MiamiDolfan85 Miami Mock(first 4 rounds) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MiamiDolfan85 Miami Mock(first 4 rounds)

Cyrus Kouandjio is one of the elite left tackles in college football. We moved an All-American left tackle to Center in order to get Kouandjio there despite only being a sophomore. One area Fluker tends to struggle is pass protection and owns Mingo. Damontre Moore is a kid that I view as a legitimate top 10 prospect, where as Montgomery is a kid that's as good of a player as any of the DE's that may go in the 1st round in my estimation.

that left tackle that wr amare cooper and the rb yelton all special talents for bama...all top 10 picks imo...

Evidently I wouldn't have to worry about very many taking this kid out from under me.... he'd fall to me in the 4th round. I'll take it.

May have already been said (I didn't read the whole thread), but how do you consider Stedman Bailey a *smaller* DeSean Jackson? He's bigger than DeSean Jackson is. Tavon Austin is the one who reminds me of a smaller DeSean Jackson, but from what I've seen, DeSean Jackson may just be a poor man's Tavon Austin.

It's not popular but I wonder if corner is just such a glaring weakness that we may just have to come to grips with Dee Milliner being potentially the most likely choice at #11 or #13 or wherever we pick (assuming we get to 6-10). Taking a corner is never really popular for fans because it's more of a preventative decision...but it might be the most likely choice. Richard Marshall was not very good when he played, and then he got hurt, and he's only got I believe one more year left under contract anyway. Nolan Carroll is in the doghouse. R.J. Stanford isn't exactly the answer. Jimmy Wilson has been mostly a liability as a corner.

And in the end the mile-high view of it just makes sense. The Dolphins struck out on Vontae Davis, were forced to jettison him, so now they've got to replace him.

I haven't seen too many (read: none whatsoever) fan mocks that begin with Dee Milliner at #11 or #13 overall, but it may be a possibility that needs exploring.

I definitely think a corner is needed, but just don't know if there's that Claiborne/Peterson type guy out there that would make fans salivate. Granted, he probably wouldn't be available at #11 or #13 if there was.

Personally, I like Jordan Poyer and think he may be available in Round 2. If not, then another CB will be.

Honestly, I've had trouble pin pointing exactly who I'd want in the first with the players whom will most likely be available. But the best DE, CB, WR, or if a stud like Te'o falls, then I'll be okay. I just don't want another lineman. I recognize the possibility is there for that, unfortunately.

as long as i can quote you on that jpp stuff...of which tools and athletically wise montgomery can't sniff

b/t guys that left tackle for bama cyrus whatever his name is that kid looks special to me down the line...i really like him...might be the best player on that line already...
I read it was Barrett Jones, not Cyrus who contained Montgomery but who cares, it was one game. I remember a year ago Patriot fans were jawing about how Nate Solder shut down Cam Wake the whole game. It's not like Dolphins nation was like, "oh, Cam is losing it" or he's garbage or whatever. No. Solder just had one good game against him, so what. Wake has a body of work(All Pro, 1 time Pro Bowl selection;on pace for another), just like Montgomery(only DE on the team last year to earn First Team All-SEC w/ 13.5 sacks). Trust me, they just down hand those out to scrubs. Name 2 more tackles in the country that's had that kind of sucess against Montgomery.

....I'll wait

Last edited by a moderator:
I read it was Barrett Jones, not Cyrus who contained Montgomery but who cares, it was one game. I remember a year ago Patriot fans were jawing about how Nate Solder shut down Cam Wake the whole game. It's not like Dolphins nation was like, "oh, Cam is losing it" or he's garbage or whatever. No. Solder just had one good game against him, so what. Wake has a body of work(All Pro, 1 time Pro Bowl selection;on pace for another), just like Montgomery(only DE on the team last year to earn First Team All-SEC w/ 13.5 sacks). Trust me, they just down hand those out to scrubs. Name 2 more tackles in the country that's had that kind of sucess against Montgomery.

....I'll wait

i suggest you get your hands on the a & m lsu tape and the matchup against ots luke joeckel and jake matthews...who were dominant...

i suggest you get your hands on the a & m lsu tape and the matchup against ots luke joeckel and jake matthews...who were dominant...

I'll give you Joeckel, because he primarily matched up against him but give me tape where Matthews dominated cause Im not seeing it

I definitely think a corner is needed, but just don't know if there's that Claiborne/Peterson type guy out there that would make fans salivate. Granted, he probably wouldn't be available at #11 or #13 if there was.

Personally, I like Jordan Poyer and think he may be available in Round 2. If not, then another CB will be.

Honestly, I've had trouble pin pointing exactly who I'd want in the first with the players whom will most likely be available. But the best DE, CB, WR, or if a stud like Te'o falls, then I'll be okay. I just don't want another lineman. I recognize the possibility is there for that, unfortunately.

If it's a corner then for my money the best one in the Draft is probably Dee Milliner. Best combination of pure movement skills, ball skills, physicality and aggressiveness, etc. Has good size too. Not shutdown but then, who is? Biggest problem for me isn't "shutdown", it's actually lack of discipline in tackling support angles.

It wasn't Barrett Jones who contained Montgomery in that game, it was definitely Kouandjio. Except for one play where Cyrus seemed to not realize he'd have the help of a back chipping on Montgomery's outside shoulder. Montgomery took advantage of the tangle by spinning back to the inside.

Kouandjio looked great to me and I'm sure he'll be a high quality tackle prospect. But it wasn't just Cyrus that got the better of Sam that day. Michael Williams the tight end did as well. As did pulling guards, or guards when they had Montgomery in straight one on one when Sam lined up at DT.

Hey a bad day can be a bad day, no big deal. But I studied a lot of Sam Montgomery in 2011 and came away equally frustrated and underwhelmed.

I've always subscribed to Saban's theory when it comes to the "shutdown" label on a corner.... there's no such thing. A perfect throw beats perfect coverage. If a CB is shutting down one side of the field, it's because of you not him. It's your choice to avoid that side of the field and not throw at him.

i don't know darrelle revis was pretty dang shut down for a while there...

i also agree with the tackling angles in support with milliner can be suspect at times...i think he can be a little suspect in off man also...and i'm not sure i see great ball awareness and ball skills...i don't to date at least see a top 5 worthy pick corner anywhere in this class...not like in years past

If you don't take a WR round 1/early 2nd I don't see how you can pass up Swope in round 3.

Even if we take a top WR id still want Swope. We wont get him but its a nice idea.

i think you can get swope in round 3...i'd feel pretty confident about it actually...but i guess you'd be rolling with 2 primarily slots in your wr core with swope and bess...not sure how smart i think that is...

but i do like swope...and he would fit this o very well...very smart football player knows how to read coverage and run routes accordingly and i think faster than people think...maybe late 4.5's range

not as quick twitch though as many other slots in the league though...

Back
Top Bottom