Michael Egnew | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew

I guess you didn't watch the preseason games? When the OC tells him if it were up to him his ass would be cut I would say that is based on a little more than a few seconds. Becasue Miami spent a 3rd rounder on him is the "ONLY" reason he is on the roster.

Lamar miller didnt do **** in the preseason, i suppose we ought to write him off as well

That's a lie.

And the only ones bringing up Hard Knocks are the ones defending him, which is funny, because he absolutely blew on HK. The only thing we really have to go on is the fact that he couldn't beat out Clay or Mastrud and will be on and off the active game day roster all year.

Again, bringing up great TEs for some strange reason, and not countering anything I said by doing so.

kind of figured he wouldn't beat out Clay, and as I've been saying for a few years, for all Mastrud's faults he has done a great job as a blocking TE. I thought Egnew would contribute but the fact he has struggled isn't a big deal yet.

1st pick of the 3rd round by the Colts, TE Dwayne Allen, 2 games played, 1 reception for 3 yards....

5th pick of the 3rd round, WR Devier Posey, Inactive, no catches no yards, on a houston team with 0 WR threats outside of Andre Johnson

20th pick of the 3rd round, WR Mohammed Sanu, Inactive, 0 catches 0 yards, listed 6th on the Bengals depth chart

29th pick of the 3rd round, WR T.Y. Hilton, Inactive week 1, active week 2 with 1 reception for 15 yards

As you can see the entire 3rd round is a bust, the Benglas, Colts, Texans GM's should all be fired, all the players listed above are automatic draft busts and should be cut immediately :rolleyes2:
What the **** is it with extremes on this board? Did I say he should be starting? Did I say he should be a pro bowl player from the get go? Did I say he was a bust? No. In fact, I said nothing even close to it. Work on your reading comprehension.

Also, I don't give a **** what other teams are doing. None of those picks address why Egnew can't contribute in some way on this team.

kind of figured he wouldn't beat out Clay, and as I've been saying for a few years, for all Mastrud's faults he has done a great job as a blocking TE. I thought Egnew would contribute but the fact he has struggled isn't a big deal yet.
Mastrud is a role player, so I wasn't expecting Egnew to beat him as he isn't playing for the same role. Clay, on the other hand, hasn't lived up to the hype and is very beatable if Egnew is what everyone seems to think he is.

1st pick of the 3rd round by the Colts, TE Dwayne Allen, 2 games played, 1 reception for 3 yards....

5th pick of the 3rd round, WR Devier Posey, Inactive, no catches no yards, on a houston team with 0 WR threats outside of Andre Johnson

20th pick of the 3rd round, WR Mohammed Sanu, Inactive, 0 catches 0 yards, listed 6th on the Bengals depth chart

29th pick of the 3rd round, WR T.Y. Hilton, Inactive week 1, active week 2 with 1 reception for 15 yards

As you can see the entire 3rd round is a bust, the Benglas, Colts, Texans GM's should all be fired, all the players listed above are automatic draft busts and should be cut immediately :rolleyes2:

The Colts drafted two TE's in the 2nd and 3rd round. They took Allen in the 3rd yes, but they took Coby Fleener in the 2nd round before Allen.

Egnew was a reach in the 3rd round. After FLeener and Allen were taken, that's it, you don't even look at the TE position in that draft until the 5th round. Ireland messed up again.

P.S.

TY Hilton had a big day today and scored his first touchdown.

Mohammed Sanu had a big day today also and scored a long touchdown.

Back
Top Bottom