphins and because I do live in NY and have to read articles based in Miami I have to put up with constant nonsene, negative publicity, and quick judgements. It is very frustating but it is something I do put up with and deal with. Anyone who disagree's just look at what you guys have posted today and look at the articles posted by your Miami based journalist.

Hey its just something to think about and observe.

:cooldude:

NY based Dolphin fan signing off!!! ;)

**"YOU NEVER MISS A GOOD THING TILL IT LEAVES YOU"**

Haha, ADMIN EDIT:edited for content. Just because South Florida fans don't want to pay their hard earned money for tickets only to watch their team lose, doesn't make them any less of fans. I've supported the Heat, and The Marlins all my life. But both teams have gone through some rough times, and struggled to win games. Nobody wants to pay money to see your beloved team lose. I can support them on TV and watch them lose for free.

Somebody stated that there are more fans spread around the country rather than in the South Florida area. This may be true considering, everyone and their mothers, move down here from up north for the weather bringing their BS home team pride with them. It's truely sad. I know more dolphin haters, than dolphin fans and I live an hour north of Miami.

As for PPS, there are about 80,000 seats. 10,000 of em are occupied by opposing teams fans it seems, no matter what teams we are playing. 20,000 if we are playing Division rivals.

718...you probably don't want to hear this, but the fact that the Marlins and Heat don't sell out probably has more to do with the number of people here than not supporting the team. You have 10-12 mil people in the city alone, not counting LI and Jersey....we have maybe 3-4 mil here and they are spread from Jupiter to Key West...The Fins games are usually sold out, even tho not every seat is filled all the time (except for Jets games), but that also has to do with the weather and the availability to do other things....Most of us either have a boat or know someone that does and spend weekends fishing, skiing, etc. (or at least percentage-wise more people than NY area). It's kind of a cultural difference of the people...I now happen to live in NC and see the difference in peoples activities. I used to blow this opinion off when I lived there, but see it now that I don't...there are just more places to spend your time and money than the sports arenas....Hey, it's lot more fun to sit at a sports bar, (which are plentiful) and watch the games with friends and other fans than to sit in the stadium. Personally, when I was living there, I went to every Fins game and tailgated, rain or shine...I went to about a dozen or so Marlins game (but BBis not my choice of sports) and probably 2-3 Heat games...I also went to about 6-10 Panther games a season, but I was into the sports tho....

Just a difference in culture....

Ok Folks...

This is it.
I could sit here and edit about 10 posts in this thread that break TOS. Quite frankly, I really don't feel like going through all the trouble.
I'm not going to make a list of everyone to warn here either, and I really don't want to hear the impending "he started it" responses.

EVERYONE needs to chill out... stop insulting each other, stop insulting entire citys (you make a blanket statement about NYers, and believe it or not, you insult a good portion of the members), stop judging people by silly standards (must not be a real fan if you haven't been to a game...blah blah blah), and stop the arrogant "my opinion is better than yours" garbage.

This is getting old VERY quickly. The kind of posts I'm seeing lately simply astonish me. All this infighting, and catty little jabs at each other is making the board incredibly tedious for those who want to discuss a REAL issue about the Dolphins.

Again... I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular... those who were out of line SHOULD know who you are. If I see any more of these childish playground outbursts, I WILL start calling people out... and at this point, seeing as how I'm not in the best of moods... I won't be very objective.

So.... EVERYONE... cut the crap, remember we're ALL Dolphin Fans (except CW, justa and clumpy... but they don't count anyway ;) ), and let's at least pretend to be mature individuals who want to discuss our favorite team.

Looks like Wharf and I got here at the same time.

Dolfinatic718 said:
This response is directed towards who ever watches over this site and moderates it. This is the second time someone has personally tried to insult me and nothing has been done. Yet when I write "I dont think your IQ is to high" you guys bleep it out. Something needs to be done. :fire:

There's no "conspiracy". :rolleyes: As I said in your last response (the edit), why don't you just report the post (bottom left of each reply...the "warning explamation" sign?? It's easier when we receive an email directing us to a specific post than for us to happen upon post #100 on page 8 of a thread.

There certainly is a noticable problem with the fan base in Miami. I can't comment on it personally, because I have never been there. But, I have spoken with fans that attend both the Dolphins & Hurricane games...and they say there is no comparison.

I was told that the Canes have a much younger and more enthusiastic crowd...which makes perfect sense.

The Dolphins crowd needs an infusion of youth. Grumpy old negative folk that walk out before the 4th quarter don't make for a good fan base.

Give the Canes fans a ticket discount and fill the seats with young maniacs who don't care how hot it is.

PhinstiGator said:
There certainly is a noticable problem with the fan base in Miami. I can't comment on it personally, because I have never been there. But, I have spoken with fans that attend both the Dolphins & Hurricane games...and they say there is no comparison.

I was told that the Canes have a much younger and more enthusiastic crowd...which makes perfect sense.

The Dolphins crowd needs an infusion of youth. Grumpy old negative folk that walk out before the 4th quarter don't make for a good fan base.

Give the Canes fans a ticket discount and fill the seats with young maniacs who don't care how hot it is.

exactly my thinking....

DolFinatic718 said:
exactly my thinking....
nobody cares what you 'think'. :cooldude: This is how we are in Miami, this is how we like it, and we don't need somebody from New York that doesn't live here telling us how he 'thinks' we should be. You don't like Miami fans, then don't cheer for Miami teams, be a jets fan or buffalo fan or whatever other city you think is supposed to be a 'great' fans. nuff said. :cooldude:

go_fins said:
nobody cares what you 'think'. :cooldude: This is how we are in Miami, this is how we like it, and we don't need somebody from New York that doesn't live here telling us how he 'thinks' we should be. You don't like Miami fans, then don't cheer for Miami teams, be a jets fan or buffalo fan or whatever other city you think is supposed to be a 'great' fans. nuff said. :cooldude:

Agreed. :up:

I completely agree with everything from the first post. The negativity is the reason I barely read anything on this site. Its ALL negative and whenever a guy comes in here and tries to be positive, you guys just shoot him down. It gets so annoying, it seems like you want everything to go wrong. We have had our problems this season but we got a new QB, David Boston, 4 new starting O-lineman, marions gone and arrested, we are trying to re-sign Ogun, and you guys are all still crying.. give it a break!

pigskinguy said:
Agreed. :up:

I am glad you agree with ignorance, now I know what I am dealing with, and when I see a post with your name by it I know not to take it seriously. Thanks. :cooldude:

Tommy5988 said:
I completely agree with everything from the first post. The negativity is the reason I barely read anything on this site. Its ALL negative and whenever a guy comes in here and tries to be positive, you guys just shoot him down. It gets so annoying, it seems like you want everything to go wrong. We have had our problems this season but we got a new QB, David Boston, 4 new starting O-lineman, marions gone and arrested, we are trying to re-sign Ogun, and you guys are all still crying.. give it a break!

Where you from? :confused:

NJ.. its not that i disagree with ALL the negativity but some of the guys on here are crybabies and i guarantee in like 10 years younger then 75 % of this board lolol

phinman1 said:
It's "I couldn't care less...". If you "could care less", than you care. Get it? I've seen this misused so many times, I just had to say something.

You used an inappropriate form of then in your sentence. Should be If you "could care less", THEN you care... Get it?

Back
Top Bottom