Micah Parsons | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Micah Parsons

He suspended twice in HS, once from the team for 4 games (violating team rules) and once from school. The school suspension lead to him transferring from Central Dauphin to Harrisburg. Several levels to the story and different accounts as to what exactly happened but the charge was inciting a riot. He also didn't start the Minnesota game last year for what was described as a “behavioral modification issue.”

When he was being recruited, I heard the following comments:
- The good: Best player I ever saw in HS, #1 player in the country, scares the hell out of me on the field
- The bad: attitude issues, attention issues, self-absorbed, prima donna, a**hole

Lots of talk about the games he played during his recruitment, committing to everyone, lying to several coaches, just loving the attention and anything that came with it. Again not uncommon in the recruitment game but one term used to describe his recruitment was "bizarre" and kids who play excessive games during the process tend to not live up to expectations. Supposedly his dad was even worse with the attention.

Parsons does have a young child (2 yrs old i think) and that can change people......so if the hazing thing hadn't come up, i would have taken it as a knucklehead teenager who matured in college. This may still be the case as others have talked about his work ethic, how he's a leader on the team, does a lot of local community work, etc.

that’s not great by any means. Flores hasn’t seemed to embrace alpha personality’s. Constantly talks about team.

Just curious if anyone has any takes on how ray Lewis character was in high school or college.

My stance continues to be that, as talented and tantalizing as Micah Parsons is, selecting that kid is a luxury. MIA's defense is already quite capable w/o a player like him. And it should also be factored in that the LB position in today's NFL doesn't have the value or impact that it once did. And they better be pretty good in coverage -- something that is not totally known about Parsons.

I totally get liking the player. I totally get believing he'd make the defense better than they already are. What I don't get is drafting for luxury when the offense is so behind the 8-ball by comparison.

Not only that, but improving the offense improves the defense by proxy. Because if they can extend more drives and score more points the defense has a lot more margin for error.

Imagine if the Marino era Dolphins were the team we had today and they opted to use #3 on a luxury offensive pick. Fans would lose their mind.
Trade back and take Zaven Collins. Then you can still meet needs and add quality players at other positions.

Back
Top Bottom