Michael Egnew | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew

son, many of us hated the Egnew pick the moment it happened. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was in the 5th or 6th round. But a 3rd rounder........ we could have grabbed a player who is starting for us right now.
Tell me, dad, what percentage of first-round picks become starters in the NFL?

we'll be cutting this kid next camp...only made the roster cause he's a high pick...shown absolutely nothing to date...hated it when we took him way too high hating it now...still need a seam threat te for this offense

we'll be cutting this kid next camp...only made the roster cause he's a high pick...shown absolutely nothing to date...hated it when we took him way too high hating it now...still need a seam threat te for this offense
Jermichael Finley started his career the same way. Inactive at first, with a very small number of catches his first year.

Anybody professing to know what's going to happen with this guy must have a crystal ball.

Jermichael Finely started his career the same way. Inactive at first, with a very small number of catches his first year. Anybody professing to know what's going to happen with this guy must have a crystal ball.

like you with your matt moore is a legit like top 12 qb thread this offseason??? :sidelol:

Developmental picks are for late rounders.

The third round? Not so much.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Also ... Play nice, boys.

shouwrong...:lol:
Whatever your name is:

johnnycarson-1.jpg

Question: How many third round picks from this years draft sre starting?

Jermichael Finley started his career the same way. Inactive at first, with a very small number of catches his first year.

Anybody professing to know what's going to happen with this guy must have a crystal ball.

I haven't given up on Egnew yet, but that's not a good comparison. Finley fought for and won a spot on the roster as the 2nd TE behind Donald Lee (essentially their Fasano) and became a starter the next year.

I didn't expect Egnew to overtake Fasano this year, but I absolutely expected him to take the #2 spot based on his supposed talent, especially considering how lackluster Clay has been and the fact that Mastrud is essentially just another lineman. He couldn't do it, so there's a good amount of justification in concern.

Give Egnew time, he has talent and needs to learn the professional game like any other player. He is sitting behind good experience veterans in Fasano and Clay. Yall are taking too much from a criticism and yelling of a position coach when he is in the act of coaching. 99% of the players in the league have been screamed and degraded by a coach like Egnew was, that is the football culture. Its a problem when a coach doesnt say anything to you at all, then that means you have no talent and you are probly on your way out of the door.

Back
Top Bottom