Micah Parsons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Micah Parsons

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
Comp I’d make is Carl Banks. I love the player, but I wouldn’t take him at #3.

Comp I’d make is Carl Banks. I love the player, but I wouldn’t take him at #3.
Man, that's an exciting comp though. I have read that there could be some character/attitude concerns with him?

Obviously, I have no idea but that could certainly factor in on where he is drafted.

Man, that's an exciting comp though. I have read that there could be some character/attitude concerns with him?

Obviously, I have no idea but that could certainly factor in on where he is drafted.
There was a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against the school which included him. Allegedly involved him (and others) holding a team mate down and rubbing their junk on him.

There was a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against the school which included him. Allegedly involved him (and others) holding a team mate down and rubbing their junk on him.

i saw something that said that he was not named in that suit. It was a former dt that has left the program primary.

he did get into a fight in the lockerroom with the kid that filed the suit but there’s nothing attached to that.

Yes there are trash cans for that kind of thing

So this was settled. His involvement analyzed. Why do you feel to continue to forefront?
Do you feel it is still an issue although already settled?

One of the two best HS football players I've ever seen in person, the other being LaVar Arrington. Micah is just a natural: a freak athlete with freakish football instincts.

Not as athletic as Arrington (who is?) but more willing to play in a system and play a role than LaVar. He's great as a pass rusher, developed into a great run-stopper in college, and I have no doubt he could be effective in coverage. Basically no real weaknesses, gives you a lot of versatility.

That said, I'm not sure he's a culture fit with Flores and the Dolphins. If Miami drafted him, I wouldn't be disappointed, but there's just some questions I have with culture fit and I don't know if there's that much separation between him and the top WRs in this draft -- which, IMO, is the one real pressing need -- to merit picking Micah over those three guys.

My ideal scenario would be to get the third pick, be blown away by a trade offer to drop to 4 or 5 from a team that wants Sewell or Wilson, then get blown away by another trade offer to move down another 4-5 spots for a team that falls in love with Parsons' potential. Trust me, we haven't even seen what he's capable of yet.

One of the two best HS football players I've ever seen in person, the other being LaVar Arrington. Micah is just a natural: a freak athlete with freakish football instincts.

Not as athletic as Arrington (who is?) but more willing to play in a system and play a role than LaVar. He's great as a pass rusher, developed into a great run-stopper in college, and I have no doubt he could be effective in coverage. Basically no real weaknesses, gives you a lot of versatility.

That said, I'm not sure he's a culture fit with Flores and the Dolphins. If Miami drafted him, I wouldn't be disappointed, but there's just some questions I have with culture fit and I don't know if there's that much separation between him and the top WRs in this draft -- which, IMO, is the one real pressing need -- to merit picking Micah over those three guys.

My ideal scenario would be to get the third pick, be blown away by a trade offer to drop to 4 or 5 from a team that wants Sewell or Wilson, then get blown away by another trade offer to move down another 4-5 spots for a team that falls in love with Parsons' potential. Trust me, we haven't even seen what he's capable of yet.
I've been hoping that you would share this.

So this was settled. His involvement analyzed. Why do you feel to continue to forefront?
Do you feel it is still an issue although already settled?

The concern isn't whether it's settled or not. What they want is a good team mate that fits the culture. Somebody being a poor team mate is a red flag. Now I personally feel that his skill set is a great fit. I believe that he's talented enough that he could be a difference maker even though LB isn't generally a premium position. I don't expect I'll ever meet him so I won't have an opinion on whether his personality will fit or not. But I'm sure that Grier and Flores will. And I'm sure they'll ask about it regardless of whether it's settled.

I don’t watch many of his games but did some research. Is it true his weakness is pass coverage?

Interesting to hear this take.
I like the idea of possibly trading 1 or 2 x but we should be careful if we are targeting a WR.There are 3 team Chargers Vikings and 49ers that should be eyeing 1.

Back
Top Bottom